JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

One Night in Camelot

Guest John Bramston

A sweet little thrill meandered down her spine when he nibbled on her earlobe. “Soon sounds so far away,” she whispered. How long would the moot last? An hour? All morning? Eleanora would stand beside him as long as he needed her and if it continued throughout the day, she would fetch food for both of them. Or maybe the servants would serve their lord. If they didn't bring anything for her, she could go to one of the tables and serve herself. No one would protest now that she had been made Johan's concubine. Or so she hoped.

She smiled as he took her hand and sat back down. Watching Ormod trying to restore order was rather entertaining and from her elevated position, she could actually see the tops of people's heads. She was so petite that she was usually looking up at everyone, unless they curtsied to her. No one would curtsy to her here until she became Johan's wife. And while becoming his wife was what she desired with all her heart, she would be happy with the honors he had just given her. She was not without status of her own, though nobody knew it but the two of them.

Regardless of her position here, she would inherit her grandfather's kingdom. When he was dead, they would have to move quickly or one of his ambitious nobles would probably try to claim it. She knew that Johan would help her keep it, and she hoped she could count on the help of his warriors to quell any uprisings. Not that she thought there would be any. Under her rule, her people would no longer be oppressed or forced to give all the fruits of their labors to their lords. They would all be treated fairly.

Whether or not her children were legitimate, she would name their eldest son her heir. He might have to fight for his throne as well, but she and Johan would make sure he was taught everything he needed to know to rule wisely and well.

Finally, the majority settled down and Eleanora took note of those who were still grumbling. They were the ones she needed to win over. She kept her expression neutral when Ormod said they would be watching her. It wouldn't be wise to show fear or to look too confident. Her only reaction was to smile back at Johan and squeeze his hand. Everything would be all right now.

The rest of the meeting passed uneventfully. She listened to the matters brought before Johan and his responses. That some of her grandfather's men would be accompanying the royal inspectors was a bit worrying, but they could discuss how best to handle that later today. Eleanora wouldn't be able to hide from them now that the tribe had accepted her. Her absence would be conspicuous considering that the missing princess was also short, blonde, pretty, and the same age.

When the horn blew and everyone began to leave, Eleanora grinned at Johan and sat down on his lap when he patted it, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him passionately. She had become accustomed to being stared at and she didn't care who was watching. “I love you, my dear Johan,” she whispered against his lips. “And now I am officially yours. Are you free now to spend the rest of the day with me?”

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“I’ll be worth the wait,” Johan promised, whispering in her ear. He gently ran his hand along her ear and looked at her with a lusty smile. Eleanora fit the role of a ruler’s wife well. That was unsurprising. That had always been her destiny in life. Her fortune had delivered her to it, and she had the good fortune of finding a lord who loved her too.

Johan intended to unite their patrimonies. The part Eleanora might not expect is he intended to encourage intermarriage of Saxons and her native people. That was simply part of his people’s customs. Saxons never killed the natives when they took over. They preferred to intermarry with them and encourage them to adopt Saxon cultural practices. Johan was culturally blind to how this assimilation might not be welcomed.

Still, invaders often killed the natives or stole their land and left them destitute. But for Eleanora’s kingdom, those nobles that were not evil or complicit in her grandfather’s evil would find a welcoming place at Johan’s court. They simply needed to learn his language and adopt some of his customs. Perhaps a new marriage, but Saxon spouses were not such a curse. And the peasants would find themselves with new rights and responsibilities.

But all that was for the future. If they were very fortunate, everything would go smoothly. But when they were in her grandfather’s kingdom, Eleanora would have to take the lead. Even as young and naïve as she was, she would know better than Johan, the foreign invader, did.

But there was one thing Johan knew intimately, and that was her. Johan’s arms wrapped around her. He pulled her tight and one of his hands wandered south, squeezing her bum. His kissed her back just as passionately, leaning into her. “I love you too, my lioness.” He whispered back. In truth, normally Johan would see to governmental affairs… but he simply smiled.

“And I am yours,” Johan said. “I always w-w-was.” He leaned in to kiss her, leaving her in some suspense but enjoy the taste of her lips, the press of her body… He smiled as he pulled away, “For the rest of today and forever.” Normally he’d have other things to do. But Johan felt like celebrating, and there was nothing more joyous than time with his Eleanora.

It was not much of a sacrifice regardless. Normally Johan was a bit of a recluse. Forcing himself to attend regular meetings was necessary to keep things running smoothly. But Eleanora, even if she never set foot in politics formally, was about to ensure Johan was much more available, much more social. Whether she ever realized it, her desire to make her love socially successful would bring great benefits to both Johan and his subjects. Simply throwing parties and getting him out and about would make her liked.

John gently ran his hands through her done up hair, “I d-d-didn’t imagine you could look more beautiful. You are always surprising… delighting me.” He smiled and looked her over, admiring. He leaned into her ear, blowing on it. He kissed her lobe, and the side of her neck, gently nibbling and holding her close.

A few other people noticed but, while this was a bit more amorous than even Saxons would expect, it changed no one’s opinion. Anyone with hopes of staying were shepherded out by those who knew Johan would prefer some privacy. The hall would soon be empty, except for servants. That was as alone as Johan ever got.

Eleanora was counting on his assistance in helping her establish her claim on her kingdom. She had not been taught to rule and believed that her grandfather had only kept her alive so that she could marry the King or Crown Prince of a kingdom he wished to unite with. Once she had borne her husband a son, she would have had no value and could have been easily disposed of, just as her mother had been. This had always been one of her greatest fears.

Now she didn't have to worry about that anymore. Johan would protect her and cherish her. With him, her life had meaning. As for her people intermarrying with his, she would certainly not be against it. She used to be afraid of Saxons, but now she thought that every woman should marry one. As for adopting Saxon ways, she hoped that both cultures would intermingle and adapt to each other, without one overpowering the other.

She grinned when he squeezed her bum, hoping that they were being watched as they kissed each other deeply and lovingly. His people would just have to become accustomed to public displays of affection, for she wanted everyone to know how much she adored him. “Always?” she asked, her eyes narrowing teasingly. “Even when you didn't know me?”

Eleanora had been confined to a castle most of her life. Her social skills were sadly lacking, but she was outgoing by nature and hoped to make many friends. She had been taught how to manage a household, though, and would love the chance to organize parties and other events. Johan would have to kiss his reclusive days good-bye now that she was in his life. She intended to make the most of her new freedom and she would drag him along with her kicking and screaming if she had to.

