JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Let Us All Make Merry, Very Very Merry!- Xmas 1677

Caroline Despanay

Rowley's group with everyone joining

Charles flicked a sidelong glance at Rowley and Ranelagh, grinning with amusement at Barbara's little exhibition. He was enjoying this little soiree immensely.

Can't recall the last time I had this much fun with my clothes on, actually.

Technically speaking, they were on in the labyrinth.

You know what I meant.

Still chuckling, he moved in to take Barbara's place next to Caroline.

"Let it not be said that I lag behind the times," he announced with mock gravity before leaning in to mimic Rowley's earlier actions, kissing their hostess with some enthusiasm.

Breaking off, he was sent into fresh peals of laughter at his new royally appointed title. A neat little compliment, in his opinion, unconsciously mirroring that of his sovereign.

"And never was a proud title more proudly borne," he quipped reflexively, eye shining with the simple joy of being among the closest thing he would ever find to kindred spirits.

"A new title for a justacorps," he mused of Barbara's comment. "Why, my skill at negotiation must be the envy of court."

Charles felt his grin widen at the arrival of another kindred spirit- Nicolette. He raised his glass in salute and opened his mouth to inquire further into her pronouncement, only to find the words replaced by a huff of amusement as Camberwell swept in and kissed the Lady of Misrule most thoroughly.

This is my sort of party.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowley's group with everyone joining

"When truth is he is forgiven already, yet it is all fun in sport!" Nicolette's eyes gleamed as she laughed with Caroline’s reply, Chatham looked like he wanted to know more, yet before this Frenching could say much Camberwell swept in and took charge of her lips!

A well practised kiss, definitely. Familiar? She could hardly say! It tasted rather lovely either way, and Nicci came away from it pink of cheeks. "La, First lady of the season, that sounded like a promotion, and I do like how we celebrate our promotions around here!" She slid her arm around Camberwell, and gave his rump a pinch as she winked.

Don’t look dont look. She was telling herself of her dreamboat Richard, or Chatham (who flirted so wonderfully!) as he moved to kiss Caroline. Nicolette instead looked towards Rowley. Did his lips feel as unkissed right now as hers did too? After such a through kissing, to not be kissing was almost unbearable! But she'd chased his kisses so much that it was old, now she needed to make him want to take hers.

"I would kiss our hostess too, but I already did that the other day!" she announced with a carefree laugh. Whether they believed it or not, it was actually true.

"Now if this was a game of poker, it would be time that somebody raised the stakes." And by somebody, she of course meant herself... "Kisses on lips are all very nice, but ooh, the shiver of excitement of a kiss on the shoulder..." her eyes were upon Old Rowley as she slipped the sleeve of her gown across to reveal that delicate bare skin.

ooc: Hope I am forgiven for posting a bit out of order, but I, like Caroline, wish to seize the moment.

IC:

No sooner had Caroline been kissed by Barbara when there was Charles Audley next. He had said something earlier but with all the commotion and chatter, she had missed it. But this time he had her attention alright as he kissed her after a glib comment about not wishing to lag behind the times. Caroline welcomed the kiss and when it was over couldn't resist a comment.

"Ahh, I doubt anyone would ever accuse you of lagging when it came to this sort of thing, certainly not I."

He was a fine mood, quite amused by his new title and Caroline had to admit it was apt.

"Yes, I see you are accepting of it with your usual modesty," she zinged him, in fun, she was certain he realized that, the man had quite the sense of humor.

Her young French friend remarked that she too would kiss Caroline but she had already done so previously. Caroline smiled back, "Yes, wouldn't want to wear you out when you must save your energy and enthusiasm for the men....naturally."

Then it was Nicci who raised the bar with her words and gesture.

"Now if this was a game of poker, it would be time that somebody raised the stakes," Nicci announced, matching her words with a deliberate slip of her gown to reveal more bare skin, "Kisses on lips are all very nice, but ooh, the shiver of excitement of a kiss on the shoulder..."

Caroline thought it was time to be a true friend and court ally to Nicci. While she was delighted with the King's attendance and thrilled with the attention he had given her thus far, unlike her best friend, Caroline was not setting her sights that high. No she knew she would never attain the status of royal mistress, she was pursuing other more realistic goals she felt. She had a sudden idea.

