JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Letters of Envy | Season iX collection

(I thought to make one thread to contain those throughout the season)

Todays was not Nicci's usual sort of letter, but today was not the calendars usual sort of day.  A letter and small parcel was given Francis to deliver, by way of a recognition to the blonde gentleman for his continued part in her life. 

It felt to her to be her most daring letter yet. The very addressing of it was, was on nearly every account - shocking!  But hers was to never be cliché - rather, to provoke amusement and light of heart and laughter. 

1st of April

To Mister Charles, servant of the realm.  I hear your career is extensive indeed.   A kitchen hand, thrusting finger in pudding. Soldier too: valiant and diligent, and reluctant to sheathe his sword. A gardener, who daily waters his growin crop for the future.   A clockmaker, winding and engaging the cogs that shall then chime raucous and brightly!  The vintner;  a quarter turn and more to each bottle of the cellar. Yet even a man of your qualifications cannot escape the day of pranking! 

Thus I present you with, 

your gift

NV

Inside the box was a servants tool, a feather duster, which he might imagine what he like of her future purpose with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nicci had enjoyed a lazy Sunday afternoon remembering times shared, provoking a rather dreamy toned letter from her quill today. 

Your Royal Majesty King of England, Scotland, Ireland, and of Love!

I have become a philosopher of love today, in the joyful reflection of that topic that I am determined to become noted expert upon. It was my discovery that love transcends the pride of nations, and indeed exists as a kingdom of it’s own.  And duly there I looked, with eyes closed enjoying the milky warmness of our memory, and saw that there you sit. King of my Heart and ruler of it.  

La! Such words would sound foolish to any that have not experienced it!

Might I kiss your sceptre

and express my devotions

Forever and More

Envy

• 2 weeks later...

His Majesty was quite amused by the feather duster and spent the good part of an hour planning (or rather fantasizing) what he might do with it, or what she might do with it. He resolved to bring it with to the party at George's, stashed away for his after-party with Envy!

He did, of course, instruct Kingston to relay his delight at the tool and note! The cub would know that he was coming to the party, for he would have to arrange absconding him away from the palace, so his surrogate would deliver his promises for a meeting with her very soon.

(🤣🤩)