JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Best Laid Plans | 3rd April, after church

Davina had mentioned the Queen's confinement before. “Will you be staying with your brother until after the birth or will you still need to remain in the palace?” There was still so much about the strict regulations of court life that Anne-Elisabeth didn't know.

The dark-haired Countess sighed. “I'm too new. I know very few people at the moment, but I hope to remedy that this season. So far, there have not been many opportunities to mingle. I hope that will change. I guess the first one will be the House of Lords. And yes, I would very much like to sit with you."

So Davina and her brother were currently at odds. “Maybe it would be best to see how we get along when you introduce us before I invite the two of you to dinner. If he disapproves of me outright, I wouldn't want you to have to sit through a lecture about the poor quality of the company you keep.

“But enough of that now.” Anne-Elisabeth pushed back her chair and stood up. “Would you like that tour of the house and garden that I promised you?”

(OOC: We could end it here or with your next post and leave them exploring the house. I'd rather not play that out because I'm not ready to describe every room's décor quite yet.)

"I can move freely between the two places yet I suppose I must ready myself to being more at the Palace. My soon to be sister-in-law I do not think would like another female in what is now her's. Even if Baintree would say otherwise He has no understandings of the subtile influences we women use to each other."

"And honestly I have no desire to have any animosity between she and I. And I no little of her nature as it is. Now that you have asked me that I think I shall begin to move things over - you have seen my space at Whitehall so understand that space is limited to that. Heigh Ho."

She agreed at once saying as she too stood

"Of course! I shall happily follow wherever you wish to begin. I am full of curiosities!"

The implications of Davina's brother's marriage finally dawned on Anne-Elisabeth. If his wife didn't care for his sister, then Davina would no longer be able to stay with him. The Countess knew how cruel women could be to each other from her strained relationship with her mother-in-law.

“You may become the best of friends,” she surmised. “I suppose I will meet her too when she becomes my neighbor.” If the woman tried to make trouble for her friend, Anne-Elisabeth would make sure she regretted it for the rest of her days.

“If you want a place to store some of your things, you can leave them here. There are several rooms that are not yet in use and I have plenty of space. I will show them to you.”

And so she took her friend on a tour of the house and the garden, pointing out things of interest along the way.

• Hope locked this topic