JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Sunday Chapel (Sept 18, 1678)

Blackguard

One of the few things that Sophia’s father had taught her about business was that you should always ask for more than you wanted so that the person you were dealing with would think he had the upper hand when offering you less. All she had really cared about was one solo for her and one for Caroline, and Master Staggins had fallen right into her trap. “Very well,” she agreed. “One each will be fine. I will ask Lady Chichester if she wishes to attend the meetings and get back to you. I shall definitely be there, but if I’m not, then I will be in confinement and would like to have the notes.”

She had expected that he would not let her watch a rehearsal, but asking had been worth a try. After thanking him for his good wishes, she left the chapel and walked to where her carriage (and her hated bodyguard) awaited.

~finis~

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountjoy and Willoughby

Their conversation progressed in the way most did when the participants were but newly introduced. Polite chit chat and references to common interests and people was discussed yet an undercurrent developed that was not readily discernable to Charles until the rapidly fluttering eyelashes, which for some reason reminded him of Francis Kirke, and a direct eye contact that conveyed unmistakable desire. He smiled approvingly for he thought he recognized the passion and responded.

“Oh, My Lord, could it be that you are enamored with the hunt?”

Mountjoy could not always interoperate others motives but the keenness and yearning that he saw could only mean that this fellow was another devotee of the chase.

“I am afraid I must take my leave and bid you a good day but wish to inform you that I have a place in Epping Forrest, a refuge of sorts, where I am attempting to gather a group of likeminded men together to pursue our passion. I would very much be pleased if something along those lines would be of interest for certain pursuits pale when done alone and improve greatly with the addition of several enthusiastic men. We can speak of this later if you are interested.”

Charles made his goodbyes and thought he might have just gained a new hunting companion.

(OOC: As this post has been hanging this is just a quick conclusion so we can move forward and re-engage later if it desired.)