"All these able kissers, it is impossible to single one out yet I must venture Rowley here might be the ideal ...volunteer to demonstrate for all the rest of us," Caroline declared then glanced to His Majesty to see if he would pick up on her less than subtle encouragement to indulge Nicci.

Francis, Bucky, Louis, Bridget, Nicci leaving

"Ah promises, promises," Francis said with a laugh at the promise of a good spanking for not having a drink. "I shall hope you kiss it better when you are done too!" he added.

Francis was certainly not the shy sort.

Nicci left as she was hailed and that left Bridget alone with three men of rather questionable intention.

"Ooooooo," he let out with satisfaction as Basildon kissed the girl, smirking some as he then offered up both Villiers blonds. Francis rather hoped she kissed Buckingham, for that would be simply perfect. After all, who would go for him when there was a du----.

Her arms were around his very tall neck. Obligingly he leaned down and she gave him a kiss that reminded him why he was not fond of virgins. Nicci at least had kissing skill and was (apparently) far better read. It was a rather enthusiastic kiss but without much skill. He returned it to be sure, but it had not the natural rhythm of two skillful partners.

"You must complete your rounds, my dear!" he said, as if it had been the best kiss everrrr. "Do not be shy of the duke, he is only Master Huntsman tonight!"

"Yes, you must complete your rounds," Louis echoed. "His Grace is a Master Huntsman and it would be best to distract him with a kiss as well." His tone was jovial.

Nicci decided to raise the stakes with kisses to the neckj and shoulders. Louis nodded his approval at the idea. Why not? He looked to Buckingham to see if he would consider such a kiss upon Danby's daughter. Yet, in the interim, he called out "yes let Master Rowley lead us. the Lady of Misrule should be obeyed." It was said in fun, but it was also intended as an informal permission for the King to kiss his cousin openly. The permission might not be necessary, but the Earl was thinking that it might remove a small cloud in the mind of the monarch. One did not openly kiss relations unless one had at least tacit approval.

Rowley's Group with Bucky making observation

Nicci might notice Camberwell's backside was strong but also a bit more padded than most gentlemen.

"Is that all you want to feel?" Camberwell teased with a wag of the brow.

And then more tantalizing pleasures were taunted, and some of the company of the party playfull ooo-ed a bit at the challenge. A whistle came from the direction of Denbigh.

The king was not a man to be predictable. In fact, he oft frustrated ministers by doing the precise opposite, on purpose. There were only small victories when you were a king dependent upon other people to assert that yes, you could do whatever you wanted because you were king. Rowley was simply not a typical king.

His eyes bore mirth for all the youthful attention. It was just over a year ago now that a lady had rebuffed him in his Rowley disguise, and he had thought he lost his touch (was that Chichester's sister, he could not recall), but now it was clear that he had not.

Perhaps ladies had taken a break for his engagement & nuptials and now came back full force.

Even Barbara seemed primed to up the ante. He loved the attention, particularly when he did not need to be Charles II at all.

Oh how droll it was. For all the mademoiselle's chit-chatter with George and those looks he gave when he was very desirous of a woman, she seemed to now target him, Rowley, instead. One could never tell when George was playacting - it was a skill that had kept him alive in his twenties - but he was less so apt playacting with women. George had liked too many of his sisters throughout their life for him to mistake it.

Well, he would put on his own show. Old Rowley could show these children a thing or two. He put back his drink, took a step forward, smiled, and since he was only in his opened waistcoat and shirtsleeves, he deftly untied his own collar and pulled his shirt open to display his own shoulder. One dark eyebrow raised.

"How did our dear hostess know my shoulder is so very ideal?" he teased, before turning his eyes to see how his Misrule would use his counter-invitation.

Bucky's group

(Simultaneously)

Whilst carrying on with his new ally, his cub, and his new plaything in that chit of a girl spawned from Danby, Buckingham was keeping a subtle eye on Nicci and the King, who had summoned his Misrule.

