JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Back at the Room II (Tuesday after Carnival)

OOC~ With permission of the mod, this is a continuation of the Carnival thread

Room of Lord Langdon

The chamber is small, but comfortable, a large oak bed resting against the west wall. The bed is hung with rose-colored damask, the fabric trimmed with same-color tassels. Across from the bed is a stone hearth whose crackling fire keeps the chill at bay. Small porcelain doves have been affixed to the edges of the mantel with silver satin bows and to the tie backs of the drapes and bed curtains. A window is set into the south wall, overlooking the Long Walk and Castle Hill. A small carved oak table and chair set rests to the right of the window while a small door, hidden behind a rose-colored curtain with thick tassels, beside the fireplace opens into a little closet. Candelabras rest on the table and mantel, casting long shadows over the polished wood of the floor.

Having returned from the carnival, Charles collected dinner for two, a small keg of ale, as he had provided when they last spoke on Saturday.  Having seen Sam as a female, Charles had been reminded of the meeting with the mystery woman at New Market years before, when Sam came to him in disguise.  He remembered the roll in the stable hay and it had been good fun.  His resistance to becoming Sam's lover was being whittled away.  If they did not become lovers, he feared an anxious tension would forever exist between them, one that would eventually fray their relationship. He needed Sam to stay at his side and this was the best way to insure it.  It was less than ideal, but it could be hidden well and they both would draw closer with intimacy, or so he hoped.  Truth be told, he was feeling more than frisky, surrounded by lovely ladies, and a potential betrothed, that he could not touch.  He was a man that had come slowly to the intimacy with the other gender; but, once tasted in full splendor, was difficult to resist.  He had a weakness for liquor, in that he became intoxicated too quickly, but he could live without it.  Fresh. wholesome women that he knew, however, was something of an Achilles heel for him.  Thus the opportunity to sate some of that desire with Sam seemed to be the best remedy.  Thus, he was ready for a serious conversation when Sam returned to the room.

It had taken Sam longer than she had expected to return to the palace. Margaret had wanted to know all about the nobleman her sisters had met, and she’d thought it best to tell the story herself, as Cecily had a tendency to embellish the truth. Though the fabrications of her imagination were usually harmless, Sam preferred that nothing be said to link Charles and her together. Alice had given her a few calculating looks on the way home, and Sam wondered if she had read between the lines. She would have a little talk with her sister on her next day off.

She changed into servant’s garb before she left. Sam didn’t want to assume her male disguise quite yet. She could do that before she went on duty tonight. If Charles wished, he could watch her transformation. As she entered the palace, her heart pounded loudly in her chest. She was afraid that another servant might question her presence, as she didn’t actually work there, but nobody stopped her or even glanced at her twice. Before she turned down the corridor that led to the room, she made sure nobody was about.

Sam slipped into the room unnoticed, closing the door gently behind her. She tried not to show her nervousness as she smiled at Charles. “I’m glad you brought food,” she said. “My sister was cooking supper when I left, and I confess I am quite famished.”

Charles was surprised to see Sam arrive in a maid's outfit.  She even had her wig.  For some reason, he had thought she might have her uniform hidden away at her sister's house.  It then dawned on him that such would likely risk her secret, so, he decided to have a bit of fun with her.

"I thought you were the servant bringing the bath tub," he jested.  "Lock the door and come join me.  I do not recall having supper with a maid to a noble lady before."  He waved her over.  "Did I win over your sisters?"  He stood until she chose to sit.

"Did you enjoy the outing?" he inquired.  "I did."  He poured her some ale.  Their conversation would be made easier if they both had loosened up a bit. It did not take much ale for Charles to become a bit tipsy.

“Sorry,” Sam laughed. “Your bath will have to wait.” Her body hummed pleasantly as she thought of the two of them in the tub together and a small hint of crimson stained her cheeks. She quickly turned away and locked the door.

Taking a seat at the table, she noticed that Charles stood until she sat down. When she was in her male disguise, he treated her like a friend, but that simple gesture told her that he had accepted her as a woman as well. That was one less thing she needed to worry about, though she did wonder if he would now be more protective of her and give her less dangerous tasks. She had joined the military for adventure, not to sit at a desk doing paperwork.