She didn't mind at all when he mussed her hair and she sighed happily when he blew into her ear and nibbled on her neck. “I hope I will always surprise you.” Eleanora pulled playfully on his robes with her teeth. “And while you always look wonderful to me, today you are absolutely magnificent. And you will look even better when your clothes are scattered on the floor.”

Johan would help her take her kingdom. He would give her soldiers and advice, even in the unlikely case they couldn’t marry. He might even insist she use his guards until he was certain none of the plots at her grandfather’s court threatened her life. But he would need a great deal of help in navigating a foreign culture and government. Eleanora would not be sidelined or set aside. Johan would value her advice and aid.

“Always” He growled back, smiling confidently. “I believe in fate, Eleanora.” He whispered against her lips. He pulled back a moment to get a better look at her eyes, “I w-w-was always going to be yours. And you were always g-g-going to be mine.” He said confidently. He smiled and leaned back into the sweetness of a kiss.

Eleanora wouldn’t have to do too much dragging. A smile and a slight tugging would always be enough to spend time with her.

“You are the very p-p-picture of innocence,” Johan said, a cocky, wry smile on his lips. And the most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen. He smiled down at her nibbling at his clothes. Eleanora was on his lap and he encouraged her to lean her legs towards him. A hand surreptitiously crept under the hem of her dress and began to walk up her leg. It wouldn’t be visible to anyone. Probably. There were still people filtering out.

“And the very soul of t-t-temptation,” His hand crawled up to gently touch between her legs. The angle was somewhat awkward because of how the motion was hidden, but his fingers got good hold. One gently circled around her pearl while the gently pushed into her lips.

“What will you do,” His motions became just a bit more vigorous but his tone played up feigned innocence, “When you have me all… alone, my innocent maiden?”

“Did you feel like there was something missing in your life before you met me?” she asked curiously. “Because that is the way I felt. There was an emptiness in my heart until you came into my life.” Eleanora traced the smile on his lips with one delicate fingertip. “I can't say it was love at first sight. I was afraid of you when you pulled me over to your table, but now I believe that floating goblet led me to you, as if our souls were calling to each other.”

She grinned. “And you are absolutely magnificent. You look like a King. When I walked into this room and saw you, I almost swooned.” She reached up and touched the coronet on his head. “You even have a crown.”

Her breath caught in her throat when she felt his hand move up her bare leg. “Johan! What are you doing? Someone might see!” Yet a few moments later, she no longer cared, for he found her pearl and caressed it. Eleanora moaned when his finger slipped inside her, her entire body suddenly burning with desire.

One hand slid between them and stroked the bulge in his silky robes. “I would rather show you than tell you,” she answered. “Would you like me to show you here or should we retire to your bedchamber?” There would be a certain thrill to making love in a public hall, but it would have to be quick and perhaps he would rather take it more slowly after their fevered coupling in the garden.

“Hmm,” Johan considered her question. It was not a question of what his response would be but conveying complex, knotted emotions. “Maybe missing. But m-m-more… like there was a wound. Or a l-l-limp, maybe. I c-c-could grow accustomed to it, but it was always there.” Johan’s voice was creeping into vulnerability, deep emotion, and even sadness.

He held her tightly, “You f-f-fill my heart with love, but the sensation is more… one of healing. I f-f-feel like so much of my happiness was taken f-f-from me in my youth and you’ve restored it all and m-m-more.” He smiled, looking at her with a deep an abiding love. And kissing her fingers softly as they traced his lips.

“No,” Johan said of their first meeting. “It wasn’t. But soon enough we learned. There was something… f-f-fateful about it. How you attracted me innocently, how I t-t-tried to protect you from… your m-m-magic even though we’d just met…” It had all come together… well, like it was destiny in Johan’s view.

Johan smiled as she praised him, “You think it suits me?” Johan normally preferred simpler modes of dress. He felt the grandest stares of fashion and ceremony rested poorly on a broken body. But if it made Eleanora swoon… He leaned over so she could touch the coronet more easily, “There’s one f-f-for my wife too. It was my m-m-mothers and grandmothers. It w-w-will be yours, one day.” Perhaps they would see it when Johan returned his coronet.

Johan just smiled at her surprise. His smile widened at her moans. He let out an exhale as she reached to his pants, “The bedchamber,” Johan confirmed. But he enjoyed her moans, her catching breath. His fingers gently worked themselves against her. He’d intended to make her needy, to introduce something illicit, but not to take her in public.

There was an exit nearby. It went through some of the backrooms of the hall and let out near their quarters. Johan gestured to it with a nod of his head, but Eleanora was on his lap right now.

Eleanora turned toward him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her bosom against him as he explained what he had felt before she had come into his life. Her grandfather had beaten and abused her, but he had gone through something much worse at the hands of the fae who had enslaved him. She could not even fathom what that must have been like, but she was overjoyed to have healed him with her love.

“And you restored my hope. You were kind to me and it could not have been chance that led me to such a charming man with magic of his own. Anyone else would have condemned me for it, but you understood and offered to help me learn to control it.”

Leaning forward, she kissed him lightly. “I was in love with you before we left the banquet. It wasn't hard at all to leave behind everything I had ever known, because I felt that my life was just beginning and that I belonged with you forever.”

She nodded. “It does, but I prefer you in nothing at all.” Eleanora ran her fingers over his coronet, and then her hand slid lower so that she was stroking his hair. Her eyes lit up when he mentioned that she would wear the coronet that had belonged to his mother and grandmother when she became his wife. “Will I be able to try it on?”

Eleanora would have a crown in her own kingdom too. Her grandfather's was made of gold and studded with precious jewels. It was much too big for her own head and a smaller one would have to be made from it when she became Queen. She would make sure that Johan had one too. He might even become King if her people weren't content to be ruled by a mere girl.

Although she didn't want his to stop his arousing ministrations, she knew that they could continue when they reached his bedchamber, When he nodded toward the exit, she hopped off his lap and took his hand. “Lead on, my love. I can hardly wait to celebrate our victory in our own special way.”

Johan leaned in, enjoying the feeling her against him. He wrapped an arm around her, cradling her tight. He enjoyed the look in her eyes, loving, sympathetic. And above all joyful. He was happy, and proud, that he had given her so much. He hoped he could continue to delight her, to give her joy and his kindness.

He smiled widely as she spoke of how easy it had been, “You were brave.” He said. His hand gently ran along her back, and he returned her light kiss with one of his own. “You g-g-give me so much, Eleanora. I hope you know that. The d-d-decision to take you with me was easy. I’ve n-n-never regretted it or doubted it. Not once, not even when… your g-g-grandfather’s knight raised his sword. I never will.” She’d given him so much. She was his heart, that which pumped life through his veins. That which kept him alive.