If only the duke could know his royal foster sibling's thoughts, he would have been thoroughly amused. There was one thing, one large difference between the two of them that forever set them apart but Charles had always had a hard time understanding: Buckingham never had two loves at a time or two mistresses and he was quite loyal to them and not fickle at all. He had Gwen, and being apart from her during a court season was not a very large difficulty for him.

Hmm, yes, summoning what was by my side. In Buckingham's mind Charles had seen and bought his show. The french delight would have to work her magic to keep setting the lure instead of thinking of pulling the fish out of water too early. Now he could focus on the little delight in front of him as the others challenged her to a kiss.

"Perhaps she is not yet adventurous enough to claim a kiss from a duke?" he said of Bridget, smiling at her invitingly. The gentlemen might notice a wolfish, or was it lionish quality.

One of Caroline's guests was amusing himself at the drinks table, all while biding out his time to corner the hostess alone. Rowlands facination caught Barbara's amused notice. The Duchess chuckled to herself, leant towards Charles murmuring "Excuse me darling..." as she moved apart.

OOC: breaking Barbara away, sorry I'd not meant to hold up the group!

Rowley's Group

Charles laughed easily along with Caroline's gentle ribbing.

"You'll forgive me my immodesty, I hope Hippolyta. I felt that I had to give myself some flaws, lest I be thought intimidating or boring. But I'm sure you ladies need no telling about the burdens of perfection." He grinned boyishly.

He was still grinning when Nicolette suggested raising the stakes. Those words, as always, worked their magic, bringing out the best (some would the worst) in him. Charles could fancy he felt himself come on point like a gun dog at the words.

Oh, Mademoiselle, you are a coquette.

He couldn't wink, so he waggled his eyebrows at Nicolette, trusting she could read the meaning in the gesture.

He noticed Barbara's distraction and followed her gaze. He pouted playfully as she excused herself.

"But I wanted to kiss your shoulder," he murmured. "Ah well. I can be patient."

Turning back to the group, he waited to see how the Lady of Misrule would react to Rowley's turning of the tables.

Bucky's Group

Ignorant of Francis' thoughts, Bridget believed that she had pleased him with her kiss. Why else would he kiss her back? Her arms tightened around his neck, but she did not press her curves against him. To her, his kiss was almost as pleasurable as Lord Basildon's and when they pulled away from each other, she felt a bit dizzy and breathless.

Looking around, she realized that the Lady of Misrule had moved to another group and she was now the only lady in the midst of three amorous gentlemen. It was a rather disconcerting but exciting position to be in, particularly with Lord Kingston and Lord Basildon encouraging her to kiss the Duke. Bridget lifted the flask of brandy to her lips again and took a long gulp of liquid confidence.

Louis's words called her attention to the other group, and she blushed when she saw a tall man who looked familiar bare his shoulders. She quickly looked away. It was inappropriate for a young maiden to look upon a man who was not fully dressed, but she couldn't resist another covert peek. The brandy was beginning to lower her inhibitions

Her gaze lit upon Buckingham as he surmised that she wasn't adventurous enough to claim a kiss from him. “Since you are Master Huntsman, Your Grace,” she said, with a coy smile for the Duke, “shouldn't you be hunting me? Catch me and you will find out just how adventurous I am.” One might have expected her to take off running, but Bridget only took one step back, looking up at Buckingham with challenge glittering in her eyes.

Nicci

Meanwhile her friend goaded, and then the King made his counter. For a moment Nicolette wondered if Chatham would be so bold as to kiss one or both shoulders! Nicolette's eyes sparkled as she laughed! Was she disapointed that the King still resisted her, that he would be the pray rather than the hunter? That he mimicked her offer rather than accepted her invitation.

"La! Then perhaps the desires of Gemtlmen and Ladies are much alike!" The beauty moved in closer, for a moment it would appear to all that she was of a mind to kiss the royal shoulder, but instead she murmured, "we must test my theory one day." and with a flirtatious look she moved apart.

"Master Tomcat, will you help me choose a drink?"

Of course Audley had a ready quip after Caroline had shot across his bow with a tease. She absolutely loved his sense of humor and yet again it did not fail him. She had to laugh.

"I do struggle with that," she grinned.

