JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

NEXT SEASON: discuss

Hope

The idea is floated that we set a hard stop on the end of this season (eg Feb 2021), at which time we'd launch the new season following a generous time jump. 

This would be a rolling start ie. threads that are running at that date would allowed to be played through still - but no new April 1678 threads would be created after that date. As soon as your recess posts is given the nod, you'd be starting new threads in the new season.

We would like to get the thoughts from all members on this. 

While here, why not tell us your preference for next season too. (Note we have location posts already made for Windsor & London, any other location would require more time to prepare.) 

Mods  want to hear preferances 

Mine would be:

The way ending the season early affects George is: he has been looking forward to his art exhibition, which is due to be IC Thurdsay. If the season ends on Feb, we wont be up to Thursday yet.  I see two possibliities for dealing with pc plans like that which wont get rpd 

1. A raincheck and rights to have their event or planned thread in the first days of the new season.

or 2. To be given carte blanche to write a post of how that actually all went.

If there is a time jump in RL feb2021, I favour moving into a Windsor Xmas setting.  Windsor is fun, and with everyone staying in the castle the smaller loation might suit our currently smaller numbers too.  

(and perhaps George could have his exhibition in the nights of garter hall?) 

My initial thought was that a RL Feb 2020 would not give much time to complete the season as in normal times posting on RP boards tend to slow down during the Holidays as RL get-togethers take precedence.   Unfortunately 2020 has not been normal times so I do not know if that will be the case this Holiday season. The only major issue I see is that if the War is to be a central plot the political ramifications would need to be RP’d before the close or it would need to be put on the back burner until the next RP year.

I fully agree that if a PC’s existing plans are impacted by a “short close” that they should receive some consideration one way or another. I also think the suggestion to move the timeline to Xmas in Windsor would be very tidy.

Other than that if the Mods decide to go short or long I as a PC will be willing to go with the flow.

My preference would be to close on an IC day instead of an OOC month.  Since a lot of characters have plans for the next week, I think a good day to end it would be Saturday IC.  Everyone gets to play out their threads and the season ends naturally.  As for next season, I would prefer no later than September 1678 for no reason other than I'd like to play out more of Sophia's pregnancy.😊