JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To Davina Wellsley - April 10 Morning

A letter arrived the morning of April 10th before the Church services, thankfully Diana had wrote it out the day before but had forgotten to send it out before she'd went out for the evening.  A rosy pink wax with a rose seal enclosed the following note wrote in the elegant slanted hand writing of Diana:

Dearest Cousin,

We've returned from Ireland... finally and am anxious for some social conversations that do not include sheep, sailing, or simpletons.  Let's catch up soon.  

Warm Regards,

D. G.

Poppy handed her mistress the letter with a bit of a smirk adding -

and here's another relative come back

Davina took it and saw the seal and smiled. Breaking it she read quickly then sat to pen a reply.

Well Well! Welcome back to the land of the Civilized cousin! Naturally you are starved for such things so all the better to come see me at Whitehall rooms and I shall try to fill in all that is or has gone on.

davina

She was haappy to hear this and so her rely was sent back at once.

• 2 weeks later...

Fully expecting the note after having spoke to her cousin at church on Sunday Morning, she immediately sought out the note when she arrived back.  Cracking the seal, her eyes quickly scanned the contents and with a laugh, she went to return a quick penned reply with an idea she'd had at the church but hadn't mentioned it.  After penning it out she set a page around with it to leave it with her cousin. 

I've a better idea on where we can catch up on the latest happenings.  I need to update my wardrobe (and spend some of John's money), why don't you come shopping with me Thursday morning.  I bought a few pieces in Dublin on the way back but they are hardly fashionable items.  We can have tea and catch up on the latest fabrics and perhaps I can shake off some of this Irish dust off.  

Diana.

She was quick to pen a reply - 

Yes I supoose you will need to wearing nothing but woolens all this time! As far as monies I shall be delighted to help. Shall we arrange for Thursday mid morning then? I will take advantage of Baintrees carriage and shall make the journey and collect you. And there is also something that might interest you as well - Chichester is having an exhibit and I am attending for that afternoon. We can discuss it more in person.

Davina

She had to smile a bit about collecting her cousin - they lived on the same street after all! The note was sanded and sealed and sent back with a page.