“Then you’re in for a treat,” she teased. “You definitely impressed Alice and Cecily. They talked about you all the way home and told our older sister Margaret about meeting a handsome and charming nobleman. They’ll be regaling their friends about it when they go back home.” She grinned. “I doubt they will ever forget you. They’ll probably tell that story to their grandchildren.”

Sam chuckled. “I used to be just like them. Nobles were so far removed from our simple lives that even getting a glimpse of one was an exciting experience. I had never encountered them until I was stationed at the palace.  His Majesty was like a fairy tale figure to me. And now …” Her voice trailed off. I’m in love with one, she finished her sentence silently to herself.

She felt a bit uncomfortable. It had been easy to open up to him in a public area teeming with people, but a bedroom … even though it was their bedroom … was a much more intimate place. Sam took the mug he offered her, being careful not to let her fingers brush his. “I enjoyed it very much,” she confessed with a slightly bashful smile.

Charles laughed as Sam confirmed that the girls were charmed.  "Good, I wanted to do something nice for your sisters.

He drank a healthy dose of ale to steady his nerves.  Sam would know this was not natural, as Charles avoided drink for the most part.    "It was a treat to see you in a dress today," he opened.  "It confirmed my thoughts in response to our last conversation here.  You are a fine man Sam, and a fine woman.  In that regard, I may be the luckiest man in the world to be in the company of something so rare.  We have been intimate as men and we have been intimate as a man and a woman."  In that regard he was referring to her seduction of him at Newmarket.  "It is because of this unique intimacy that I find that I can be honest and earnest with you."  He began by looking at his cup and then lifted his gaze to meet her own.

"So, after much thought, I have decided that I have so enjoyed being intimate with you, in both your guises, that I would be foolish to not continue to do so.  I am willing to gamble that we will stick together no matter what may befall us, and I am willing to risk much to share a closeness together.  But, in order to make this work, if you are willing, we must promise each other to be lifetime allies and friends, no matter which guise you take. and no matter how I may seem to treat you as a subordinate when you are Samuel, and closer as Samantha.  I will never be able to spend much time with Samantha, and you need to be comfortable with that.  We can take rare advantage of sharing this room at Windsor, but it will grow harder back in London.   You must promise me that you will not become angry with me for putting a wife or other lady above Samantha.  We will need to thrill at the stolen moments we can share, but I cannot other much more.  As Samuel, we can continue the closeness that good male friends and officers enjoy, but Samantha will not get the attention that she deserves or may crave.  If that is something you can abide for years to come, then let us revel in the times we can and not lament the absence.  If it becomes too difficult for either of us, then we will end the Charles and Samantha relationship and return solely to the military friendship and trust we enjoy currently."  He wondered if his speech was too business-like, but he felt that he needed to treat their potential affair as a agreement between two friends.

"What say you Sam?" he asked softly.  Regardless of answer, he was not sure what would come nxt.  It was all rather awkward.

Sam frowned when Charles took a long swig of ale. Whatever he planned to tell her, he seemed to need some liquid courage. She knew that he couldn’t hold his liquor well, and if she believed he was drinking too much, she would stop him, even if it annoyed him. He would thank her for it later. Unless this encounter didn’t end as well as the last one. She anticipated the worst and prepared herself to accept whatever decision he made. His friendship was worth the hurt she would feel if he rejected the idea of an affair.

She listened intently as he spoke about his feelings for her both as a man and as a woman. It was unusual for any man… much less a nobleman … to accept a person who lived as both a female and a male. Most would call her a freak and shun her. But he appreciated both of her identities and could switch between them nearly as easily as she did.

In the short time they had been apart, Charles had obviously done a lot of thinking. Her heart seemed to flip in her chest when he said he was willing to consider an intimate relationship between them. Sam had always wondered if he had enjoyed that interlude at Newmarket. Now she knew. Everything he said was agreeable to her. She wanted him to treat her as he always did when she was Samuel and understood that he would not be able to see her often as Samantha. It would make their lovemaking all the more precious to both of them.

Sam took a large sip of ale before she answered him. “I will take whatever you are willing to give me, Charles. I know that you will marry as all noblemen do.  Your fiancee and wife will always come before me and your time with Samantha will be limited. I can live with that. Even if we part ways at some point, I will not allow it to affect the friendship between us. This is a risk for both of us, but I think that it is one worth taking."

