JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Will Wedding Bells Ring for Langdon?

Will Wedding Bells Ring for Langdon?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Charles Whitehurst is thinking about his future more seriously on advice from our Merry Monarch, and has a number of women in his life. What should Lightning Langdon do?

• Marry Catherine Sedley - They've had plenty of fun in bed, she's already bourne him a child and she's her father's only heir. Plus Daddy will likely lampoon him mercilessly forever if he doesn't.
    • Marry Fiona MacBain - She's also enjoyed Langdon's bed and is a Viscountess in her own right. Plus Douglas might kill him if he doesn't.
    • Marry Susan Herbert - The only recent interest who hasn't been in Langdon's bed, she seems sweet and quite innocently enamoured of Langdon, if he can handle the in-laws.
    • Marry Lieutenant Samantha 'Sam' Gillis - He couldn't ask for anyone more loyal and she'll always have his back in a fight. There's a minor issue that almost everyone thinks she's a man, but that can only be a scandal once, right?
    • Go back to Anne Scott - The Duchess of Monmouth has also bourne our Lightning a child, and she's wealthy and influential. He can be the pampered playboy we all suspect he'd rather be.
    • Court Frances Cavendish - After Dorset's rejection, poor Frances is looking for some validation. Langdon's an Earl, popular and handsome, surely he'd be onto a winner!
    • Write to the Duchess of Savoy - Maybe she'll hook him up with another dying widow?
    • Someone else - tell us in the comments!

Lest we be judged mean,

Why is his best match not Darlene?

One only in black, the other in red,

Commited words between them have often been said.

The pair together may be a matter of Fate,

Was it not She that said Langdon would be her third mate?

So, who should be the second mate for each of the pair?

Caution is dictated, but, for them, prudence is rare.

Davina is a Catholic, and, as such, would not do,

Savoy's recommendation is likely a shrew.

Eleanor is too proper, and not lofty enough,

Fiona would make a vow, yet be but a bluff.

Catherine is a better mistress than wife to be sure,

Playing with Monmouth's wife is hardly a cure.

Sam is a commoner, and Frances is sad,

Susan has a brother who is said to be mad.

Perhaps the lad should just wait and further mingle,

The smartest move for him may be just to remain single.

An excellent poll, I was very tempted by the 'write to Savoy' option, but already had my heart set on Fee.  I'd like to see how Charles copes when he's the lesser philanderer in the bed.  

"Wife, please stop sleeping around, that's meant to be my job." 

OOC we could track their numbers and run wagers on which has the most bedmates each season. That wager might even make it into IC. We'd have no end of fun with a Charles-BcBain Match, and when Cat finds out, there will be fireworks. 

20 hours ago, Hope said:

An excellent poll, I was very tempted by the 'write to Savoy' option, but already had my heart set on Fee.  I'd like to see how Charles copes when he's the lesser philanderer in the bed.  

"Wife, please stop sleeping around, that's meant to be my job." 

OOC we could track their numbers and run wagers on which has the most bedmates each season. That wager might even make it into IC. We'd have no end of fun with a Charles-BcBain Match, and when Cat finds out, there will be fireworks. 

Epic!

Given the number of highly dangerous women, husbands and potential brothers-in-law that Langdon would unavoidably offend regardless of his choice in this matter, Chatham suggests that he change his name and flee to India to take up a new life as a tiger hunter.