JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Mystique | post-gifting continuation- Xmas 1677

Defiance

This was entirely different! A lady that did not wish to push on his gallant sensibilities. Most surprising that she would consider his privacy even in his most private places. 

Unlike her younger tutor, the King was no cub and old enough to require a bit more time between bouts, though there most definitely was a twitch. For the time being, her conversation was just as pleasurable and refreshing for him, after a long night of formality, sycophancy, and artifice. 

She spoke of her interests and the simple things that made her days enjoyable and then made both of her pleasures known.

"I shall play for you the next time you come to see me," he replied, turning his body more toward her. "Though your gentle spirit does you credit. Few have gentleness and boldness; it is little wonder you are well-represented." The reputation of Francis the younger held a similar combination of traits, so he was a good match to be her little protector. He paused, exhaling a soft hum of thought, warm thoughts of the woman next to him. She reminded him very much of a lady he had been most fond of his entire life, nay, two of his favourite ladies. And she did not have the sort of artifice of a practiced courtier. "It does not bother me to speak of music with Kingston in attendance. And you are with the king, my dear. If there was something I did not wish heard, I would dismiss him, or anyone. I assure you, they know and see far more intimate things, and I am quite fond of most all the young ones."

Any who observed the King with Ashburnham or Herbert could tell that very well. Even some other young gentlemen outside his household garnered such treatment, like Lord Langdon, whom he had allowed on his secret Swiving Tour. A savvy courtier might notice a very strong trend to the King preferring the offspring of those who had served him or his father in a particular way; even Rochester & the new Dorset fit that description a decade prior, and he still vastly indulged both of them. It was the schemey, politicking, verbose elder and higher peers that were far more trying on the King. A necessary evil in his day. 

"If what completes your day is a message to come to me, then I shall have to keep the 'dear cub' close to me often so that I might send one," he replied, making use of her amended moniker for the boy. "Secrecy, for now, is a privacy one can never get back." And he did not wish to upset his pregnant Queen by any more public actions, though he was not thinking of that overtly in the moment.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I cannot wait.” Her smile was jubilant, his reply was just what she’d wanted!  Perhaps it was a foolishness that had her not ask to those hours ago, and perhaps in the future she’s not refrain. But this was part of the learning of the ways thoughts of the other; learning what was acceptable, desired, or even needed. “What shall you play, oh but don’t tell me, it shall be a surprise, one I shall look forward to.”

What was his musical taste? Would he like the plucked notes style perhaps, where it was the instrument that sung - or strummed tone with a lyrical melody, for the singing of great ballads – or something else in between.  She was more than delighted that she was to one day find out. 

For of course the greatest question in her mind was her hope to see him again.  It had been a great deal of fun, but even Buckingham’s hand within it al did not guarantee anything.  Her confidence that the appeal remained had been growing as the night went on, but this, his promise to play for her, it was practically a tangible thing. 

I am well represented? He must mean the Duke by that, she guessed.  It was a pleasant feeling, so much so that she hoped he did not continue too long at it, for at this rate she’d be blushing like Francis!

But it was good that they spoke of the ‘dear cub’, for he was still very important to her despite the news Francis had given her personally that their relationship could not remain physical.  “I am pleased, for am fond of him also.  I have sometimes wondered about his past life being a an adventurer on the high seas, and feel pleased that he’s been rescued from that. Oh I am sure he was very good at it. But there a some in our lives we’d prefer to see embraced by gentility and consideration, yes.”  

After saying as much she supposed, “This might be how you feel for your young men of court.” Nicci remembered the snowball fight she’d joined with the Kings youths, those adolescents who enjoyed a light of heart due to the King care.  And the elder ones too, with their charming seriousness for themselves.  Those young men were bound to become just as important as they wished – and true gentleman under chivalrous coaching.  To her eyes it was a glorious thing.