Her eyes never left his.  “I also ask a promise from you in return. You must not become overprotective of me while I am Samuel. I do not want my duties to be restricted because of your closeness with Samantha. You know how I enjoy outwitting criminals and solving crimes.  If you have no problem with me facing the dangers that are a part of military life, then we have ourselves a deal.”

The Earl of Langdon might be thought to be a liberal thinker in the 17th Century because he could abide a woman soldier if she was good at it.  Charles was not a man seeing both a man and a woman before him; rather, he viewed Sam as only a woman, who needed his help to keep her gender secret so that she could do something with the God-given skill she had.  She had saved his life once by taking a bullet meant for him, so he owed her that much and, because she was a good woman, Charles felt obligated to help her somehow.

Sam agreed with the limitations, as he expected she would.  They could go at it wildly at Windsor, but would need to be more circumspect in London.

Her own condition was expected as well.  "I agree," he replied softly.  "I would protect any friend from going into danger generally.  I will not take additional precautions because of our intimacy ... though woe to the man whoever hurts you in the future."  The latter was a threat to unseen enemies, delivered with passion in his voice.

Now that they had agreement, the moment became awkward.  She was wearing a dress and ripe for the taking, but he did not feel like he was to seduce her as he might with another lady, nor treat her as a whore in a business transaction.  How to proceed?  He looked at her, looked at her clothing, looked at the bed, and then back at her.  He could not expect her to take the lead.

"You know how drinking makes me tired.  I think I will go lay down."  Standing up he took another swig of ale for good measure.  His sword belt and pistol was already resting against a chair.  He found himself chuckling.

Charles agreed to her terms, as Sam had hoped he would, and his passionate threat toward anyone who harmed her made her smile. She, of course, would beat up … or even kill … anybody who hurt him too and she was certain that he knew it without her having to say it.

The arrangement was made. Her dreams were finally coming true. So why did she feel so awkward? He looked the same way, glancing between her, the bed, and back again. Sam had had no trouble at all seducing him at Newmarket, yet now she was not quite sure what to do.  Continue eating?  Seal their agreement with a kiss?  Something else entirely?

Charles claimed that he needed to lie down. Sam noticed that he drank a strong sip of ale before standing up. She did the same before she rose, His chuckle did much to alleviate her nervousness. Though she had been famished when she arrived, now she hungered only for him.

“Do you mind if I join you?” she asked a bit shyly.

As he moved towards the bed, he was feeling the awkwardness of the situation.  Nevertheless, he shed his jacket, cravat and his boots as he sat at the side of the bed.  "The bed now can be enjoyed by us both at any time," he noted aloud in an inviting voice.

Wearing only his breeches and open shirt, he paused to see her approach.  It all seemed surreal.  It was better when she just invited him into a barn and asked him to have his way with her, as there was nothing to consider and no consequences.  He stood to shake free of his breeches but maintained his shirt as he moved to refuge beneath the sheets.

"This is a bit awkward" he admitted with a nervous chuckle.  "Maybe you join me under the covers and we lie facing each other, rather than facing away.  Perhaps we spend a time caressing each other as we warm to our new situation?"  He lifted the covers to admit her beside him.  She could lose the dress or not.  It would not matter much given what was likely to follow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Samantha watched as Charles undressed, her ardor intensifying with every article of clothing he removed. She waited until he was beneath the blankets before walking over to the bed. This was, indeed, very awkward, and she wondered if they should take a bit more time to accustom themselves to the idea of becoming lovers before doing something about it.

Yet her body told her something else entirely and she wasn’t about to let opportunity pass her by. “Oh, is that how nobles do it?” she asked with a saucy smile. She quickly removed her dress and her corset until she was clad only in her shift. Her confidence grew, enhanced by that hearty sip of ale and the desire coursing through her veins. “Then you have a lot to learn.”

Pulling back the sheets, Sam slid into bed and then pounced on top of him, capturing his mouth in a fervent kiss.

He was expecting her to be shy with the awkwardness of the situation.  He had wondered how he might calm her, and himself, to this situation where he was to become intimate with his friend and junior officer.  He had imagined that she would want to talk about things, as women were talkative creatures.  Instead, she seized the initiative, catching Charles by surprise.  He was typically the one that attacked, rather than defended against intimate maneuvers.

Perhaps it was her immersion into the male lifestyle and psche that had her on top, but Charles played along, caught up in the moment.  He certainly enjoyed kissing women.  It had been his sole claim to intimacy in his first season at court, counting the number of kisses he could collect.