Caroline had hoped she had set up her good friend, Nicci, perfectly to have her opportunity with Rowley...well, the King because Caroline could only think of him as what he was in reality. It was difficult for her to go along with this act but she did because it was the royal pleasure. However, her French friend seemed reluctant to seize the moment. But then mayhaps she had her reasons.

His Majesty upped the ante though, surprising her by baring his shoulder. Caroline's eyes went right to Nicci's face to see what her next move would be as Nicci seemed to move in for......But no, Nicci demurred instead breaking away and asking for counsel in choosing a drink. Once more Caroline was caught off guard.

"Yes, more drinking.....an excellent plan. Oh, and please everyone, avail yourselves of the food my fancy and expensive chef has prepared for us on this occasion. Save the undressing for later in the party. Once we are thoroughly soused and stuffed," Caroline called out.

Bucky's Group

"Ha! But the adventuress retreats instead of advancing," the duke teased. It was no fun if he did the pursuing, no matter his name of the evening.

"I thought you were going to be daring?"

Rowley's Group

Misrule turned the game yet again, besting him. He chuckled and then exhaled the anticipation that had built of her impending kiss on his shoulder.

"Now I shall agonize over whether that is a promise or a tease, Lady Misrule," he whispered back.

His eyes lingered after her as she went to speak to Tomcat. He raised an eyebrow to see if any other enterprising lady would jump to his offer.

As for Master Tomcat, he gave a jaunty mini-bow and said, "But of course!"

There really was not much to do other than cheer on the other players. The King exposed his shoulder and Nicci approached but withheld. Meanwhile Bridget kissed Buckingham and the Duke dared her onward.

"Perhaps a longer kiss will so intoxicate His Grace that he will become forever smitten by you," he encouraged Bridget. For now he was content to encourage others into dares.

Rowley's Group

Charles felt his grin widen at Caroline's banter.

"Entirely unsurprising, and entirely understandable," he said lightly, offering a slight bow. (The better to discreetly admire her low neckline and the slender column of her throat.)

An eyebrow rose briefly at the culmination of Nicolette and Rowley's byplay. A bold move he thought, and approved. That sort of almost taunting would have worked on Charles, and he did not think that his namesake would differ much in that. When was the last time that gentleman had had to pursue a woman? La Belle Stuart?

Assuming, of course, that it is not Ranelagh she aims at. She spoke of him, too, that day in the church.

"A tigress, our Lady of Misrule," Charles observed. "I look forward to seeing what sort of mischief she has us get up to. I feel it shall set the standard for many Christmases to come."

He dashed back the rest of his brandy and laughed at Caroline's pronouncement.

"A sound plan. Expensive chefs can be so troublesome when they feel their efforts unappreciated. Lead on."

Bucky, Basildon, Bridget, Francis

Francis snorted as Danby's daughter thought to try to get the duke to chase her. Oh how she did not understand ducal vanity!

"All the more daring to try to conquer the Huntsman," Francis goaded, hoping the young lady came back and kissed Buckingham. It would truly be a rather perfectly comical moment!

Bucky's Group

All three gentlemen encouraged her to be the huntress instead of the prey, actually daring her to kiss the Duke. Bridget took another swig of brandy as Lord Basildon suggested that she give Buckingham a long kiss. Maybe he wanted her to show off the skills he had taught her.

Oh, why not? How can I be an adventuress if I am not bold and daring?

With a saucy smile, she tenaciously stepped forward and again stood on tiptoe to wrap her arms around the Duke's neck. He was even taller than Lord Kingston, or at least it seemed that way. Pressing her lips against his, Bridget kissed him passionately, but a bit awkwardly. Her tongue quested against his teeth, hoping that he would open his mouth for her.

She wanted this to be a kiss he would never forget, so that Lord Basildon would be proud of her and jealous as well.

Rowley's group

Poor Rowley was left standing bare-shouldered and unkissed. It was as if a scent had been wafted under his very nose but now he could not place it, but he wished its scent again.

He had been even robbed on his companion!

The royal eyes followed the pair and then landed on George just in time to see some chit of a girl veritably jump upon the duke.

Rowley plucked a drink from the nearest tray and put it back.