Louis had been given an opportunity to temporarily emulate the King in this regard, with the hill boys remaining under his care for a little longer.  She hoped that Trevor and Arthur would also thrive, it had been horrible what they had endured. 

The French girl did blush then - though his tone was anything but a reproof, she understood what his wish for secrecy was a tempering.  She understood and nodded of it, but not wanting to make the matter larger by speaking more on it, moved past to jest, “At this rate I shall need send his boots to the cobbler for new heels, we shall wear them out with messages to and fro!”

It was too soon still, the sence in her head knew that, one night does not make a mistress, and not even a full season dalliance was enough to be remarked upon in Europe.  Somewhere along the track Nicolette had stopped thinking of this being a shorter lived means to an ends.  These men she’d fallen in with were the sorts that she could see an entire future amidst. Nicolette had learned patience. 

“Mmm…. like the toe dipped so slow-ly into the bath water that there is not even a ripple, certainly naught that could upset.”

She spoke of what she thought, and he enjoyed that in this small space where he could be human. Small tastes of things he would never have otherwise. What lady spoke of herbs, music, his privacy, and the gentleman who had gotten her there in his bed! He smiled. And she wished to also continue the letters he found so very diverting!

Her strangely apropos thoughts on her young protector warmed him in a way, for who would anticipate that sort of thing cock in hand! The choice of her words, perhaps. Gentility and consideration.

"Never fear, for I did promise his lady mother that I would keep him firmly rooted on dry land and thus he finds new occupation, wearing down shoes in my service instead of running down ships. He will soon grow to appreciate the most expensive and comforting footwear as I do!" the King laughed. "We shall have to have him fitted for shoes the next time I select new ones!" He laughed even louder for George had told him stories about Francis' reaction to all the tailoring (with full dramatic performance on George's part and a ridiculously high voice).

Charles was not threatened by other men. Not in the way most thought. After all, he used his gentlemen to sample ladies he might like, even to teach them (clearly) and frequently poached ladies from his friends. His confidence in his sexual prowess was (accurately) glorious. As a King, he could not be made to look a fool, and a man openly pursuing a lady he was pursuing (making himself competition) or a man who would openly fuck a lady of his favor made him look foolish or somehow lacking as a ruler, that someone would dare. He sent away and punished those who crossed him in a way that offended his royalty. On the other hand, all the bizarre intimacies of the bedchamber and all the King's carousing did not produce anyone who was shy in any way, so there seemed little odd to the conversation occupying their naked pause. It might seem strange to her that she had written letters to the man with her in his arms whilst fucking a man who was attending them that very moment, though not present, but it was something of a lifelong occurrence to the King. 

"You speak of our snowball fight?" He grinned. "You were quite glorious. I had been watching from the window for some time." He had, in fact, been watching in general for some time. "Yes, they are very eager and some exceedingly bright. The young ones do not want things, not in a beguiling way. Not unless they have been set upon it by family, which many of them have." 

Everything he gave or granted had ripples of consequences and jealousies, ones that reached to the levels of murder and grand conspiracies, and the older he got, the more tired of it he grew. The more he gave a person, the more danger he placed them in. The more he needed a minister, the more others wished his downfall. It was one of the most troublesome bits of being king. 

"Very much so," he agreed to her analogy, though it was not tempering, as she assumed. Instead, she would grow to learn, the King could barely scrape any privacy and those quiet beginnings were always savored for being much simpler, not in care on his part, but in not having the whispers and trouble and people who thought his business was theirs. "Trust when I say you may wish that part could last longer then it ever does. My bed is of paramount concern and nothing remains private or secret very long," he added with a snort of amusement, running a hand down to the small of her back. 

"I am sure they already speak of more than Misrules."

"I have not met his Mama yet..." she pressed a kiss to Charles face.

