JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Food For The Body, Music For The Soul [26/12, after church]- Xmas 1677

Sophia would have climbed the tree herself but the lowest branch had been too high for her to reach. “I was out of practice.” She knew Caroline was teasing her and she winked mischievously. “And I didn't want to get scratched if she put up a fight.”

Aurora had behaved well, though, and because of her antics, her mistress had made a new friend. “She's in my bedchamber with the cats. I didn't want any of them to disturb us while we played.”

She led Caroline from the room, down the stairs, and to the front door. “Of course I want you to come,” Sophia insisted. “You are my friend. It is more of an open house than an affair of state and not everyone there will be powerful politicians or diplomats.” She grinned. “The food will be Spanish this time, but it will be even more delicious than our lunch.”

Sophia nodded. “Yes, you may bring a guest. Or two or three.”

It had been a lovely afternoon, but now it was time to say good-bye. “If I do not run into you before your party, I will see you then. I have not yet asked my lord husband about it, so if I am not there, you will know he was unable to cancel his prior plans and didn't want me to go alone. Unfortunately, I do not enjoy your freedom and must abide by his decisions.

“I do not think that will happen, though. Thank you for coming. It was a pleasure to play with you and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.”

~finis?~ Thanks for a fun thread.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived