JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Sign in to follow this  
Hope

OOC: 4 days of easter threads

Hellow bunnikins!

I am creating the Easter threads now, loading the 4 days as a 'batch' - for you to all revel in the extreme historical religiousness of this celebration.  Church services themselves are compulsory, in the age there were even fines for anyone who did not attend CofE services. 

There are the odd evening optional events too. eg. Recite your favourite Bible verse w. The Queen. Booya. 

And also Sunday evenings being typically a family dinners night, these might be rather more extended families gathering over the Easter weekend. Please Liaise with your pc's family's mods to if and how you might like to rp those family dinner threads - for it might be more interesting for some than others. Work that on out! 

Monday will be the last of the super religious days.  (In practical terms, I envisage we dont need to post a great deal to any of those church threads to lock them on in and then move forwards. But if you've got anything religious wise to achieve, do please go for it - carpe dium and all that) 

When Tuesday finally opens for rp, our merry court will be champing at the bit to let their hair down! So please, do join in the fun of needfully repressing the wicked urges until then (though perhaps a few of you shall manage an amoral & irreligious shenanigans thread! Go you!)

🙏

FYI,

Anyone who has not post arriving at the Good Friday Services before the service begun (which was posted today) do not worry - you have mod permission to post being there already (unless you posted past it obviously >.<) 

I am a bit confused. I just started looking forward to the 10th to plan my RP and noticed that April 10th (falling after Good Friday on the 8th) is listed as Palm Sunday. It has been awhile for this lapsed Catholic but as I recall Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter with Easter being the Sunday after Good Friday.

I know Henry VIII changed things with the Catholic Church due to the whole chopping the heads of wives thing but I don’t think he changed things that much. Not to be pedantic (as often said by people who are about to be pedantic) but are the dates as they are written an oversight or am I missing something?

I don't know where it says that Sunday is Palm Sunday on the board, but Sunday is Easter Sunday IC so far as I know!

Jimminey Crickets, did I write good friday as Palm Sunday?  yes its definately Sunday for that. Sorry for any apparent insanities. Common sense must prevail. 

Oh, I think i know what has happened. I am basing the set of easter services on a services rped here years back, and so used the same title, planning on c&ping the ceremonies. Fluff wrote them back when. But now I'm wondering if its what you (CB) say and not easter but the week prior that she wrote. 

I'll have a look back in the archives again tomorrow. When I'm fresh. And ment what needs be mended. 

Apologies