One would think it quite taboo to speak of another man while laying in the sublime aftermath. It felt a little odd to her still, but doing so had been part of Francis training of her. How often she and Francis had talked of the King while engaged in delights with each other. It was a sort of disconnect to be learned, most strange at first, but eventually seeming less discordant to the hedonism of the moment.  Nicci had found a way to navigate past inner conflict that had at first existed, to seeing such discussion as further means to marvel fo the one she was with.  To her, Charles discussing her sensual tutor, boosted her admiration of him in that reality was not shied away from.  Methods were accepted. It was like a fine dining experience while knowing the chefs part in the kitchen. 

Nicci had even attempted that same sort of discussion while in the throws with Louis once, though Louis had been far less amenable to listening to her praise of Francis.  

He recognised her reference to the Snowball fight. Nicolette grinned, so he did know who Envy was.   She had thought so, but it was never wise to assume. 

"Young Arthur Somerset is my favorite - though isnt Herbert matured well now he is at University." she spoke warmly of this pair, then laughed of the memory of the Stanley boy's sprint, "Oh but Sir James was so speedy on his feet, it was marvellous.  He was heroic right up until the moment he crashed into you!" she continued to giggle of the memory. 

"It would be very hard to refuse such a youth's earnest petition." She then mused the dilemma that his kindness brought down upon the King. She could understand those parents wanting to 'cash in', really it was the way of the world, but still. Briefly she wondered if Worchester’s had ever called a favour via their sons too.  If they had, it would have been strategically chosen, she imagined, and likely was best for the entire nation (not mere pockets.)

"We have our own charges at the moment, the Hill boys. My cousin is discovering his fatherly streak, previously he kept that side well hidden." Louis did tend to come off as too self centred to care about the next generation,  she supposed a little positive press to His Majesty would certainly not harm her cousin*

She did not want to upset the Queen, all knew that a quiet mind and little exposure to excitement was the very best thing for a woman who is in that condition. Nicolette had even warded Anne Elizabeth (a lady prone to inventing bawdy poem on the spot! away from the queen lest it quicken her heartbeat.  The King's thought upon secrecy stuck her as considerate.  The subsequent comments uttered seemed additional benefits.  

Nicci nodded, thinking those thoughts through.  "Upon this you surely know best, it shall not be spoken from my lips." her flush ebbed away, content returning, "Besides it would suit me poorly to brag, even if you have certainly heard me crow." she grinned shifting her hand up across his abdomen before wandering down to its warm position again.

* While in truth she had guessed that Louis was scheming on a way to turn the lads to his advantage, less said on that the better.  Nicolette was intent on trying to train her cousin to display more of the angel on his right shoulder.  Visible goodness was not a weakness in her estimation.   It would be a long term project however, for the devil on Louis left greatly amused his sense of humour. 

Edited by Nicolette Vauquelin

"Young Lord Herbert is very much like his grandfather, who taught me how to take apart clocks and such things when I was but a boy," Charles told her. "He was a great inventor of mechanical things and much missed. Little Herbert is the youngest member of the Royal Society and well-deserved. The fireworks display at Brighton was thanks to Worcester's boys," he added, chuckling at both the idiocy and the innovation. "Poor boy stood in my Presence Chamber for days to apologize, and I do not think the boy sat for a week." He snorted, "Lessons we must all learn to turn into men."

"And the Stanley boys are close to the Herbert boys from my understanding. Their families are old and have very old allegiances. Young Lord Derby is responsible for the entire Isle of Mann and much of the coastal north nearby. You know they were Kings of that Island once upon a time and kingmakers in their own right scant generations ago?" There were few families that had interesting stories that he had to learn as a boy to understand the structure of those he would rule, but the Stanley history had always been quite fascinating to him. 

Talking of Basildon did not have quite the same effect as mentioning the tutoring of his gentleman, but then the greater issues surrounding Basildon were different. Though perhaps not intentional, Basildon's actions had resulted in him needing to send Jamie away, and the boy could not be trusted to ever come back, and if he did not have a child with the Queen that survived, it would not be long before the Mob clamoured for him to send James away too.

