JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

An indoor picnic with Lady Toledo | Tuesday 20th, midday

However sincere (or not) Don Juan Jose was, Darlene felt jealous that he freely declared his love. “You are very lucky then…” she murmured and thought about De Silva again.  He was from a similar enough part of Europe, so perhaps if she’d married him he would also have declared his feelings freely. “English men do not say that.”

Sophia then confirmed that the baby she carried was Juans, for whatever reason the news did not shock her at all, what was surprising was that the baby’s future was fluid.  “He will acknowledge it, this is unusual, is it not?  What shall decide when he might do that… is it dependant upon it being a boy?” she quizzed curiously.      

“I don’t think that Master Cole ever told me that,” Sophia mused thoughtfully. “But he probably didn’t love me at all.”

She tried to remember if Charles or Henry had spoken that important but elusive word, but she couldn’t be sure. That they truly loved her she had no doubt. They had proved it time and time again. “I believe that it doesn’t really matter if you say it as long as you show it.”

Darlene’s questions made Sophia realize that she should not have revealed that tidbit of knowledge. “Please do not mention this to anyone! I am not even supposed to know Juan’s plans. Esteban let it slip one day and then he had to explain.” Exactly like I just did.

“Not even my husband knows when or how Juan is going to do it.  He is illegitimate himself, you know, but his father, the former King of Spain, acknowledged him as his son. He runs the country now and has a lot of power, so anything is possible, I suppose.”

She took another sip of tea. “I don’t know if it depends on the baby’s gender or not. I am certain that he will love this child whether it is a boy or a girl, for it will be his first. He has had mistresses since before I was born but I am the first one he got pregnant.” Sophia sighed softly. “It is yet more proof that we are meant to be together."

"You will find the gentleman you were meant to be with too."  The petite singer grinned mischievously.  "Maybe it is Lord de Silva.  Does he like you as much as you like him?"