Now, he returned fervent kisses with his own.  Though tempted to try and roll her over, he decided to let her take the lead for the moment.  He was instantly hard and wanted to see if she preferred to stay atop or pull him with her.  There was time enough for him to take charge later.

• 2 weeks later...

For a couple of heartbeats, which pounded loudly in her chest, Sam wondered if she had been too bold by taking the lead. Charles was probably used to submissive ladies who had been taught that sex was something to be endured rather than enjoyed. She wanted to be different from the women he had been intimate with in the past. But had she gone too far?

Apparently not, for he returned her kisses with enthusiasm. As she pressed herself closer against him, she could feel that he had already risen to the occasion. Her own inner muscles contracted in anticipation of feeling him inside her, and the sensations rushing through her body were stronger than any she had felt with her previous lovers, both male and female.

Breaking the kiss, she sat up on top of him and pulled her shift over her head, tossing it over the side of the bed. Then she rolled over, pulling Charles with her. Now he was on top of her. Sam tugged playfully on his shirt, hoping that he would remove it so that she could feel his bare skin on hers.

It was true that Charles had only experienced submissive ladies.  It was the way of genteel ladies.  He had avoided whores and, perhaps, he had also lost the experience of what a strong woman would do if freed from the expectations of propriety.

As he found himself on top, he was in a more familiar posture.  As she lost her shift, he did not attempt to gaze at her body much, feeling a bit timid about seeing her naked for the first time.  She gazed at his own shirt in a way that suggested she wanted to see his chest.  Far be it from him to disappoint a lady, even though Sam was no lady.  As such, he paused long enough to untie and remove the shirt, casting it into a negligent heap upon the floor beside the bed.

Now that they were naked, Charles wanted to pounce, as he often did, but he often found some game to play with his lovers.  His hand snaked down to her privates to titillate them and make sure she was ready for something sudden and heavy.  Meanwhile, he leaned down to lightly kiss her lips once. "Is there something you want Samantha," he teased softly.  "Tell me what you want me to do to you?"  Since she was not a lady, he felt a bit more at liberty to toy with her a bit. 

Sam noticed that Charles didn’t leer at her the way other male lovers had done. She had a nice figure, slender and toned rather than soft and flabby like she imagined most noblewomen were beneath their corsets. Hers had not been laced tightly at all, for there was nothing that needed to be pushed in. Though she wanted him to look at her in all her nude glory, she understood that he needed time to become accustomed to this new dynamic between them.

She had no such qualms, as she had been love with him for quite some time and had longed to be intimate with him again after that pleasant interlude at Newmarket. When Charles pulled off his shirt, Sam reached up and ran her fingers lightly over his chest. She gasped in surprise and pleasure when she felt his hand began stroking that sensitive place between her thighs that was a source of a woman’s pleasure. He kissed her again, briefly this time.

The sound of her full name on his lips increased her ardor. One hand wrapped around his cock as far as it would go and began caressing it softly. She wanted to tease him back, but the sensations his touch evoked robbed her of the ability to think coherently. “I want to feel you inside me,” she whispered simply and truthfully. In fact, there was nothing that Samantha wanted more.

She was no blushing maiden, as was his experience (except for his former whore wife).  She handled his manhood with practiced ease, causing him to wonder just who had she been with over the years.  It was not jealousy that gave rise to the curiosity, but rather her unique situation in masquerading as a man.

His face lowered to kiss her naked breast as he entered her slowly but steadfastly.  She seemed quite ready for him.  Once engulfed, he hastened his pace.  As a soldier, she bore bruises from hard practice, so Charles imagined she might enjoy a harder style of lovemaking.  So, he began a slow march, to a forced march, to a hard charge, shifting his lips to hers in a frenzy of athletic retreat and charge again.  Though he ached to spill his seed inside her, they could not afford a pregnancy.  He would need to withdraw, but not before seeing her climax as often as he could manage before his own explosion was inevitable.

Samantha arched her back and moaned in bliss when Charles kissed her breast. She ran her fingers through his hair and gently caressed his cheek. Her moan turned into a gasp when she felt him enter her, her inner muscles rhythmically contracting around his cock. He began to move harder and faster, increasing his pace and sending the most delightful thrills careening through her body. She doubted it was going to take long to climax, not only because she loved what he was doing to her but because she had been dreaming of this moment for several years.

