JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To Lord Grey | arrives Thursday late afternoon

Written on a fine piece of parchment embossed with the Cambray coat of arms:

Dear Lord Grey,

I would like to thank you personally for the wonderful telescope you sent me. It is a great improvement over my old one. I wish I could invite you to dinner but I’m staying in the palace in a room that is barely big enough for me and my cat. However, there are many other places where we can meet. Choose one and give me a day and time and I will be there.

Sincerely,

Anne-Elisabeth Devereux, Lady Cambray

The note was delivered by hand on Thursday in the late afternoon.

The reply was written on white, heavy, rag card, using purple-black oak gall ink, and sealed with Henry Grey's signet on gray wax.

Dear Lady Cambray,

How can one not share what one can with someone with such an inquisitive mind as yours? Besides, I had to somehow ask your forgiveness for my sudden disappearance from London last season. There was a fire in the Codnor Castle residence, and my presence was required. Not an excuse not to have written to you, but my mind was focused on that. Please forgive me.

What would you say to dinner at The White on Sunday? I hear their food and drink have no competition in Windsor.

Also, beware of your cat. Felines tend to become the most demanding of masters. I know. Cardinal Richelieu has my household under his hairy paw... and he knows it!

Your humble and obedient servant,

Henry, Lord Grey

The note was hand-delivered by a liveried servant on Friday afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

~arrives Friday afternoon~

Dear Lord Grey,

I figured that something important had called you away. I do hope that the fire was not serious and that everything is fine now.

Dinner on Sunday sounds delightful. Would you like to pick me up or shall I meet you there?

I wish you had shared your advice about felines earlier. Crystal is the mistress of the house now and she isn’t even a year old yet. She has everyone wrapped around her little paw. Even I can do nothing but serve her every whim.

Strangely enough, I do not mind at all.

Sincerely,

Anne-Elisabeth Devereux, Lady Cambray

The reply was written on white, heavy, rag card, using purple-black oak gall ink, and sealed with Henry Grey's signet on gray wax.

Dear Lady Cambray,

If you do not mind, let us meet there. I will be polishing some lenses after Church on Sunday. Court takes so much time from research, that I try to use every minute I can.

Your humble and obedient servant,

Henry, Lord Grey

PS. Cardinal Richelieu sends his respectful regards to Mistress Crystal

The note was hand-delivered by a liveried servant on Saturday, early afternoon.