Your Stories Await Telling

Away & Here Notices

Defiance

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It is very likely that I will have no posting time for about a week.  I have some RL stuff to do and on Saturday, I get another Covid stabbity stab, which usually makes me sick for a few days.  I will resume posting as soon as possible.

53 minutes ago, Hope said:

Surely not Douglas jnr?! 

I had wondered of you were teaching your bairn the Scottish accent yet...

Yup. Turns out hubby's grandfather was called Douglas, and he wanted to name young Sir after him. I had no objections. 

We do have a Scottish surname, but the best ones to teach him the accent would be my Scottish God parents. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will cherish my e-kitty, christened Purrcock, forever.

As said on chat, I'm now at home. I still feel pretty rough, especially after PT, and the meds have taken my wits and scattered them. Plenty of time to post, though, so if you're waiting on me please let me know so I don't drown in the sea of unread posts.

And because I haven't said it enough, thank you all so much for being good friends as I set new hospital records - I guess guys in their late 20s don't break their hips much. 😉 but seriously y'all had my back and I appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm still having issues with real life obligations (social stuff even, post-COVID, it feels so weird!) taking up a lot of time, in combination with my toddler going through a developmental phase which has seen him develop separation anxiety, and I'm the stay at home parent, so my free time is almost nil. If things don't improve in the next few days I might have to take some leave, though obviously I'd rather not so I live in hope.

For anyone interested/concerned, apparently it's a totally normal for his age. It's to do with developing more of a sense of self as a separate entity. He's suddenly got the idea that mum and dad could leave him behind (not that we ever would, but it's now a concern for him) but at the same time he's started doing all sorts of things independently, like helping himself from the fruit bowl when he's hungry and trying to pour his own juice. Helping himself from my chocolate stash wasn't quite so cute.

7 hours ago, Douglas FitzJames said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm still having issues with real life obligations (social stuff even, post-COVID, it feels so weird!) taking up a lot of time, in combination with my toddler going through a developmental phase which has seen him develop separation anxiety, and I'm the stay at home parent, so my free time is almost nil. If things don't improve in the next few days I might have to take some leave, though obviously I'd rather not so I live in hope.

For anyone interested/concerned, apparently it's a totally normal for his age. It's to do with developing more of a sense of self as a separate entity. He's suddenly got the idea that mum and dad could leave him behind (not that we ever would, but it's now a concern for him) but at the same time he's started doing all sorts of things independently, like helping himself from the fruit bowl when he's hungry and trying to pour his own juice. Helping himself from my chocolate stash wasn't quite so cute.

You don't need to be told that this sort of thing takes priority. Good luck! 😄