Johan smiled as her eyes lit up. His coronet, and hers too, was less fancy than her grandfather’s. But the value of a crown was in its meaning rather than its metals. It would mark her as his wife, and the lady of his tribe. She asked if she could try it on, “If you d-d-don’t tell anyone.” Johan said. If news got out, it would look like Eleanora was angling to be his wife. But it was kept in a secure place under Johan’s control. It’d be easy to have some time alone with it.

Johan smiled as she hopped off his lap, eager to get to the bedchamber. Johan smiled easily. It was a lesson in her preferences.

He stood with a noticeable lope. He squeezed her hand. Through the door was a few further rooms but they were quickly out in the open. It was only a brief distance to where they lived. Through the home’s doors the crush of dogs and a few other pets awaited them. There were also a few servants waiting to strip Johan, holding more comfortable clothes. Johan took those but waved them away.

He took her to the bedroom. More impersonal, but more grandiose too. It was the more ornate room, the one fit for a king. When the large doors closed behind them with a solid thud, he tossed the new clothes to the side.

He let go of her hand but a moment later drew her into a deep, passionate kiss. He pressed against her, need on his lips. He inhaled sharply, treasuring the closeness. “I’ll go f-f-first,” He whispered against her lips. He tugged at the strings of her dress, waiting just for a moment to see her approval. He’d avoided this before because he’d be clumsier than her… in part because he was afraid she wouldn’t enjoy his hands over her body. Now there was no such doubt.

“You give me more than I give you … love, protection, a place to stay, and I know you can teach me how to control my magic and put it to good use. You are everything I have ever needed, everything I have ever wanted. I am so happy now that I am with you.”

Eleanora shuddered in his embrace when he mentioned her grandfather's knight. If her magic had not torn the sword from his hand, Johan might have been killed. “I never want to think of that again. I came so close to losing you. My love for you must have instinctively told me how to use my magic to save you. I still do not know how I did it.”

She grinned. “Of course I won't tell anyone. It will be our secret.” Perhaps trying on the coronet would be tempting fate, but she was absolutely certain that Johan would marry her as soon as her true identity was revealed and her grandfather had been defeated. She suspected that he wanted to be the one who dealt that cruel man a fatal blow, and when he did, she would gladly accept his sword. It was a strange custom, but she lived with the Saxons now and must embrace their ways.

Holding tight to Johan's hand, she followed him through the door, looking around and trying to memorize some of the things they passed so she would be able to get there on her own if she needed to. Eleanora had no sense of direction, though, and it would take her some time and a lot of exploring to find her way around. She hoped that the servants would help her if she asked them. So far, they had seemed accepting of her.

Soon they were back beneath the sky, and when entered his house, she petted some of the dogs that nosed around her and chuckled to herself when he waved away the servants who had come to undress him. She knew that he would rather that job be done by her and she preferred it that way as well. Hopefully, she would be able to dress him and undress him most of the time.

She even planned to sew some clothes for him eventually. At the moment, she needed them more than he did, for she only had the dress she was wearing now and the one that had been given to her when she had first arrived. In the next few days, she would buy some fabric and start working on a new wardrobe. Eleanora was certain that he had servants to make his clothes for him, but unless they volunteered to make hers too, she would do it herself. Sewing was the only useful skill she possessed and she didn't want to be a burden.

Her ardor had cooled a bit, but when the door shut and he pulled her to him and kissed her deeply, it all came flowing back, stronger than it had been in the hall. They were alone now and didn't have to worry about anyone disturbing them. Their passions could run free. Eleanora wasn't sure what he meant by going first until he tugged at her lacings. He had never attempted to undress her before and she smiled encouragingly, ready to help him if he needed assistance.

Johan simply kissed her in reply. If he did more for her than she did for him, he hadn’t noticed. She’d done all she could, given him everything he wanted. He could not ask for more.

Johan still had some hesitance but Eleanora’s warm smile encouraged him on. He was afraid he would make a botch of it, even knowing Eleanora would forgive him. He kissed her passionately, pressing against her lips, inhaling the scent of his beloved.

He was holding the lowest tie and he quickly tugged that one off. Eleanora’s dress loosened slightly around the middle. Then the next highest, and it became a bit looser around her stomach… and another, and another. With each his hands pull the dress loose, running along skin. When he undid her bust he squeezed gently and toyed with her nipples. It was a tad slower than defter hands, he’d drop a tie sometimes. But soon her dress was hanging on her loosely.

His hands continued up her, gently cupping her cheek. They went around to gently undo the pearls around her throat, putting them to the side. They slid down her back and he undid the pearl belt as well. With those out of the way he pressed against her, tugging at the now loose fabric. He looked at her his eyes full of love and pulled away. With one swift motion he tugged down her dress. It fell to the floor with the clattering of its pearl hem.

She stood naked before him and Johan looked at her with all the love and admiration he’d shown the first time he’d seen her. He came forward for a kiss, but this was not destined for her lips. He kissed the necklace her mother gave her. He was reaching around to undo it but when his lips touched it he stopped and took hold of her shoulders instead.

“I d-d-don’t think I can remove that. I don’t think anyone c-c-can but you.” A hand ran gently through her hair and cupped her cheek.

Eleanora leaned into his kiss, savoring the taste of his lips and the enticing sensations that danced through her young body. She could tell that he was a bit nervous, but she would show him that it didn't matter to her if he fumbled at bit while undressing her. She could hardly wait to feel her bare skin against his again. Their victory had intensified her desire for him, and she might have ripped her own clothes off if he had not stepped in. This would be her first time making love to him as his official concubine. She no longer had to worry about being sent away, and that in itself was a heady feeling.

She moaned lustfully as she felt his hands upon her skin as each tie was loosened and she gasped with pleasure when he caressed her aching breasts and teased her nipples, which had already hardened into sensitive little buds. Exquisite spasms burst between her thighs and her entire body trembled rapturously. There was a certain excitement in his slowness that intoxicated her, and Eleanora smiled lovingly while he removed her pearls and belt.

He pressed himself against her and she melted against him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She pouted teasingly when he pulled away but a moment later she grinned as her gown finally fell to the floor. Her small form glowed with pleasure beneath his loving gaze. He stepped toward her and she thought he was going to kiss her, but instead, he kissed the glittering pendant of her mother's necklace. A jolt of unexpected bliss pulsed through her, as if it came from the necklace itself. Perhaps it really did have magical properties of some sort.

“Did you feel that too?” she asked. “Is that why you think you can't remove it?” His hands running through her hair felt wonderful and her chin tingled when he cupped it. Eleanora thought of keeping the necklace on just to see what happened, but she couldn't be certain it wouldn't have a negative effect on Johan and she would not risk his safety until she was sure she could control whatever force it held.