Instead, he merely said, "They have had a true taste of the worst of intrigues. Their grandfather should be able to return from his diplomacy soon, and when court breaks in a few days, I will keep Norfolk & Ibracken in my entourage so that the boys will be close when we discover news of their father. The duke is their godfather and guardian and instead of sending them back to school with their tutors, Norfolk will see to their safety close to me." Charles had little idea that Nicci thought they would be with Basildon for very long. They had remained with Basildon because they did not wish to move again before they would have to move at the end of the season in a few days. Her cousin would need to forge bonds with the boys quickly if he wished to keep their confidences once they returned to their usual situation.

Talk faded away as her hand moved down again, sufficient time past, he was eager not to talk of Basildon. His lips moved from her jaw and down to her breasts.

"You know how to take apart clocks.” Nicolette was surprised.  While it was well known that clockwork, the clocks and the toys, were a delight of Kings here and abroad, a King who knew of the workings was an unexpected thing.  “Your education is so varied.”  It stretched her own mind to appreciate that.   

Cheerfully he told her about the incident of the fireworks; she had personal knowledge of that.  “Oh do you mean that the disaster had a portentous result?  It was that which settled his readiness for higher learning?  Yes I remember that Herbert was not able to go out for just ages afterward,  I’d not realised that it was because he was attending to his formal apology.  Arthur and I had to adventure to the Teashop in town by ourselves.”  

That had been the same outing where Arthur had dared to put a pair of breeches (for her, red and satin!) on his families account.  Not till now did she realise quite how much of a risk he’d thus took, his family was not lax in correcting their boys. 

“Not you though, surely…” she murmured, discovering an apt moment to slid hand to pinch his rump, “Your derriere can not ever been tanned.”  

She was already regretting mention of the Hill boys, that topic was too serious when they laid here in a sort of honeyed moon.  Which was not to say that she did not attend to his reply, she needed to ask Louis more about this.  She’d mistakenly thought that their father was safe and well, but apparently he was not.  “I did not realise…” she said softly, “then the woods is not past yet.”

She felt concern for them, though there seemed little she could do.  That sadly troubling subject was left behind as they returned to the present.  “And I shall crow again…” pushing herself up she arched breast into his lips as she found her place in a straddle, torso shifting within his grasp, moving, eager to rejoin. 

"Yes, many things in fact. The seemingly useless skill gave me something to do in my travels when there were few extravagant diversions." And they always had working clocks..."I shall show you my closet sometime, it is full of such things and novelties and inventions, not mine." And many clocks and various things he had fixed or taken apart. 

The King admired genius. True, he had been too lazy in many ways to apply himself, but he placed great value on scientists and innovators and those with sharp intellect. If one had any of those with wit and presence, one had a potential future catching the interest of Charles II. 

He chuckled, "Mostly true! A close companion of ours was almost always used instead, but that does not mean never. My father whacked me on the head with his walking stick in chapel at Oxford quite famously in front of the entire court.* Lord Holland had enough of Buckingham once and Bucks pitched such a fit in the application that the entire household heard them bellowing at each other."

"And you?" he replied, grabbed a handful of hers and giving it a squeeze.

As talk moved went to and then moved passed kidnapped boys and Basildon, the amorousness swiftly returned. What filled the room for some time was not intimate conversation but a lively swiving. It could seem like magic that the fire never seemed to die down. Francis as well as the two grooms were getting an earful even with the door closed  but for a crack. 

(OOC - *Also true ;) The story about Bucks & Holland is made up, but Holland was the only peer other than Old Newcastle that Bucks gave the time of day as a kid or youth.)

Who knew that Kings had closets with caches of favourite things inside?  It was yet another very relatable thing about him.  "Ooh yes please.  And perhaps I shall show you my closet one day too - I have begun collecting curiosities."  but she halted herself before telling him about the shrunken head!  "Have the Somerset boys seen your collection? I am certain they would like to see it too."  Such was her affection for Charles and Arthur that she'd love to share such a viewing with them, and in fact, knowing their interest would prefer to share it with their marvel.   