She returned his kisses with equal ardor and wrapped her legs around his waist so that her pearl rubbed up against him, increasing the sensations that engulfed her. Sam lifted her hips to meet each thrust, which she hoped increased his pleasure as much as it did hers. Moving her lips to his ear, she blew in it playfully and then kissed her way back to his lips.

Her euphoria reached a breathtaking crescendo and sent her over the edge into the purest and most exciting ecstasy that she had ever experienced. Her head fell back against the pillows and her eyes locked on his so that he could see the effect that he had on her. “Oh Charles!” she whispered, trembling with intense pleasure. Eventually. her climax began to subside and then surprised her with a resurgence that was every bit as glorious as the first.

Charles had not been dreaming of this, like Sam, but the newness and the intimacy of the connection had him especially excited.  It took considerable effort, and thinking of mundane things. to keep from releasing too soon.  He wanted Samantha to enjoy the coupling as much as she had expected.

Sam climaxed in rapid succession, allowing him to withdraw with less guilt.  Yet, he stayed longer to continue to press home his attack hoping to lift her again, but he whispered that he could not hold for long and he would need to withdraw.  He suspected that she would be reluctant to see that happen, but would understand.  If she did, he was ready to retreat and find a less dertile place to deposit his seed.

As her second orgasm abated, Charles whispered of the need to withdraw. Samantha took herbs to prevent pregnancy, but pulling out was the most reliable way to make certain that she did not end up with child. Having a baby would end her career as a soldier. Though she might have been able to climax again if he stayed inside her, the risk was too great.

“I understand,” she replied. If she had even suspected that they might make love today, she would have placed a handkerchief under the pillow. She promised herself that she would be ready next time.

He tarried for a moment as he considered staying within, just once, but fear got the better of him.  Perhaps,had she been atop him, it might be different, as he thought there was no chance for pregnancy if she stood or sat up, such that his seed would not stay within.

With a roar in his ears and a tremble of his entire body, he unsheathed to seek her stomach as a resting place for that which issued forth.  Given the excitement level, the explosion was stronger than imagined and the cannon's powder, so to speak, spread out more widely to adorn her face as well, causing his mood to shift from one of great release to that of comic relief.  He found himself laughing at the sight of his captain, lying under him, face adorned with more than gunpowder.  The whole moment was surreal. 

Samantha felt a sense of loss as Charles withdrew from her.  Almost immediately, his seed burst out in a powerful explosion, hitting its mark but also splashing over her breasts, neck, and face. Either he had not been with a woman in a long time or she had excited him more than she had expected. Or maybe this was normal for him. I’ll need to stuff several handkerchief under the pillow for the next time, she thought in amusement.

Charles was apparently amused as well, for he laughed as he gazed down at her. Sam lifted her head and kissed him lightly. “I hope you plan on cleaning me up,” she teased with a chuckle. A tantalizing mental image of him wiping her off rekindled her desire. “I’m definitely going to need a bath before I go on duty tonight.”

It was a nice way to avoid the awkwardness of the situation, being able to laugh at something together.  Charles returned her kiss  and went to his side on his elbow briefly so that he could gaze upon the contours of his spill.

"No need to clean just yet.  I think we are just getting started."  Already he was rising to the occasion given the newness of their affair and the length of time he had been without female company.  "We have plenty of time."  After all, did not the two of them control their own schedules?

"As for the mess," he whispered, "married soldiers have told me that when they no longer want children, they finish their wives in ... the rear," he mentioned hesitantly.  "I have not tried this before but it seems workable if you are game.." Ironically, it was how two men might swive and Sam was pretending to be a man after all.

Charles’ words made Sam’s heart leap with happiness, as did the evidence that he would soon be ready to continue their lovemaking. She wondered if he would have been interested  if she had told him how she felt long ago, but he had not been at the same point in his life as he was now. The King had told him to consort only with widows and whores.  While she was neither, she offered a more appealing option, though a much more dangerous one … at least for her. But she didn’t mind. She loved him and she was going to enjoy their intimacy for as long as it lasted.

“Perhaps Captain Gillis could use a night off,” she suggested, her vivid green eyes sparkling with mischief. “There’s not as much to do here as there was in London.” She had tomorrow off too so she could go to the circus with her family. It would be nice to get a decent night’s sleep before having to help keep her rambunctious nieces and nephews out of trouble. Not that she thought that she and Charles would be doing much sleeping.