Stepping away from him, she took it off and turned around, giving him a good view of her shapely backside as she carried it back to its box and placed it inside. Returning to Johan, a sultry smile turning up her lips, she pressed herself against him, reveling in the way his silky robes glided against her bare skin. Her arms went around his hips and squeezed his bum, pulling him closer as she ground her hips against him.

“It's my turn now,” she whispered. After kissing him deeply, she pulled back and began removing his clothing piece by piece, her hands boldly caressing each bit of skin she exposed.

Johan enjoyed her reaction to the slowness but he saw that she was increasingly becoming a ball of pent up lust. He would make it worth her wait. He grinned back as she grinned at him in nudity.

“I f-f-felt magic.” Johan said, “Powerful magic.” And at another time he might have focused on that entirely. But Eleanora drew his attention completely. As she stepped away he watched her go. The sway of her generous hips stirred him. He followed it with every tilt. He imagined coming up behind her, bending her over and…

But soon she was back upon him. He readily moved and grinded with her, holding her tight. One hand grabbed that generous backside while they mimed what they would be doing in a moment. And he met her in her deep kiss.

Eleanora’s moves were more faster. And Johan couldn’t help but smile and sometimes gasp as her hands boldly rubbed all over him. There were some parts she rubbed that came to life and hardness at her gentle touch. And her energy was infectious. Soon he was stripped of his regal robes and as nude as her. They were still close to each other, grinding, hip to hip.

He pressed up against her, chest mashing chest, lips pressing lips. He felt a head, a pressing need for her and he could hardly resist it. He quickly reached down, taking hold of his own member and guiding it to her. As soon as he found the entrance, he thrust in with as much eagerness as Eleanora. He inhaled sharply and actually stumbled just a bit from the pleasure. But he pulled her to him, burying his sword in her sheath. They were just steps from the bed. That was good. Johan felt like he might fall from the sheer bliss of it.

And it was there, buried deep inside her, he thought that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. To have children. To become one with each other. The enormity of it struck him and he felt nothing but sheer joy. “I love you,” He gasped out.

So he had felt the pendant's magic too. Eleanora wondered if she should take it with her when he showed her his magical place. If the two sources of magic were not compatible, the results could be disastrous, but if they were, maybe she could find out what the pendant could do. She would ask Johan for his advice when they were ready to go.

Now, though, she could think of nothing but her love and her need for him as he ground against her and returned her kiss. She couldn't get his robes off fast enough, although she tried not to rush. Caressing him so daringly was new to her, and she adored the texture of his skin beneath her hands. When she removed his breeches, she lightly stroked his cock, which was already hard for her. Her inner muscles clenched in anticipation and she smiled saucily when he stood nude before her. Soon their hips were dancing in harmony, a lovely prelude of what was to come.

Her breasts were crushed against his chest and she rubbed them against him while they kissed, enjoying the hot little thrills that shimmered through her body. Eleanora's eyes widened in surprise when she felt his cock brush against her nether lips and she moaned lustily as he plunged into her, filling that aching need within her. Her muscles contracted, trying to pull him in deeper, if such a thing were possible. She could already feel him pushing against her back walls, which was a unique and rapturous sensation that never failed to delight her.

Eleanora swiveled her hips, gasping at the friction the small movement produced. She wasn't able to move much with him buried so deep inside her. Would he pick her up and make love to her standing? Or would he guide her over to the bed? She didn't care as long as they were joined together in love and passion. She could feel that familiar and delectable pressure building inside her again, threatening to burst when he declared his love for her. “I love you too, my dearest Johan. I am yours and you are mind and now we don't have to hide it anymore.”

John gasped, sensitive to her lightest touch. His cock moved as she touched it, growing almost painfully hard in anticipation. When she smiled at him saucily he smiled back, a smirk that said what was to come. The sensation of her bounteous breasts rubbing against him, her entire beautiful body, made him ache with need. Everywhere she touched tingled and warmed.

And then he entered her. It was almost a rush, as if he couldn’t stand to not be in her for a moment. But it brought sweet pleasure as he felt her around him. His face visibly contorted in pleasure simply from the entrance and he felt a weakness in his knees before he recovered. He jerked visibly at even her slightest movements.

But this wasn’t the end. Johan picked her up and moved over to the bed. He placed her generous behind on its edge and gently pushed her down, moving their chests apart but staying inside her. Johan’s feet remained planted on the ground. It gave him more leverage and the ability to try new, stimulating angles.

He moved out, slowly, and then back in again. He gasped as he did so, new sensations exploding. And again, until he’d found just the perfect angle, just the right speed. It was so overwhelming he came down over her, chest pressing against her. One arm wrapped around her to hold her back, the other loosely grabbing her hair as he pressed a kiss of pure passion to her lips. He burned with desire for her.

“Eleanora,” He whispered against her lips, said as a sacred name. The name of love itself. And then he set back to his work, lips pressed to hers, breathing heat and passion and receiving the same in reply.

Eleanora loved the way his cock twitched when she touched it, almost as if it had a mind of its own. It moved inside her as well, little spasms that sent bright little thrills pulsing between her legs. She didn't even notice when he nearly stumbled, caught up in her own mounting pleasure. The expression on his face delighted her, and she knew that she was giving him as much joy as he was giving her

When he picked her up, she entwined her legs around his waist to keep him from slipping out of her. Her arms encircled his neck. He sat her down on the edge of the bed and she reached out to gently caress his cheek before leaning back upon her elbows. She could watch him better this way than if she lay back on the mattress. Eleanora didn't want to take her eyes off of him.

She gasped as he withdrew from her slowly and slid back in again. The sensations his slow movements caused were intense and exciting. To draw him in deeper, she lifted her legs and wrapped them around his waist again, which lifted her bum slightly in the air. He hit her back walls over and over and her lyrical moans danced about the room. With his arm supporting her, she was able to sit up enough so that he could crush his chest against her breasts while he kissed her.

Eleanora didn't just hear her name on his lips; she felt him form it. “Johan.” she replied. “My love.” She devoured his kiss as he continued to thrust within her. The pressure inside her escalated and she writhed beneath him, her breath bursting from her lungs in hot little gasps.

“Oh, Johan!” she whispered, as her desire reached a beautiful crescendo. Waves of extraordinary bliss washed relentlessly over her eager young body. Her climax intensified and her inner muscles contracted around his cock again and again. She deepened their kiss as her pleasure continued to soar, once more whispering his name against his lips.

Johan locked eyes with her when she came up to look at him. Every plan, every worry, every moment of ecstasy passed over his face without filter. He trusted Eleanora to share them all, to let this be a vulnerable moment of passion. And there was passion, and pleasure, playing across his face constantly as they made love.