"Do not be shy of the fine drink, ladies, recall the Misrules. There shall be spanking for one and all caught being shy," he said in a singsong voice.

Spying Denbigh's little group now speaking to a fetching pair of brunettes and a blond, Rowley went to help keep them company.

Bucky's' Group

Success tasted...like inexperience and liquor...but it was no less sweet. She wrapped her arms around his neck and that made them press quite close.

He kissed her back with a patience he did not have, but there was a piece of him that wished this girl to find his kiss the best of all. There was an unabashed experience to it as he reached a hand down to pull her tighter against him.

Then, with all bravado, he took her right off the ground for a moment, all too easy with her arms around his very tall neck. When he thought the need for her breath was palpable, he broke away, smiled at her, and put her back down on her feet. He could only imagine how she felt with a corset on.

"Now you must allow you adventures to carry on! There are new instructions on places to kiss, and you must have a drink in your hand or risk a thorough spanking." With that he gave her a pert smack on the bum and last moment advice, "That gentleman is Lord Camberwell speaking to Ashburnham, both are well-placed, handsome, and excellent kissers."

Oh and how the duke truly wished that Nicolette caught Bridget without a drink too!

He sauntered off in the direction of a different relation. One of his duchesses

Caroline was still taken by surprise that her best friend, Nicci, had not availed herself of the King's bare shoulder. But she had faith in her fellow French woman that certainly she must have some clever scheme afoot to not take advantage of what Caroline thought to be a golden opportunity.

She engaged in a quick bit of banter with Audley, he was always so delightful to talk with. She liked to think they understood each other in most things. Then she announced in a loud voice to all within range to begin to descend upon the banquet of food she had paid...overpaid mayhaps...her French chef to make. Audley approved.

But she could not leave the King standing there, shoulder bared and ignored! What was wrong with these women? Obviously he had been hoping for Nicci to respond. Caroline stepped forward once more under the king's gaze, she was shorter than he.

"I cannot resist, Sir Rowley, the sight of a bare male shoulder, especially such a fine one."

She then kissed him on it ending with just the slightest teasing nip of his skin.

"Oh my, pardon my boldness. Mayhaps because I am famished. Please.....everyone....accompany me to the tables, eat up!" she smiled.

Nicolete's games continue

"That is a question that you already know the answer." Nicolette claimed with glint in her eye before she left the King and his group...

Ranelagh, fun loving Ranelagh, was ever ready to assist a pretty with a dink and Nicolette was no exception.

Nicolette paused herself at the table, she pouted prettily as she wondered which one to pick, "Do you know what this reminds me of... Lord Worchester’s regiments. An army of bottles of every shape and size, all stood to attention ready for battle."

In fact the girl had never seen the Marquis' men, but did know that Richard had.

Rowley & Caroline

Before Rowley could make it to the other group, a pair of soft lips on his bared shoulder stopped him. They were not the lips he had wanted, but he did always love the attentions of a pretty lady.

He traced her jaw with a finger as she tasted him and then chuckled as she nipped him.

"Ha! Ravenous. So the lady wishes something to bite!" His eyes flickered from Caroline and back to her. Who might he have also been looking at? Caroline would have her back that direction.

Cheekily, he pushed his shirt aside more, baring a manly nipple.

While this was going on his dark eyes were taking in one Ranelagh and one Mademoiselle Vauquelin. He would not dare when he knows my interest... Or did the young Irishman? The king was fairly certain most men could tell his regard, and Bucks was never shy to warn everyone away from his dealings in that regard. Rowley was fairly sure he knew who his Mistress Envy was in reality.

He would not like to have to send jolly Ranelagh away, but he had sent others away for such things, like FitzJames over daring to touch Heather after he claimed her and Richmond eons ago over La Belle.

Charles laughed as Caroline set about soothing his royal namesake's ruffled vanity with her lips. Her boldness was a delight.

Charles raised his glass to drink a mental toast to that and found it deplorably depleted of brandy. Tutting to himself he moved off to rectify the situation, resting his hip against the table and running his eye over the room. He had no particular end in mind, and was merely searching for any potentially diverting mischief out of habit while he waited for the food.

