JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

General Updates

Defiance

Signatures...If you want to put a picture in your signature, keep it no bigger than 500X250. If people do not want to see (or have their slow PC  load signature pictures), it can be disabled by each individual user. You can choose to see everyone's signature on posts or not. Because that's now an individual option, it removes much of the reason not to let people put something there other than a crest if they wish.

Compendiums - This is literally the absolute last thing I'm going to worry about doing and it'll be gibberish if I try to explain why, so if you have a question for mods, you'll have to do like most boards do for now and PM your mod questions. If you are a mod, just post it in our area and we will answer it for you. If you are not a mod, PM it to me, and I will post it to the mods and get back to you. We aren't going to be really ready to solicit new players until we finish up this season, so I just can't see making this an important issue for me to deal with when I have about 25 other things to do that are more important.

I've been creamed the last 10 days, so I haven't done much updating. I will be doing more in the next few weeks, so don't be surprised to see things pop up, but I am only human and have a limited capacity for editing 88 pages of CSS code and testing the board after every edit. It's very tedious and exhausting when you do not do that professionally and also to do it in a way that won't make the board go wonky every time something software related needs updating. We don't want to be back where we started in a few years!

• 2 months later...

I don't think I'm going to need maintenance mode for any of the stuff I'm working on right now. You may have noticed that we now have a chatbox (it's set to just members right now but will eventually allow guests/potential members), so please post something in it so I know you can see it! You can turn the sound notifications on or off for it. We also have an online list in the sidebar as well as a recently updated topics list. At some point, I'm hoping you will be able to toggle anything in the sidebar on and off so you only have to see what you want to see. 

I'm going to be adding in our "Story"... IC calendar...IC news...etc. Things may move around a bit. The overall footer crap at the bottom of the skin will likely go away and be swapped out to presenting that information in another way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have updated our skin/theme options, so if you go to the absolute bottom of the board by the copyright, you will see the theme selector. Have fun! Not all the themes have the same features (like floating menus that scroll with you) or work with all views. Our boards are best viewed in the grid/card view, which is the middle option underneath our header image on the middle right.

You can upload a signature, always could, but don't make it bigger then 500 wide by 250 tall. If you are an individual who doesn't want to see signatures, you can disable signatures in your view. You can also disable individual signatures. There is a toggle on the bottom left of the signature box on everyone signature. If you need to host a signature image here, Hope has created a thread for that in this forum. Upload by drag and drop or paperclip from your PC or a link, and then right click on the picture to get the image address. Images you upload will forever be under your profile under my attachments ;) 

• 1 year later...

As you may have seen, our boards locked down and demanded that I update the software.  My first attempt was a failure, but my second attempt to update the Invision software succeeded, but we admins may have to figure out how to clean up the boards and the forums.  Hopefully nothing is missing.  Stay tuned.

Yes, the issue is tricky.  Originally the chat box appeared but would not accept any posts.  When I played with it, the chat box disappeared.  I'm not sure hw to fix it, but I will play with it in the coming week.  Defiance might figure out a way to fix it, as well.

I'll reintegrate the chat. The site update is still indexing on the back end. It might just sort itself out. We had issues with a chat that wasn't integrated on the board so anything like that would be a last resort.

Apologies folks.  We have been sidetracked with site issues, real life challenges for several of our moderators, and summer time blues it seems.  While we had hoped to start the new season soon, we are still many weeks away.  We are contemplating having players send in game correspondence or using the crystal ball OOC forum to post amusing OOC fiction.

So, please bear with us as the weeks roll by.  We will get things rolling again.  There is no doubt about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had to update several of our forum modifications (apps and plug-ins) like change post author and linked accounts, so if you see any template errors (usually an official message over the area of the page where the functionality would be) please let me know. Many of these can be avoided if you get hit with them by switching to the default invision theme at the bottom. A few of our personalized themes are no longer supported by the overall forum updates by Invision, so I've had to delete them. There are still a ton of themes available from the drop down menu on the bottom of the forum to suit your mood, although some may have some hard to read areas due to the updates, especially on mobile. If they do and you don't like that, pick a different theme ;) The London Map theme is pretty trustworthy!

• 4 weeks later...

Large threads like a ball or the opening reception can get bogged down in a number of ways:

1)  You are awaiting the person that is to speak next. 

After a week feel free to nudge that PC with a PM reminder

2) Smaller groups, like two characters can speak more quickly because it is just two players, and their postings, as a result, can dominate a thread. 

If two characters are posting in rapid fashion and it looks like there will be more than just a few posts back and forth, create a side thread in the same forum.  This allows the two to hyperpost with each other without dominating the main thread.

3)  The NPCs are not approaching PCs.

At larger events, we moderators tend to have them passive so that a player can decide who they wish to speak with generally.  However, there are some NPCs that have arrived in Windsor looking to approach  certain PCs to advance certain story lines, but this is not often.  Sometimes, if we sense things are going too slowly in the thread, we will have an NPC appear.  The key is to take the initiative.  Chat with the fellow PCs with which you wish to reunite and then think about which NPCs could advance your PC's story lines and seek them out.  Otherwise, the event will be a missed opportunity and you will need to find another situation to seek out someone.  If there is someone you are looking for in particular, note that in your post or send a PM to the moderator who generally plays that NPC.