JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Warm Woolens & Wishes | 28th 11ish- Xmas 1677

Hope

"Well none of us like to be reminded of that." Margret said of that and fell to a hush. Theirs had been one of the ore fortunate ones, but turbulent and distressing none the less. Some weathered turbulence better than others, Margret fell into the later category, as did her son in fact.

For all his lofty viewpoint, there was love in Beverlys tone still, and Margret did realise truth in his advice too. It was jsut that. Well, she doted on her boys. Beverly with his unique perspective, might make a wise father one day, though the balance between ingulging a loved one and teaching dicipline is difficult for a very diffiicult one indeed.

"Very." she nodded of the price, "but nothing is too good for my son, and we all know how drafty these old buildings can be. Merino wool is expecially warm." she was pleased to relay this last. He'd always had a tendancy to catch a winter sniffle, and this might help against that.

"Dudley is a good man." she expressed with a smile of relief, to know that he was looked over by the dependable man, was reasurance indeed. "And soon enough, you shall be home again." was her hope.

The important topics were much settled, for now, but she had no desire to leave yet. "Sweetheart, would you read a little to your Mama? The news perhaps, or one of your journals even, I just find the sound of your voice so very comforting. And...I've missed it so. Oh, unless you have to rush off to a duty?" she looked at him then, her expression vulnerable in hoping he'd not need to leave yet either.

OOC: I'm wondering if it might be an apt time to fade out on the scene?

His mother wanting him to read brought a silly smile to his face. Perhaps he had missed it a bit too. Maybe he even missed her playing with his hair while he stretched his legs out in the grass next to her chair.

In fact, he rather did miss it. Private comforts one never quite grew too old for.

"If you wish. I do not have anything but an afternoon appointment with a Lord Maldon here."

Standing up he went to retrieve something to read. He thought he might have something laying about that he had brought with from Battersea. Had he grabbed any Shakespeare? He did not think his mother would enjoy military histories.

Finding something suitable, he spent some time reading to his mother until it was time for her to depart.

(Works for me Thanks for the lovely thread!)

There was a sparkle in her eyes as he assented -- At the time Margret was being far too self indulgent of her love for her son, to think to quiz of who this Lord Maldon was? They settled in to that well-worn and comfortable routine, where she'd toy with his hair idly as his voice took her to foreign places, sights and adventures she'd never otherwise hope to see...

It was a slice of heaven at Whitehall.

~ Fin

Archived