And let us not forget the games.

The King yet again did not take offense to her boldness, in fact he only seemed to be encouraged to go further. A pull on his garment and he revealed a nipple and apparently dared her to repeat her cheeky nip. Caroline wondered now just how far the man would go, not to mention would Nicci later reproach her for all this? Caroline was a realist, she had no long term chance with His Royal Majesty and thus valued her friendship with the other French born girl more.

"Oh as famished as I am now, good sir, I would not trust myself to bite that off and swallow it down. Which would be a shame as it is such an impressive thing too, well along with it's entire manly torso. Mayhaps later - after we eat and we play our game - then I might be willing to have you for a more gentle dessert?" she addressed him with a grin then reached up with two fingers and gave his nipple a quick twist (nothing too forceful, she was not looking to hurt).

People were not responding too well to her earlier invitation to take in all the fine dishes prepared for the partygoers, she needed to take the lead no doubt. With a wave of her hand in the general direction of the banquet tables, she called out again.

"My esteemed guests, worthy gentlemen, elegant ladies....oh and you too, Lord Chatham," she threw him a teasing look for just an instant, "please, let us eat now. Sample it all, gorge yourselves, please! And then - when we have finished, we play the game!"

With that she led as many as would follow straight for the sumptuous feast.

One game was afoot already with Danby's daughter but Caroline offered thoughts of another. Since partaking of the food was a prerequisite, Basildon determined to comply.

"I am famished," Louis announced, though less so for food. Nevertheless, he took his leave of Buckingham, Kingston and Bridget. "Fear not, I shall lead the way," he offered. He paused a moment to see if Bridget would cling to him. If not, he would venture the way to the banquet table alone, filling a plate with various delicacies.

The kissing game was amusing but he was glad to see Caroline take her leave, opening the way for Nicolette to do as she wished. Her cousin would be watching from afar.

To the Table

Rowland knew his cue when he saw it... and sweeping towards the table drew a chair for Caroline, bending to murmur to her hear as he settled her in, "You look utterly rrrrrravishing..." and his hand firmly came down upon the back of the chair next to hers, claiming it.

To the table -- tag Charles

Nicolette refused to let herself look back to what (or who!) the King was currently doing. Hadn't the Duke told her to carry on with the mode of having enviable good fun, to draw the Kings interest in being within her own little cluster of favourites - to goad him thereby. Lord Ranelagh however was being not much fun at all, seemed to falter over a reply (she'd not thought Loyalty to the Monarch might be the cause!)

"Oh pooh Richard." she pouted at his lack of witty reply, and so reached and took up a random (but pretty and all blue) bottle, tucked it under her arm and turned around.

"Master of the Bitches!" the spirited bottle bearer claimed Charles Audley, "We are called to the table forthwith, fear not though, I have brought supplies for our journey."

Would she fare and better with Chatham, did he even now the royal risk flirting with Nicci presented?

Charles and Nicolette

Charles snorted with laughter at Caroline's sally at his expense, offering the hostess a bow that was self-mocking in its overwrought, ponderous dignity.

He straightened, eye twinkling, and was promptly swept up by the Lady of Misrule. Charles acquiesced easily, grinning with delight. Nicolette was fun in a way that few women were, and Charles prized that above her looks.

Though those are exquisite too.

"I do like that title," he confided, offering Nicolette his arm as he drank in her effervescent presence. "You look absolutely enchanting by the way, superfluous though it is to speak of something so obvious." He smiled at the Frenchwoman, then pouted playfully as she revealed her snatched bounty.

"I had been planning on leaving my glass empty for a time," he revealed with a laugh and a roguish waggle of his eyebrows, "but it would be churlish of me to be cross when you come bearing a gift, particularly one so prettily presented."

Charles did not quite understand or even perceive all the currents in play here, and certainly did not understand as much as he thought he did, but it would have made no difference to him if he had. He could not act in any other way and remain himself, regardless of the possible risks.

Charles and Nicolette

Charles Audley, one of her newest friends, was known well enough to her that she had some confidence in sweeping in upon him as she did. She happened to particularly like recklessness in men, and he held that quality in wagon loads!

