JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Nicolette Vauquelin

Desperatis hic in Vinarium | Saturday after 10pm

Yes! She had done it! Lord Kingston had been shocked speechless. What a fun little trick! Anne-Elisabeth promised herself that she would us it more often, but not so frequently that it became predictable. His reaction was so priceless that she had to fight to keep from smiling. Thankfully, she managed it.

To his credit, the handsome blonde recovered quickly. His voice as deadpan as her own, he spun a tale about natives carrying around feathered dildos as symbols of power and prowess. She could actually imagine such a thing happening, though he probably made up the story on the spot. That, too, was remarkable.

“So they presented it to you because they firmly believed that you were the bigger man.” Her voice was dead serious, but when Lord Kingston suggested that he could have one commissioned for her, she grinned. “I would like that very much, my lord. How long do you think it will take?”

If the King and the Duke were impressed by her performance, they didn’t show it. Of course they couldn’t reveal themselves as the instigators of the prank, but hopefully, they would remember how she had passed their dare with flying colors. Nicolette and Diana had received a reward for completing their dare. Would she get one too, at a later date? Anne-Elisabeth supposed that if the King saw it as a point in her favor toward becoming part of his usual entourage, that would be reward enough.

Still, she was a bit disappointed that they let it go so quickly, grabbing onto Nicci’s idea of a new dare … replacing Arlington’s staff with a different and infinitely more embarrassing rod. She noticed how her friend’s gaze landed on her. The King also glanced at her, as well as the other ladies in the wine cellar.

She thought she knew how such a thing could be done, especially if Arlington didn’t see very well. The young Countess smiled mysteriously. “Well, I’ve already played one successful prank on the Lord Chamberlain … on my first day at court no less! I wouldn’t object to another and I think together we should be able to pull it off.”

Idly, she wondered if the King had heard of that first prank. Dorset had claimed that the two of them were good friends. Perhaps he had told him that the master and mistress of limericks had shagged on Arlington’s desk at the New Years Ball.

"I do not know about the bigger man, my lady, for gentlemen oft have an inflated view of themselves, but it is not always the biggest man that brings down the beast in the wild; so, I shall claim instead that such prizes are oft won on multiple merits instead of just one," Kingston replied. 

After all, one could not have a cock measuring contest around the King. It was not even flattery or hyperbole to say that His Majesty had a royal orb and scepter of a cock. 

"It will take some time to be done properly, but I am certain you will find satisfaction before too long," Francis continued, in his most angelic tenor voice. "Patience is a virtue."

He chanced a look toward the others in the room, especially the King and Buckingham, who were trying not to give away any amusement as they watched the exchange. 

As to Arlington's rod, which was the next topic of conversation, Francis nodded to his uncle, "Indeed, Chatham and I were to be in on it, but I do not think the rod was ever taken in order for us to do our parts. Perhaps Dorset and Rochester and the others were too drunk to recall their bits." He snorted with amusement. If Francis had been aware of the lady shagging his cousin, he might have deduced what might have distracted Dorset from filching the rod. Or perhaps he *had* filched the rod. Giving a look to the fellow conspirator, Chatham, he chuckled before addressing the ladies. "Arlington does not part with it easily, so you ladies will have your work to do. It travels with him about, so it is not oft left somewhere unattended."

Charles shared a look with Kingston, and laughed as the vague memories of the planned prank stirred.

"That was an ever-increasingly complex scheme, as I recall. It would not have taken much for them to forget their roles, I think."

He raised his glass to the challenged ladies.

"I shall wish you luck ladies, for as Kingston says it is no small challenge that lies before you. I have no doubt, though, that you have the wit and spirit to see it through."

He drank off what remained of his brandy.

I only hope rumours of our abortive attempt have not queered their pitch.

Anne-Elisabeth suspected that it would take time to acquire another feathered dildo. She shared the Duke’s opinion that it had not come from the New World, but somewhere closer to home. Wherever it originated, it probably had to custom made. Maybe hers would even be bigger than Buckingham’s.

"Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue I possess, but I suppose I have no choice.” Her voice remained deadpan and she resisted the urge to grin impishly. “I will eagerly await the day that you place it in my … hands. I can hardly wait to stroke those feathers.”

She was less enthused over the talk of pranking Arlington, though she wouldn’t pass up the challenge since the gentlemen had given up on it. If the ladies could pull it off, they would prove that women were just as clever and determined as men. The young Countess would not instigate the plan herself, but she would participate if one of the other ladies took the initiative. She had already played a successful prank on him, after all.

Edited by Anne-Elisabeth Devereux

Diana had settled into a quietness, letting the conversation happen around her as she sipped the remains of what would be her last glass of the rum.  As Lord Kingston and the dark-haired Countess spoke there was a small lift in the corner of her lips and her eyebrows lifted at Kingston’s comment regarding large hunters not always killing the beast. She raised her now almost glass in a silent salute of agreement.  Size wasn’t worth much if you didn’t know how to wield it; at least in her opinion.  

Shifting, she sat her glass on the makeshift table.  Had their party decided what they were going to do now? Sliding a glance to Nicolette and then to the King, the French miss had landed quite well on her feet.  

(OOC- Sorry, not much there but wanted to give Nicci a chance, but feel free to summarize Di out)