JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Delivered to Davina | Monday 19th, midday

Apartment of Viscount Baintree & Mistress Wellesley

The apartment is small, but comfortable, with two rooms. There is a living room, with a small seating arrangement near the hearth and a table. A pair of windows is set into the south wall, overlooking the Long Walk and Castle Hill. A small carved walnut table and chair set rests between the windows while a small door, hidden behind a wine-colored curtain with thick tassels, beside the fireplace opens into a little closet. Candelabras rest on the table and mantel, casting long shadows over the polished wood of the floor.

In the next room a large walnut bed resting against the east wall. The bed is hung with wine-colored velvet, the fabric trimmed with gold tassels. Across from the bed is a stone hearth whose crackling fire keeps the chill at bay. Small silver bells have been affixed to the edges of the mantel with silver satin bows and to the tie backs of the drapes and bed curtains. A pair of windows is set into the south wall, overlooking the Long Walk and Castle Hill. A small carved walnut table and chair set rests between the windows while a small door, hidden behind a wine-colored curtain with thick tassels, beside the fireplace opens into a little closet. Candelabras rest on the table and mantel, casting long shadows over the polished wood of the floor.

Having been in town that morning, Darlene then arrived with a letter in hand and a small box.  She knocked on the door, having thought to deliver the items in person. Although now that she was here, she was less than certain that she was welcome. Well, she knew she was not welcome actually.  And so, quickly reconsidering, she set the letter on the floor outside Davinas door and set the box down atop of it. 

Then slipped away.

The box held an enammeled tin with a lemony blend of tea leaves.   And the letter read:

Dear Mistress Wellesley

I wish to apologise for the other day, and for my jealousy of the position you have gained. 

I hope you can understand why I was so affected, for as you know I had tried to make an impression amongst my peers for garden interests, but I failed to succeed to build the garden society that I had hoped for.  So it was, that when I learnt of your honour given, I was secretly very upset about it.  And so as you rightly figured, I was mountebank to try attempt to hijack it from you. Which was not at all a gentle nor kind thing to do, and which my Brother would be upset of me over. I house great regret at what I thought to do, so beg your forgiveness while understanding that it cannot be forgotten. 

So please accept this small token of my sincerity of apology.  I wish you every success in your endeavour, of which I have little doubt that you shall achieve with grace and poise as is your usual way.

God Bless

Lady Oakham