JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To Lady Frances Cavendish | arrives afternoon April 1st

Written on a piece of cream-colored paper, scented softly with rose and vanilla, and penned in Sophia's flowery handwriting:

Dear Lady Frances,

I hope your recess was enjoyable and that you have been well. I have been thinking often about our Ladies Music Society and would like to discuss my ideas with you as well as hear your own. The arrival of spring is a time for new beginnings, and I believe this is the perfect time to start it.

Please let me know when you are available to come to tea at my house, which has now been redecorated. I am also sending you a gift that I bought for you in Spain.

Sincerely,

Sophia

Accompanying the letter was a box containing a beautiful fan made of silk painted with flowers and trimmed in lace. She sent it with a servant to be delivered immediately.

Lady Frances had been traveling between Country and London as the new Season was now starting and so was in the midst of setteling herself back into a new set of rooms. Occupied with directing her servants the distraction was a welcom'd one as the box and letter were delivered to her. She asked the messanger to be paid for the trouble and to wait if there was a reply needed. Looking for a place to sit she brushed aside the stack of petticoats that took up a bench and broke the seal to read what was penned inside.

Ah. Yes she now remembered that the two of them had indeed spoke of trying to establish such a thing but she had given it no more thought since. A small frown appeared but was replaced by a surprised smile as she saw what was inside the box.

"How Lovely! Look Anne how pretty are these colors!" This said to one of her maids. "Should I accept? But to refuse would be a rudeness and I do not want to cause the Baroness to be hurt."

She turned back to the messanger saying

"Tell Lady Toledo I have received the box and letter and that it pleased me greatly. I will follow with my own reply once I am settled in."

She waved him away playing with the fan moving it to and fro admiring how well it was constructed.