His arms around her, her lyrical moans joining his less musical sounds of pleasure. She wrapped herself around him, drawing him in deeper and deeper, eagerly returning his kisses. Johan knew she wanted this as much as he did, that she felt the same divine pleasure she gave him.

She writhed and gasped out his name as she milked him. He pushed deep inside her, feeling her warmth and tightness. It sent electricity through his body with every thrust, overwhelming pleasure that made his breath hot and ragged. Soon she spasmed and cried out his name. Before he could even gasp out a reply he loosed himself deep inside her. His seed came fast and hard in pulsing spurts that overwhelmed him. He collapsed onto Eleanora, grabbing her for support and gasping with every little contraction of her muscles, every twitch of his cock.

By the end of it he was breathing heavily, a sheen of sweat on his brow. He looked up at her for a moment, eyes filled with love. He felt so… close to her now, joined with her forever now. His hand ran down from her hair over the side of her face, clumsy and blunt in the afterglow.

He finally regained just a little of his strength. With it, he tugged them both so they were sitting fully on the bed, rolling over with Eleanora. He kissed her once more, the flames of passion alive but sated for just the moment. He seemed like he wanted to say something but his breath was still a bit labored. So he settled for drawing her to his bare chest in a crushingly tight embrace.

Eleanora watched with fascination at the emotions flickering across his face. It was impossible to think anymore and she didn't even try. She let her feelings flow over and around her as she felt his seed spill inside her, which increased the intensity of her own pleasure. He fell upon her, and she pulled him to her tightly, riding the waves of bliss with him as they were joined together in ecstasy. Completely mesmerized by him, she moaned repeatedly as the sensations began to fade.

She met his gaze, love shining in her light blue eyes. It felt as if, with this beautiful coupling, that they had committed themselves to each other, bound together as irrevocably as they would be in marriage. Eleanora didn't care if she had his name. What mattered was that he was devoted to her and she to him, and she knew deep in her heart that nothing could ever tear them apart.

His weight did not crush her. It felt wonderful for him to be lying on top of her, every inch of his body pressed against hers. At length, he pulled her up onto the bed and rolled over so that they were facing each other. She sighed in content as his lips met hers, passionate and sweet and compelling. When he pulled away, she thought he was going to speak, but instead he just hugged her tightly. Eleanora brushed a lock of hair back from his forehead and grinned. “Can it be that I have made you speechless?” she asked, her eyes narrowing playfully.

Johan nodded forcefully. His thoughts were still clouded by her and he wasn’t going to say anything clever for a while. He let out a groan of satisfaction and stretching before settling comfortably on the bed. Throughout it he kept Eleanora close. It looked like he might fall asleep, his half-closed lids only flashing when he caught her eyes. Then they’d lock for a moment and glow with the love they both felt.

But it was the middle of the day and he started to recover. He reached out and gently cupped her cheek. His thumb ran over her cheek and he leaned in for another kiss. “Forever is such a long time,” Rather than a complaint, his tone was joyful. He couldn’t believe he had an eternity with his love. “Forever.” He liked the sound of the word.

“You render me speechless every… day you know. There are no w-w-words to express the depths of my love, its totality. I f-f-find myself just looking at you… and feeling. My entire being caught in your smallest motion, the f-f-faintest expression. You c-c-complete me, you consume me. How c-c-could I ever say that with mere words?” Johan would be pained by it if not for the sure knowledge that she felt the same. And the idea he knew a way they could share a bit more, but that was for the forest.

“I heard it, you know. When you sang to me. I heard it.” Johan smiled and craned in for another kiss.

Johan looked a bit tired. Had their lovemaking exhausted him or had the events of the morning drained his energy? He'd had to make several decisions after his people had accepted her, and that could have been emotionally taxing. When she became Queen, Eleanora would find out for herself. Being a good leader wasn't all fun and games and one had to be perceptive to the needs of one's people and try one's best to please them. He might also be worried about the royal inspector, a concern she shared as well.

When he stretched out, she positioned herself so that she was cradled by his side and draped one long leg on top of him. Her head lay on his shoulder and she snuggled comfortably against him. She was not at all tired, but if he did wish to fall asleep, she would stay beside him, watching his face peaceful in slumber and softly stroking his hair.

Yet he was becoming more alert by the moment and she smiled at him as he cupped her cheek and kissed her. She returned his kiss eagerly, her heart swelling with happiness when she thought of forever with him. “I hope it does not pass too quickly, for I wish to savor every moment with you,” she whispered, softly caressing his cheek.

His words were touching. “You just did,” she laughed, “and you said it so well. I feel the same way. Sometimes it is hard to believe that you are real. You are everything that I ever wanted, everything I ever dreamed of, wrapped up in one irresistibly tempting package. The fates blessed me when they led me to you.”

What had he heard when she sang? Her love for him? Eleanora knew that it must have been apparent in every nuance of her voice, more noticeable when she sang than when she spoke. He kissed her again, and she maneuvered herself fully on top of him, enjoying the feeling of her skin pressed against his. “And you can hear it whenever you wish. You don't even have to ask. You are my muse, my inspiration, and I cannot wait to compose a song that celebrates our love. You can choose to keep it for yourself or to share it with the world, for it will be yours, just as I am yours,”

It was a bit of both. Some of it was the intensity of their lovemaking. Some of it was that Johan existed in a state of constant tension and attentiveness as a ruler. Eleanora relaxed that to predictable effect. It was the most pleasant effect he’d ever known. When she draped herself on him he smiled and nuzzled in against her.

Johan leaned in as she caressed his cheek and kissed her hand. So much time… and yet he wanted more. He liked to imagine they would be together for all eternity, a life of love and joy, never growing tired of every stolen moment.

Johan chuckled too and he smiled happily as she affirmed her love. He’d never grow tired of hearing that. His heart leapt for joy as she called him everything she ever wanted, a joy heightened by insecurities about his disability. “Maybe I am your d-d-dream.” Johan said with a grin, “Maybe I w-w-was plucked from your dreams by the goddess of love and sent to… rescue you to a l-l-life of joy and passion.” There was a legend like that… though it was a man who’d had his perfect woman come forth.

Johan shifted as she climbed on top of him, his arms coming around her waist and his eyes sparkling with delight. He enjoyed the feeling of her pressed against him, gazing at her beauty, feeling every inch of her. Her hair spilled onto him and he reached to gently cradle her head. He loved the idea of being her muse. She was a great singer.