"Well they do say spare the rod and spoil the child." Nicci nearly completed when she gave a squeal of surprise at his squeeze. "But I was completely spoiled can you see!" she laughed.  "Ah, but I was a child that burst into tears at a scolding let alone a smack." Nicci confessed, while not sure if that was a failing or not. Was it a weakness of character perhaps? Who knew.  

"Mmm... do that again." she wriggled toosh into his hand... and talk dissolved into gusty hedonistic pleasures.   

The second round was more daring.  Having gained a feel for him, there was nervousness was gone and she coaxed him to her needs with mews, nudges, whispers and later on full blown cries.  Pinned beautifully this way and then that she crossed the finish line once then twice in successtion, discovering him still able disengaged to mount an alternative – heading for a triathlon.  By then her gasping breath was ragged as he pounded past her mark.  Surely he was done now?  Twisting about, gasping for breath she checked, more than prepared to go for another.  Nicci was utterly oblivious to any one who might be listening, having far too fine a time with the fucking to care about anything! 

• 3 weeks later...

"The day of the snowball fight I brought them inside to see," he reminded her. "But I think it an experience they would both sacrifice limbs to repeat." 

The King chuckled warmly and soon the conversation transitioned back to cries of lust and pleasure. At first meeting, it seemed they would grow to be quite a pairing with promise. 

His Majesty might have had stamina for another had it not been so dreadfully long of a night (being given gift after gift). Instead he reached next to the bed and handed her a chalice of wine. Then took one for himself.

How did that get there?

One might think there would be something strange in listening to the cacophony of pleasure taking place in the adjacent room, but it was so frequent a sound, it was almost possible to tune it out. At least, it was not so surprising to anyone in the King's household!

For Kingston, he mentally cheered. It sounded very successful and that was the whole point. He refrained from thinking about whether she sounded more of less pleased than her joinings with him, for such a thing was silly. Francis was well aware that the King's cock was far larger than his in all ways, and while he had no doubts of his own prowess, he felt it just a matter of course that his monarch was a far better (and more experienced) lay. 

When he thought they must surely  be done soon, he made sure there were libations within reach and robes if they got out of bed. To him it was no different than directing pages to light candlesticks.

Perhaps slightly more amusing. 

With this and that the months ahead found little pins of potential interactions, to play a guitar, to view a cabinet, to read a letter.  These were important indicators, quite aside from the fun they presented, they were telling of his feeling towards her.  How could she feel anything but jubilant, and in her celebration she showed no restraint! 

... though in a moment of shifting about she glimpsed Francis fair locks as he placed something down nearby.  For moment she was confused by that,  Francis she had loved, indeed loved him still, but Francis now seeing her here in the throws with another.  But then it had been him who'd delivered her here.  Francis was present, had always been present, and perhaps always would.  Her eyes sought to meet his briefly, and eyes to flare, for they shared in this success!

But yes it had been a long night (long for her too with the waiting and anticipation) - sinking back into the covers and pillows she gratefully accepted a drink - and gulped of the refreshment. Thirsty work!   Looking to the King she grinned; He was thirsty too and she found that delightful and begun laughing. "See how you are!" she shifted about to pepper kisses on his face, wanting nothing more than to cradle him at that moment.  "All together magnificent and precious."  

His Majesty was quite pleased with the end of his evening and these new beginnings. Nicci was exuberant, and Charles needed such positive energies around him. Her newness to the act was much muted by the tutelage of Kingston and Buckingham, but there were yet a few tricks to learn. Not even Mistress Envy could garner that knowledge in fortnights!

Sated and spent, there was some drinking and chuckling, but the evening winded down mostly because it was early morning. Kingston would sneak her out the backstairs in a few hours and see her home before rejoining him for chapel. No doubt he would see her again soon.

(OOC - shall we fade out here? 😄 )