"Is that because it is a swear word, or because it is of females - or both?" Nicolette returned sliding her arm through his and some, so that her hand came to curl up around his bicep, lashes batting coquettishly. "... just so long as you do not mistake me for one. Although... had you a stick to throw, we could test it, and see if I fetch?" she laughed of the nonsense (this time allowing herself to peek towards the King). Then under her voice she murmured, "Though I should rather fetch a sceptre. La!"

A cliche comment really: for any courtier would like closer relationship with the King!

"Oh I am so pleased you noticed." flirtatiously she hitched her bosom, though those were not the exact topic of Chatham admiration. "I had a beastly time in the dressing room, why for a moment there I thought to the devil with it, I'll just attend in my chemise. I mean really." she rounded her sweet smile upon her gent.

The 'journey' to the table was all too brief however - why already, here they were. Nicolette saw Louis adjacent, looking gorgeous as he was prone to do, yet with a impatient sort of edge to him. She could guess he was hoping for. Pfft, she had too, until she'd decided just to have some fun and not fret it!

And fun seemed on the cards, as Chatham teased with a threat of empty glass. Laugher pealed from her lips as she replied, "Why my hand shall be very pink by the end of the night, if there is an entire hoarded to punish! La! And my cheeks ought to have been pink to say that."

She did not seriously think she'd have to smack bottoms - but then this was her first libertine party. Who knew what sort of things actually happened?! Drawing forth her blue bottle of who knew what, she passed it to Charles. "Perhaps you would perform the honours?"

The Duke's kiss took Bridget's breath away. In order to wrap her arms around his neck, she had to press against him, but he pulled her so close there hardly seemed to be any space between them at all. She had never been so close to a gentleman before and she could feel his hard angles press against her soft curves. A pleasurable heat spread through her body, igniting sensations that she had never felt before.

And then he swept her off the ground and she felt as she were flying, which just added to the excitemnt of the kiss. Not even Lord Basildon't kisses compared to this one. Bridget never wanted it to end, even if she died for lack of breath. Yet Buckingham seemed to know exactly how much she could take and pulled his lips from hers just as stars began to dance in front of her eyes. He smiled at her and lowered her the ground as she inhaled deeply. Her face was flushed and her eyes wide.

She had been so caught up in the Duke's kiss that she had not heard the announcement that everyone would be spanked if they didn't have a drink in their hand. As long as she had Lord Kingston's flask, she was safe, even though only a few drops of brandy remained within it.

Bridget jumped when Buckingham slapped her bum, and her blush deepened when he pointed out other gentlemen who were good kissers. She stepped closer to Lord Basildon when the hostess announced that it was time to eat. Kissing must make one hungry, because she realized that she was ravenous.

Still a bit unsteady after the Duke's kiss, she grabbed Louis' arm and clung to it, following him over to the banquet table. “Will you fill a plate for me too, my lord?” she asked him.

Charles and Nicolette

"Because it is amusing, with an amusing story behind it," Charles replied, grinning as he admired Nicolette's performance. The word 'coquette' could have been invented for her. "And I would never presume myself your master, Lady Misrule. You are a tigress, not a lapdog, and if you ever 'fetch' it will be to please yourself, I think."

His grin widened at Nicolette's flirtatious preening and he let his eye flicker appreciatively over the highlighted features. (It would have been rude to do otherwise, when the lady had gone to the trouble of presenting them.)

"I'd have to have lost both eyes to fail to notice," he told her, entirely honestly, before breaking into laughter at her next sally. "I think I speak on behalf of all the gentlemen here when I say that, while we appreciate the effort you go to, if you would be more comfortable in your chemise you need not feel obliged to dress up on our account." Charles waggled his eyebrows.

Reaching the table, he drew out chairs for them both and laughed along with Nicolette as they japed with one another.

"Delegate," he suggested of the potential glut of punishments, tone light, before shaking his head and wagging a mock-chiding finger. "Bah. Shame is an entirely useless emotion for such as we. Discard it."

Accepting the offered bottle, Charles looked at it quizzically as he worked the cork loose. That done, he held the bottle out to Nicolette's lips.

"Ladies first," he purred.