JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To Lord Kingston | Saturday the 17th, delivered mid-afternoon

A message written on white rag paper, with blue-black oak gall ink, sealed with the Melville coat of arms on viridian wax, and delivered by hand to the Buckingham suite.

Lord Kingston,

First, allow me to congratulate you on your new title, and let me share with you a Spanish saying I learned in the Continent: Si los perros ladran, es porque hacemos camino*. Do know that anything I can help with, I am at your disposal.

Please forgive me for leaving London unexpectedly and not keeping in contact. My wife got sick and died of a wasting disease that baffled the doctors. Afterwards, I was going insane in Melville Castle, so I returned to court.

Would you do me the kindness to meet with me at your convenience? My room is on the floor above you. You can send a message here.

I remain, your humble and obedient servant,

Melville

OOC: * If the dogs bark, it is because we are making headway.

Edited by Duncan Melville

• 1 month later...

Francis had not been back to his rooms until Sunday afternoon, so it wasn't until then he replied to Melville's note. After the appropriate salutations, it read:

I am saddened to hear of your lady wife's passing. I recall that your match was one with love, so I understand your absence fully. Similarly, I appreciate your sentiments to my current...plight...or blight, depending on how one might look at it. 

I plan to be in my room in His Grace's suite all evening today if you would care to come by to share a drink or break bread. My Monday  is very consumed and Tuesday is the marriage of a good friend, although I believe the later evening is free. 

Your Servant etc.,

Kingston

It was sent with a bottle of blood orange brandy