JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To the Tower with Her?

Blackguard

To the Tower with Her?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Davina be Sent to the Tower for not immediately bringing to the attention of the Queen's Mistress of the Robe a plot to poison the Queen or her babe?

• Absolutely. The fact that Catholics were behind it and the deceased former Catholic Queen was poisoned leave no doubt that she needed to warn her mistress immediately.
    • No, she was just foolish in her reasons for delay. She volunteered the information to Buckingham and it should be as a last resort to send a lady to the Tower
    • It is a close call, but I would send her there for a short time to send a message. Maybe the plotters will try and help her and reveal themselves.
    • It is a close call, but don't send her. It could ruin her reputation.

Davina was contacted by a clandestine Catholic group.  They encouraged her to give an abortive to the Queen to prevent a Protestant heir.  She tried to have the agent followed, to no avail.  Some days later, she found a mysterious brown bottle in her room, the meaning clear.  At length, she decided against telling her former Life Guard lover, or the the Queen's Mistress of the Robe, choosing to reach out to Francis Kirke instead, a man she did not know well.  He in turn referred her to Buckingham.

There was no malicious intent or so I believe and after all one has to think about the times ahead ..... to ruin her so absolute that she is beyond repair and thus doomed to a Life of solitude and sadness seems far too harsh. ANY prospects she might have now or would have had are gone and just who would then align themselves to that Family I have no clue. Her Reputation is her livelihood and to drag her down for what was clear a bad miscalculation of the situation and to then be Tower bound I can not see what purpose it sends. Obviously there must be some 'punishment' for her not thinking it all thru clearly and what that means so perhaps a stint away from Court in the country? They have a Country Seat so I am told and tis far enough away for quiet reflections and self blame. Then say in six months or so she may be brought back. Wiser and tamed of that independent thought that caused all the troubles. (that is to be hoped)

This is not to say that those who would plot such a thing needs must not be allowed to escape - and Lord Mountjoy has struck a good point - send young Langdon out to muster his men in secret and rout out all the Evil!

On the other hand, who would not have reported immediately to one's supervisor when the first approach was made?  No one doubts the loyalty and ability of Lady Blount, except for Mistress Wellsley it seems.  Why should she doubt the Mistress of Robes unless she thought her part of the plot?  Why wait for the bottle to arrive?  Why not ask her brother?  Surely this lady cannot be so foolish and ignorant.  One could excuse a milk maid, but not a lady that has been with the Queen for a year.  She is far too schooled to be so stupid.  There may be more to this story.  Perhaps some time in the tower will draw it forth. 

One should note that the Tower was not just a donjon but a prison for the Nobility and political prisoners. I believe at this time there were still Royal Apartments there. If one was favored one could bring  servants and furniture so it could be quite comfortable and more like house arrest.

Also being sent to the tower would not necessarily ruin one’s reputation. Why Buckingham has been sent there many times.  

My Heavens you English are quite ruthless. She is clearly without some proper male influence to Guide her. Her idea to seek out those evil doers is commendable but utterly foolish and SO like a woman to not have thought it out. Yet I can not see how the ruining of her Reputation is the way to go about punishing her for her miscalculations. Better to have her married off quickly to a man strong enough to Teach and Lead and mayhap even away from Court where there would be less influences to cause her to be mislead. She needs Instructions not Jail.

OOC, the one thing that gives me pause about imprisoning a Player Character is that it would remove or severely limit the Players role play opportunities if that is the Players only Character. Considering that a RP day takes a couple weeks in RT even a short stint will take RT months. I would assume the Mods and the Player would discuss the matter and the player is OK with it.

Ooc: I'd remind players that your mods are actually very kindly folks, and always think ahead to provide PCs with options where they can both challenge and excell. 

While not wanting to give anything away: I'd remind people that 1.  this plot is actually a Blackguard plot, so you must realise that some machination needs to be done to hand it back over to him (out of Hope and Defiance modding). 2. We are a fictionalized game, and our society forgives and forgets far quicker than the real life would never have allowed (my own  George and Darlene are examples of this, like seriously Darlene tried to stab somebody repeatedly in the ballroom and nobody's ever mentioned it since) 3. And any challenge that a PC has undoubtably makes their friends want to help, these things are actually unifying. 

So essentially Id like to say calm down, trust your mods, don't panic, enjoy the drama! Its so much more interesting to be neck deep in a plot - these times end up being the very highlights of your characters written life!