Samantha pondered his suggestion. “I’ve heard them speak of that too.” And so had one of the soldiers who preferred his own gender. Nobody knew it but her and so she was the person he sought when he wanted to speak of his love life. If it became known that he favored men, he would be kicked out of the military in disgrace.

She turned on her side to face her handsome lover. “I take herbs to prevent pregnancy. They’ve never failed me yet so its safe to spill your seed inside me. But I’m also willing to try the method you suggested. There is no chance at all that I will fall pregnant that way.”

Charles turned on his side too, so that they might have intimate whispers as they were but inches apart.  "No. I think Captain Gillis and Major Langdon need to spend a long time in conference tonight and morning.  There are strategies and protections to discuss.  There are personnel and personal planning to do," he added with a smile.  "I think we will both be working together well into the night," he jested.

As for protection against pregnancy, Charles sighed.  "I would prefer to stay in you, but herbs are not enough, or else everyone would use them."  He was reminded that he and Davina had relied solely on herbs.  How foolish they had been.  "If you became with child, it would effect your duties, and if you went to the gypsies, there would be danger," he observed softly.  "If poor married couples do it, and do not seem to mind, surely we can tolerate it."  It was not his preference, but it was either that or do what they had done before.  "If we do not like it, we can just repeat what we did," he offered,  as he thought of using lard to facilitate.    

“Work has never sounded like so much fun,” Samantha purred in response. Perhaps they could use the same excuse for spending time together in London. None of the men would suspect a thing since she and Charles always worked closely together anyway.

“Not necessarily,” she countered to his remark that everyone would use herbs if they were reliable enough. “The concoction tastes disgusting and it can make you queasy and give you cramps. Some women prefer not to go through that discomfort.”

Sam was touched that Charles didn’t want to lose her in an attempt to terminate a pregnancy.   With her previous lovers, she figured if the herbs didn't work and she found herself with child, Captain Gillis could take an extended leave of absence. Finding a home for the baby would not be difficult. Her married siblings would probably fight over the chance to raise it. But she would rather not have to worry about pregnancy at all.

‘Poor married couples’ included many of her family members. Had that alternate method been the way her parents had avoided a thirteenth child? She banished that thought as soon as it entered her mind. Nobody wanted to imagine their parents being intimate with each other.

Sam was adventurous enough to try it. She might even enjoy it. Her friend did. A couple of her lovers had been female, and they usually pleasured each other with their tongues.  Hmmmm ... There was another alternative to their predicament.

She smiled and kissed Charles again. “There is something else we can try too,” she ventured, hoping the idea wouldn’t disgust him. “You could spill your seed into my mouth.”

It was an awkward conversation to be sure.  He had never had such a conversation with a lady before.  Sam was not really a lady, in the classic sense, so it provided a bit more freedom to speak about unspeakables.

Sam seemed resistant to the alternative.  Perhaps it would hurt.  He would not have wanted that, so it made sense.  It was then that she spoke of using her mouth for more than kissing.  It was something that whores were supposed to do, but men seemed to really enjoy it.  There was no reason to resist it.  "That sounds like a grand idea if you are up for it," he uttered, wanting to agree with her.  "I think I am also up for something else." he added with a chuckle as he looked down his body.

Sam wasn’t opposed to the method that Charles’ suggested, but offered an alternative in case they didn’t like it. She'd had only had a handful of lovers, both male and female, and wasn’t very experienced in the art of lovemaking. There might be other ways of avoiding pregnancy that they would figure out later.  While she had occasionally accompanied other soldiers to brothels, she had no idea how whores pleased their johns.

“Maybe we can try both,” she said. They had plenty of time to explore different forms of swiving. Sam’s eyes followed his down to his rigid cock. A sultry smile turned up the corners of her lips. Scooting closer, she pressed her body against his. “Is that why your nickname is ‘Lightening Langdon?’ Because it doesn’t take you long to reload?”

Charles nodded his assent and later replied to Sam's question by saying "that is one of the reasons."  He laughed at her joke as he rolled her back, eyes full of fervor and readiness for the long afternoon and evening that awaited them.  The food was largely forgotten, but the joy of repeated forbidden fruit was not.

~finis?