JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

a Skip in his Step | the Strand, 4th April late morning [open]

"Oh... but do be sure to point them out to me, for in my carriage there is still room." George chuckled. By the looks of this batchelor Anne Elizabeth would surely guess that he harboured no aversion to shopping! 

The stroll back to the carriages was certainly enjoyable, Anne-Elizabeth's company the perfect compliment to his mood on this fair day - they amicably chatted about their plans to meet on Wednesday, yet her suggestion of a supportive wave across the room of the lords left George momentarily lost for words. Even his own sister had never said something like that, her words caught at his heart in a way unprecedented.  

A hand, that glittered with jewelled rings, touched the breast of jacket. "Lady Cambray, I would find such a gesture very uplifting indeed, why the very prospect of it has me moved." he uttered in a sonorous tone, there being a vulnerability in his dark eyes at that moment that had not been visible previously in their meet.  Yet the look was brief, and the Earl called back his cheer of the spring day.  "Ah, but here we are." he loosed her arm as they arrived at her carriage (he expected her driver would fuss about with doors and steps for her.) 

"It has been an especially pleasant morning Countess." he bowed with a precision and exactness that was an apt compliment to his manner, "I look forward to our next encounter."

OOC: loved our thread thankyou for joining George! 

“As you wish,” Anne-Elisabeth replied, and pointed out various items she found interesting as they strolled toward their carriage, mostly things that ladies wouldn't look twice at, such as a globe of the world, a book about philosophy from the Far East, and a set of jeweled daggers. Her tastes were not those of the average noblewoman, who would have exclaimed over jewelry and fans and shoes.

Her offer to wave at Lord Chichester affected him in a way she didn't expect and that endeared him to her. That vulnerable look in his eyes touched her heart. I didn't think I had a heart anymore, she mused as it fluttered in her chest, a feeling she had not experienced in a very long time. He has brought it back to life again. The Countess let her own guard down for just a moment and reached out to place her free hand upon his. “It will be my greatest pleasure,” she whispered.

They arrived at her carriage all too soon. “Indeed it has, my lord,” Anne-Elisabeth agreed as he bowed elegantly to her. “And I shall count the days until we meet again.” I won't just count the days, she thought as she stepped into the carriage and sat down. I will count the hours, minutes, and seconds too.

(OOC:  I loved it too.  I never would have expected them to get along so well.)

• Hope locked this topic