JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Sign in to follow this  
Defiance

General Updates

Signatures...If you want to put a picture in your signature, keep it no bigger than 500X250. If people do not want to see (or have their slow PC  load signature pictures), it can be disabled by each individual user. You can choose to see everyone's signature on posts or not. Because that's now an individual option, it removes much of the reason not to let people put something there other than a crest if they wish.

Compendiums - This is literally the absolute last thing I'm going to worry about doing and it'll be gibberish if I try to explain why, so if you have a question for mods, you'll have to do like most boards do for now and PM your mod questions. If you are a mod, just post it in our area and we will answer it for you. If you are not a mod, PM it to me, and I will post it to the mods and get back to you. We aren't going to be really ready to solicit new players until we finish up this season, so I just can't see making this an important issue for me to deal with when I have about 25 other things to do that are more important.

I've been creamed the last 10 days, so I haven't done much updating. I will be doing more in the next few weeks, so don't be surprised to see things pop up, but I am only human and have a limited capacity for editing 88 pages of CSS code and testing the board after every edit. It's very tedious and exhausting when you do not do that professionally and also to do it in a way that won't make the board go wonky every time something software related needs updating. We don't want to be back where we started in a few years!

I'm going to do a few updates and maybe try and add a few features, so if the board goes into maintenance mode don't worry or be surprised! I might not need to do that, though, so we will see.

I don't think I'm going to need maintenance mode for any of the stuff I'm working on right now. You may have noticed that we now have a chatbox (it's set to just members right now but will eventually allow guests/potential members), so please post something in it so I know you can see it! You can turn the sound notifications on or off for it. We also have an online list in the sidebar as well as a recently updated topics list. At some point, I'm hoping you will be able to toggle anything in the sidebar on and off so you only have to see what you want to see. 

I'm going to be adding in our "Story"... IC calendar...IC news...etc. Things may move around a bit. The overall footer crap at the bottom of the skin will likely go away and be swapped out to presenting that information in another way.

Thanks! I can only take a sliver of credit, though. Invision is made way more mobile-friendly than phpBB even without my few modifications ?

On 8/25/2018 at 1:54 PM, Defiance said:

Compendiums - This is literally the absolute last thing I'm going to worry about doing and it'll be gibberish if I try to explain why, so if you have a question for mods, you'll have to do like most boards do for now and PM your mod questions. If you are a mod, just post it in our area and we will answer it for you. If you are not a mod, PM it to me, and I will post it to the mods and get back to you. We aren't going to be really ready to solicit new players until we finish up this season, so I just can't see making this an important issue for me to deal with when I have about 25 other things to do that are more important.

DO NOT TRY TO USE THE COMPENDIUM AREA!!!

PM YOUR QUESTION TO A MOD OR POST DIRECTLY TO THE MOD AREA IF YOU AREA A MOD!!!

Just to bring us up to date, there are no more compendiums at all ;) Ask all your questions in the appropriate ask forum.

Just to bring us SUPER up to date, TinyPic closed so all our tinypic hosted images are poofed. Bear with me while I get us some new images or upload the old ones elsewhere ;)