“You are mine and I am yours. We are no l-l-longer separate beings but halves of a whole.” One of Johan’s hands found hers and interwove their fingers. Sometimes he would want Eleanora to sing for others. Sometimes he would want her to sing just for him. The song of love might need to remain private. If it was anything like the song in the forest, he would be so moved they’d end up making love afterward.

There was a long moment where Johan was content to lay there, soaking in the moment. But soon curiosity welled up in him, “How d-d-do men in your culture show love?” Johan asked. He knew how Saxon men did it but he was conscious she was a foreigner. He didn’t mind but he wanted to learn about her culture and make her as comfortable as he could.

If Johan had told her that she had a calming influence on him, Eleanora would have been elated. All she wanted to do was to make him happy in every way possible. He had always seemed so relaxed in her presence that she believed that was his natural state. It would have surprised her to know that he was often tense when he wasn't with her.

She didn't even notice his disabilities anymore. They were simply part of the man she loved and everything about him was endearing to her. If she ever mastered her magic enough to heal him, she would do so if he asked her to, but he was perfect to her just the way he was.

“Maybe you were.” A thoughtful expression passed over her face. “Maybe I dreamed of you many times. My dreams usually fade away before I am fully awake. Perhaps you dreamed of me as well. You did rescue me from a horrifying existence and showed me the meaning of love. Before I met you, I had never experienced any affection at all.”

He embraced her when she crawled on top of him, effectively holding her in place. Her hair cascaded around them like a silky fountain, and she flicked one side of it over her shoulders so that she could gaze down on his beloved face without being shadowed by her thick ringlets. The magical armband had been discarded along with her clothes, and her hair was back to its natural flaxen shade.

“I think we have always been two halves of a whole. It just took us a long time to find each other. Now that we are joined, we can never be torn apart. When I was afraid that your people might send me away, I contemplated running off so that you would not have to leave the life you have built for yourself here. Yet now I know that you would have found me. Our hearts would have called to each other until we were reunited.”

How did men in her kingdom show love? “I do not know,” she confessed. “I was confined to the castle most of the time and had no contact with other nobles. Once when I was a child, I heard noises coming from a closet and when I opened the door, two servants were kissing. Other than that, I don't remember any displays of affection at all.”

Eleanora had seen how Johan normally was briefly when they’d first met. A calculating, wolfish man who thought little of forcing things into the shape he wanted them. But she’d soon gained his sympathy and then his love. Eleanora’s effect had been even greater than relaxing him. If she caught hold of servant or noble gossip she might hear that Johan’s mood was better than it usually was, that he seemed happier.

“When I was in thrall, I d-d-dreamed of an impossibly b-b-beautiful woman. One who was magical, who’d l-l-love me completely and unconditionally. Who’d save and heal me. You are her, in every way.” He’d dreamed then that she’d come and save him, but in a way Eleanora was. His old mistress had left her marks. Eleanora was healing them. “My d-d-dreams have become so much more beautiful these past nights.”

Johan looked up at her, a wide grin gracing his features. It faltered at her next revelation and Johan’s grip on her tightened slightly, “Yes, they would have.” They were bound together. They had been before today. “Eleanora, my home is in your arms. My life is our being t-t-together. My future is our… children. You are my heart: without you I c-c-cannot live.” He hoped Eleanora never dreamed of departing as anything but a bad nightmare, passed in the night by gripping him tightly as she slept in his arms.

Johan gently ran a finger along her exposed ear, “We have so m-m-much time to make up for.” He would do his best to make sure Eleanora always knew she was loved and wanted. “When you d-d-dreamed of escaping there, of f-f-freedom, what did you dream?” He craned up for a brief kiss. He was always eager for more.

Eleanora had thought Johan strange and frightening when they had first met, but that impression had not lasted very long. He had offered to teach her how to control her magic and promised to protect her and take her away with him, giving her the escape she had always longed for. But it was his personality that had charmed her and she had been in love with him by the time she had taken him to her room to collect a few of her things for the journey.

She didn't consider herself impossibly beautiful, but she did have magic and she loved him unconditionally. Perhaps it had been her he had dreamed of. Eleanora had not saved him from his terrible past, but she was trying to heal him with her love, just as he was healing the emotional bruises that her grandfather's abuse had left on her. “I hope your dreams are not as lovely as your reality,” she teased him, kissing him lightly but lovingly.

Eleanora grinned back at him. “I cannot live without you either, but I was willing to sacrifice my happiness for your own. Yet now I know that you would never have been happy without me, and our lives would both be empty without each other. You are my world, Johan, my very reason for living. That first time that we made love I felt as if I was born anew, and I still feel that way whenever I am in your arms.”

Her ear tingled gently when his fingers traced it. “I think we have done a good job of it these last couple of days. And we have our entire future ahead of us. And hopefully many children." Childbirth was dangerous, but it was a risk she was willing to take for him.

She eagerly returned his kiss, and then lay her head upon his shoulder. Eleanora hoped that if her weight became too much for him that he would let her know. She loved lying on top of him like this. “I daydreamed often of leaving the castle where I was imprisoned. Most of the time, a handsome prince came to save me and he killed my grandfather. We united our kingdoms and lived happily ever after.”

She smiled wryly. “As you can tell, I read a lot of books. My handsome prince was vague in appearance, but I knew that he loved me and that it was our destiny to be together.”

Eleanora kissed his shoulder. “Now I know that he was you. Whenever I think of those daydreams now, he has your face and form. I think perhaps he always did, but I could not recognize what I had never known.”

Johan smiled, letting out a small puff at her tease. “Nothing c-c-could ever be lovelier than my reality.” Eleanora was impossibly beautiful to him. Maybe others would find her only attractive but Eleanora shone above all other women in Johan’s estimation. Johan smiled as Eleanora promised to remain with him forever, and his eyes sparkled as she spoke of their love. “You m-m-make me… happy. Joyously happy.” Just a bit of hesitation in his tone implied that was rare.

Johan had sometimes wondered if he ought to have children. He feared he might pass on his curse, wondered if he knew how to be a good father when he remembered little of his. But he wanted to have a family with Eleanora and he knew, whatever happened, she would love them. He would do what he could to make her safe through it, whether through healing magic or his own.

Johan felt Eleanora’s weight on him only as a pleasant pressing of soft skin. He was well muscled and rather strong, the dividends of his love of the outdoors and gardening. Eleanora rose and fell with his easy breaths, resting on a solid foundation. He had one arm around her waist and the other cradling her head. And it was bliss.

Johan grinned when she said she read a lot of books. “You’ve seen my room.” It was practically a library. There was also an actual library. But he nodded at her description, “That w-w-will come soon. I w-w-will slay him and give you the sword. And I w-w-will build a grand monument to for your… p-p-parents so that they may rest properly honored. So they will know their d-d-daughter is loved and safe.”

