JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To Lord Kingston, by hand, Late Monday afternoon

My Lord kingston, there is a subject matter that I must speak to you about. Allow me to assure you that tis no frivilious matter but one of great importance. Might I call upon you in the afternoon on Tuesday? If you send a reply with my runner in return as to time and place convient I shall be grateful.

D Wellsley

That this Gentleman was not the first of her choices had ceased to matter. She had sense realized that her first had been a misplaced one and any help he could provide might not be enough. Kingston also had the advantage of the other on her list and together they might well solve the matter.

The short missive was sanded and sealed and then handed off to one of the runner boys in her employ along with a handful of pennies as their reward for seeing it to that Gentleman only.

• 1 month later...

When said boy showed up at the house of the Duke of Buckingham, where Lord Kingston resided, he was allowed inside and told to wait. However, the servants knew that Lord Kingston was not at home and that he would not be for the remainder of the day, perhaps some time longer even. Though the boy Davina had chosen could not know of it, the Duke of Buckingham was expressing more interest in the goings on at his house than usual.

While most of court thought his blond cub was the sort of have utterly frequent clandestine missives of an urgent nature from a lady, George knew better. 

Francis had many lady-friends. Some he even slept with. But the boy had no mistress. He had never had one. 

Nicolette, Heather, and Lady Toledo were likely the only ladies outside of his family who would seek Francis urgently. One was secretly at his house. The second away from court. The third would have been more dramatic. Thus, the Duke's interest was piqued when his valet informed him that there was a page boy there from a lady with an urgent missive for Lord Kingston.

Though the King was a tall and intimidating presence, Buckingham could make himself sinister when he wished to, and his royal master was entirely missing that capability. In his impressive dress and over six feet tall, the Duke came into the marbled foyer.

"Lord Kingston is away and will not return any time soon. He has entrusted his affairs to me." He held out a be-ringed hand expectantly.

(OOC - Since Davina is trying to give something to Francis which he will not be able to receive in a timely fashion, I will give you the opportunity to choose whether or not the boy would give the note to Buckingham instead as it's established IC that he is home at this time 😉 .)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 12:30 AM, Davina Wellsley said:

My Lord kingston, there is a subject matter that I must speak to you about. Allow me to assure you that tis no frivilious matter but one of great importance. Might I call upon you in the afternoon on Tuesday? If you send a reply with my runner in return as to time and place convient I shall be grateful.

D Wellsley

"Wait here," George instructed, turning around and walking down the impressive foyer and entering a room far from a place he could be seen or overheard. He stopped by a generous window and read the missive.

Up went a blond eyebrow. His cheeks pressed with part amusement and part curiosity. You see, Buckingham knew a thing or two about Mistress Wellesley on his own. He also knew that his Kingston did not keep company with her, for he was well aware of everything Francis was up to. Not out of lack of trust, but out of awareness that the cub was his responsibility, in a myriad of ways and not solely because the boy was his nephew. Francis was too much ingénu of the political intrigues and dangers of court especially with what was going on, murders and all. 

What might be of such great importance - sans frivolity - that you might need Kingston, a gentleman you know very little...the Duke mused. Tom's odd dealings with the lady were something of gossip in the King's close Household and as with most things that could be turned into an amusement, Charles had told George. 

Is this yet another note sent to a gentleman in haste where you do not keep the appointment, I wonder...

Francis had no whispers around court of being the gentleman one saw for anything of great importance! It intrigued him. He had not put it from the realm of possibility that the Queen's younger ladies were playing jokes on the younger and handsomer gentlemen around the King.

With a chuckle to himself, Buckingham turned back and left the parlour, walked down the foyer to where the boy was still waiting. 

"Tell Mistress Wellesley that Lord Kingston has been summoned to attend the King so shan't be at liberty for the foreseeable future. She is welcomed to call upon me tomorrow, after noon." 

Would the lady be so bold? 

The boy returned after some time with the verbal response. Davina slowly nodded her head handing out two pennies instead of one and sending him on his way.

well it is as it would have been so that is it. to Buckingham I wil go

From some distance away Poppy eyed her mistress understanding the inner turmoil that was going on. It was indeed something so secret yet had to be discussed. 

She would accompany her as always ready to be of aid if needed. Her Lady might give off a strong countance but she knew otherwise.