JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To Juliana von Hesse-Eschwege | By hand, morning of Monday Jan 3rd- Xmas 1677

Charles Audley

Dearest Venus,

Your absence weighs on me like a shroud. The short days since I last beheld the glory of your countenance or heard the sweet music of your voice seem like unto an age of the world. To cut short my laments, which otherwise are like to outnumber the stars in the sky, I shall simply say that, in lacking you, I lack air.

When last we spoke, we discussed the possibility of acquiring toys for our little mouse. If the prospect still interests you, I shall at last be at liberty to attend you at any time before the auction tomorrow. Kindly let me know if this pleases you, or if there is some other diversion that would please you more. I am entirely at your disposal.

Your worshipful servant,

Charles.

~arrives around noon~

My most devoted worshiper,

Your eloquent words stir your goddess' ... soul. How can I deny you the pleasure of my presence and the opportunity to serve me to your heart's content?

I am definitely interested in buying gifts for our mouse. We must hurry if we are to send them before the end of the season. Perhaps we can meet in our corner of the library before the auction begins to make plans.

And if you are very good (or very bad), perhaps I will take you home with me at the end of the evening.

Venus

Dearest Venus,

If it would please you, am I not bound to see it done? I shall meet you there, though every instant between now and then shall seem an aeon. I can but hope that my sanity and restraint shall survive that torment that is your absence, and pray that you shall look upon me with favour when the sweet moment of reunion finally comes.

Your worshipful servant,

Charles.