"And then we w-w-will live happily ever after. They w-w-will write sagas of our love, our deeds." Johan smiled. "But no p-p-poet's words will do justice to your beauty or your heart."

“Good,” Eleanora said. “My dreams are not nearly as beautiful as my reality either. And since we ran away together, I haven't had a single nightmare. They used to plague me almost every night.” Mostly they had been about her mother's drowning and sometimes it had been her own head that had been held beneath the water. She had also dreamed often of her grandfather beating her and refusing to stop until she was lying on the floor in a puddle of blood. Now, though, her dreams were pleasant and sweet, and were often about the two of them playing with the children she hoped they would one day have.

In addition to the perils of childbirth, Eleanora wondered if she would be a good mother. Her own mother had died so young and her governess had not been very affectionate. She didn't even know how to hold a baby. And what if her magic and Johan's were incompatible and their children suffered because of it? Maybe she would not even be able to carry a child to term because of the two magics warring with each other inside her.

No, that couldn't be. He had been able to easily get into her mind and help her control her reckless gift. His magic had not fought with hers, but had enhanced it. She grinned when he reminded her of his study. “I feel more at home there than anywhere else in your castle. There is something calming about being surrounded by books.”

And lying on top of him was even more soothing. Eleanora felt as if she was floating with each rise and fall of his chest. She could easily fall asleep this way, although at the moment she was wide awake. He mentioned again slaying her grandfather and presenting her with his sword. The idea of keeping it still didn't sit well with her, but when the time came, perhaps she would have assimilated so much into the Saxon culture that she would welcome it.

“Oh, thank you!” she exclaimed when he promised to build a monument to her parents. Her father had been buried with honor as the son of a king, but she suspected that her mother's body had been thrown outside the walls for the crows to feast on. “They will be together again, at least in spirit. I think they already know that I am with you. Maybe they were the ones who brought us together.”

She didn't see herself as a hero that bards would write songs about, but Johan fit that image. “No poet could do justice to your kindness and bravery.” A less courageous man would not have rescued a princess and spirited her away, knowing that he might be accused of kidnapping and that her grandfather would want revenge.

A thought popped into her mind, and she slid off of him, retrieved her mother's pendant, and then climbed on top of him again. “Can we take this to your magic place?” she asked him. The crystal pendant cast myriad hues upon his face as she held it out to him.

Johan smiled wide as she spoke. His heart sang with joy at knowing he’d helped cure her nightmares, “If they ever c-c-come and you n-n-need comfort… wake me.” Johan would love to comfort her. He wanted to protect her, to help her confront fears. Like he had on the ship.

Johan would be sure to find some servants who’d had children and a good midwife. And hopefully nine months would be enough time for Eleanora to know a little bit of healing magic. Enough to help herself. Johan would do what his magic could too. But at the end, Johan imagined he was going to have to take instruction on how to hold a baby, how to discipline children, how to teach them. The prospect excited him. He wanted to be the good father he’d never had. And he knew Eleanora would be a loving mother… though perhaps a bit lax on discipline. A flaw he might well share.

“I do too. It’s the one p-p-part of the castle I really feel is mine, rather than handed… down to me.” Johan smiled, “It’s usually very p-p-private, few people have seen it. But when I c-c-came home to you, seeing you there… it was l-l-like you belonged.” He still remembered her tired looks and then thrilled greeting fondly.

If Johan could find her mother’s body, he would rebury her with Eleanora’s father. He’d only called it a monument rather than a mausoleum because he wasn’t certain he could find her mother yet. But he intended to rectify that wrong. She’d spoken of her parents with fondness. It was not their fault they’d failed to protect her. He would honor them for trying. And throw her grandfather’s evil into stark relief.

Johan nodded that they already knew. Maybe they did. Though Johan imagined her parents might have objections to a crippled Saxon. Not that it would have mattered in the end. “When we g-g-go to your kingdom, I’d like to visit their graves with you.” Johan said gingerly. “And lay a wreath.” Johan was appreciative of good parents, never having had them himself. He wanted to show them respect, even if they were on the wrong side of the grave.

Johan let out a small noise of protest as she slid off him, and a sound of satisfaction when she slid back. He looked up at the pendant. He looked at the pendant, the light streaming down causing twinkling rainbows in his eyes. “Yes. There’s m-m-much knowledge hidden there. Maybe you c-c-can learn something about it.”

“We c-c-can slip away so you can try the coronet, then head out there.” Johan said. “The place is very strange. It can be dangerous t-t-too. It’s the domain of…” Johan tensed slightly at even the mention, “my old mistress. Where I w-w-was captured.” Johan had killed her and so earned the epithet the guilty.

“You will probably know.” From now on, they would sleep snuggled together and if she had a nightmare, her tossing and turning would most likely awaken him. Nestled in his embrace, Eleanora believed she would only dream of pleasant things. She knew that he would protect her, even in slumber. There was nothing to fear as long as he was beside her.

In truth, Eleanora hoped she was already pregnant, even know she knew it would be better to wait until her grandfather no longer posed a threat to her. If she had already given birth by the time he came for her, she was sure that he would try to take the child away from her, especially if it was a son. Johan would never let that happen and neither would she. Even if they had to reveal that they had magic, they would do whatever it took to keep their children safe.

However, she thought he would arrive long before then, since some of his men were rumored to be with the royal inspector. He must already suspect where she was, but maybe they would be able to throw him off her trail. Or perhaps it would be better to get the inevitable confrontation over with. It was something she needed to discuss with Johan before the inspector arrived.

“As soon as I walked in, I felt your presence,” she commented about the study. “Everything in it reminded me of you. And I did feel as if I belonged there, as if it was an extension of your personality. I felt so close to you, which is why I decided to stay instead of waiting for you here.”

She sighed sadly when he expressed interest in putting wreaths on her parents' graves. “I can show you where my father is buried, but my mother was executed for magic. I don't know what happened to her body but I don't think she received a proper burial. I doubt we will ever find her final resting place. For all I know, my grandfather cut off her head and put it on a spike.” Eleanora shuddered at that thought, but she knew that had been the fate of some of the enemies he had vanquished. Others had been hung on the walls as a warning to never cross the king.

She wasn't sure if the pendant constantly changed color or if the reflection of light upon it just made it seem that way. Whenever she held it or wore it, it seemed to pulse with different hues, but when she put it away, it looked like a normal crystal. Maybe it was in tune with her in some way. “I hope so. My mother must have given it to me for a reason. Perhaps she knew she was going to die and stored her essence inside it. Maybe it will protect me if I am ever in danger. Or it could have another purpose that neither of us can fathom yet.”

