Your Stories Await Telling

Admiration Alcove

Hope

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

An insightful sentance from CW - not just of a moment within one thread, but what we are all doing here all the time  

❤️

Writers conjured images and readers stitched the images into their own emotional fabric 

Mountjoy -

“You rang?” he said his low baritone making the statement come out like a rumble.

“There you are Herr Lurch.” Mountjoy stated looking up. With typical German efficiency Lurch was practically invisible in the normal course of his duties (not an easy feat considering his size) but always managed to anticipate his master’s needs and be at hand when needed. 

How did I not catch this when I read it the first time? Kuddos for that tie-in to the orginal tv show "The Addams Family" with Lurch their butler!  :) 

So natrually I googled, could only find this Frau Klebb.  The only comment I can have on that is Charles had better eat everything on his plate, she is not the sort of woman you'd want to cross! 

Chatham   👫 🐴  🎲 🏊‍♀️ 

Sailing backwards through the air, he had just enough time to reflect that he had, in fact, seen this coming and still managed to fall victim to it before he crashed down into the stream.

Bollocks.

"Music Room!"

Frances said perhaps just a bit too quickly. "I mean I'm sure that your creaure must be of a nature unlike those in The Tower or else you would not have it about your person."

Frances found it impossible to imagine that Lady Toledo would think to have that in her bed! 

Having a giggle at Frances Cavandish's reactions over Monkeys :classic_laugh:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lowther approached the desk and smiled at Sir Isaac. "Allow me to inject some rustic northern ways to solving your problem."

He banged his hand down on the counter with such force that the bell bounced and tinkled of its own accord. "Golightly, man, show yourself! Or I will come back there and find you myself!" 

=D>

• 11 months later...

“It’s very strange, is it not? Perhaps the first courtiers who left were bored with all the time spent in Church this weekend and left. Once the precedent had been set, the rest of them followed suit.”

Sophia's comment gave me a good laugh - thankyou! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

She did pull a handkerchief from her bosom (that ever handy storage facility for ladies)

This made me chuckle. Cat at her best. It reminded me of one time when Louis pulled a rose out of... thin air? (He was wearing a very tight outfit at the time iirc).

Edited by Henry Grey

Thanks!
I try to make my characters as historically plausible as I can. When researching for Henry, I went through several branches of Greys, their history, ancestral holdings, etc. Then chose a title that was in abeyance. It made things easier. Codnor Castle I kept after some research. I have a quasi-historical description of it in my scratchpad, which I intend to use as circumstances allow.

14 minutes ago, Douglas FitzJames said:

I can totally see an alternate history where the castle didn't go to the Zouches in 1429 after Henry Grey died without issue, to have the stone sold off to pay their debts, but rather passed through some line to our Henry's family still intact. I like this version better. 

Agreed!