Eleanora was as eager to try on the coronet that would one day be hers as she was to see his place of magic. “I am not afraid. She can't hurt you anymore now that she's dead. Like I said before, I will hold tight to your hand and comfort you if you have any bad memories while you are there.” She set the pendant aside and kissed him passionately and reassuringly. “If she did leave some malicious magic behind, we will fight it together.”

Johan gripped her tightly, meaning to comfort her, when she shuddered. “Our old beliefs say those who aren’t g-g-given the proper funerary rites are … spirited away by angels c-c-called waelcyrae. If they are worthy, they t-t-take them to a p-p-place of merriment and warmth until they are b-b-buried. And if they never are, they b-b-become waelcyrae themselves. They guard their kin below and c-c-comfort the dying and the slain.” He hoped the idea provided some comfort. Her mother could be in a place of joy, watching over her.

He would still try to find what he could of her mother. They would have to decide what to do with her grandfather’s body though.

Johan nodded. He did not recognize the magic, but they would find out. “There’s… a large library f-f-filled with books on magic. And there’re m-m-many creatures with ancient wisdom there. Many of them are not… kind though.” They often extracted prices. But Johan had great power there and might be able to browbeat some of them.

Johan shifted under her, his gaze turning serious. “When we g-g-go there, you must tell no one my name.” Johan said. “And while we are there, if we ever g-g-get separated. If we ever get separated ever, even f-f-far from here… go into the forest and f-f-find a bramble rose. Pluck it. It w-w-will summon me.” Johan was a fae, and he was bound by the rules of fae magic.

Johan paused for a moment then forced a smile when Eleanora said his old mistress couldn’t hurt him anymore. He kissed her, eagerly but still fraught with uncertaintiy. Johan knew she still could, but he had absolute faith that Eleanora would comfort him, ease it where she could. Perhaps bind those wounds some day.

Johan gently shifted and brought her into a long, slow kiss, hot and passionate. He broke it with a grin, “Let’s g-g-go. I want to see what you’ll look like when you’re my wife.”

But she’d need to get off and dress him first.

Eleanora was grateful for his tight embrace. She needed comfort whenever she thought of her mother's untimely demise. At only three years old, she had been too young to understand death at all and had not asked what had become of her mother's body. When she was older, she had been afraid to mention her, for even alluding to her existence had been considered treason. She would not have been executed for it the way the kingdom's other citizens had been, but her grandfather would have beaten her so badly she might not have survived. And so she had wondered where she was in secret, and had spoken to no one about it until today.

The story Johan told her about the waelcyrae was lovely and she hoped that her mother was now one of them, watching over her. But she had not been a Saxon. Did that matter? If she was watching over her, then perhaps she had led her to Johan, knowing that they were meant to be together and that he would take her away and protect her from her grandfather's wrath. “I hope that's where she is.

“There's a library in your magical place?” she asked in surprise. “And magical creatures?” Eleanora had thought that he would be taking her to a forest, and that he had lived under the stars. In many stories she had read, the fae were connected to nature and preferred to reside in forests rather than in houses. She had never considered the existence of creatures with magic and wisdom and the thought of running into hostile beings filled her with both excitement and dread. It was apparently more dangerous there than she had believed.

She would hold tight to Johan's hand for protection as well as to comfort him.

He gave her more instructions. “What shall I call you then? You need to make up a name for yourself. Why can nobody know who you are?” She nodded when he told her how to summon him. “You will have to point out a bramble rose to me. I don't think I have ever seen one before. But we will not be separated. I will stay close beside you.”

Eleanora glanced at him curiously. “Can I summon you even if my grandfather finds a way to kidnap me and take me back to his kingdom? Do bramble roses grow everywhere?”

He didn't seem convinced that his dead mistress couldn't hurt him, but she was. They would have the pendant, and she didn't think that her mother's magic would let them be harmed. If that was indeed what the crystal held.

She leaned into his passionate kiss, returning it with all the love she felt for him. When he pulled away, she pouted playfully, and her eyes lit up when he said he wanted to see what she would look like as his wife. “Well, we can't go like this,” she declared. Reluctantly rolling off of him, she left the bed and fetched the clothes that the servant had brought for him. “Let me dress you, my love.”

Johan was glad to give her comfort. And he hoped he gave her safety too. Not just that he wouldn’t beat her but that she could explore everything forbidden to her. Every secret fear, every burning question, every suppressed lust… he wanted her to express them, to bloom.

“Yes, and a t-t-treasury and a few other things.” It was a forest but it was also a home. Eleanora was right, though, that it was nothing like human built houses. He nodded to magical creatures, “I released m-m-most of those she enslaved. Some chose to remain or weren’t… thinking c-c-creatures like you or I. Others were so evil I thought it was wrong to free them.” It did mean that much of what lurked in the forest was dangerous.

“They c-c-can know who I am. Just not my true name.” Johan explained. “It would g-g-give them power over me. It’s why I c-c-call her my mistress. She never told me her name.”

As for what to call him, Johan smiled, “My love, my heart. D-d-dear. The most amazing man in the world.” He proffered with a teasing smile. It faded just slightly, “They used to c-c-call me the Lord of Brambles. Some c-c-call me the Guilty Lord or the Betrayer… because I killed my mistress. But the short version of the Lord of Brambles, Bram, was the m-m-most common.”

Johan nodded to point out a bramble rose. “It’s a bush. It has rose f-f-flowers blooming on it and sharp brambles and berries when it’s in season.” He would point one out to her when they passed it. There were a few in his gardens. He nodded sharply when she said they wouldn’t be separated. He hoped not, “Still, b-b-bring a sword and wear something you c-c-can move easily in.” Best to be cautious.

Johan thought for a while on her question. “A normal p-p-person couldn’t. Maybe you could.” It wasn’t enough to pluck a rose. There had to be a connection to him already involved. Normally that connection was being in his forest. But perhaps their love would serve too. Maybe… perhaps he would give her a piece of him, forge a connection as deep as their very souls. Then it would definitely work. And… there were other issues it would help with too.

Johan let out a puff as she asked after bramble roses, “They grow everywhere I’ve ever been.” It was not a magical or mystical plant. It was a tad on the uncommon side but nothing remarkable.

Johan chuckled at her pout and smiled at her eagerness. He loved to see how the idea of being his wife filled Eleanora with delight. He stood, pulling her gently into a kiss as she prepared to dress him and otherwise standing still. Eleanora was spoiling him from servants. Not only was she more attentive and caring, but her hands running over him was a pleasure unto itself.

Archived