JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Away & Here Notices

Defiance

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its surprisingly debilitating, so many things, from putting on socks to onefingrered left hand typing ;/   handy that we are in a lockdown again, when we open again i think ill have to be closed for a while except for pickups, which sux. no fun hitchiking stories im afraid. 

im going to do a post. forgive me for no capitals, its just too awkward to do.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in so long.  For about a month, there's been a constant film over my right eye, making it very difficult to see.  I've known for about a year that I have a cataract in that eye, so that is likely the cause.  I'm waiting to get my booster shot (in the second week of January) before I go to the eye doctor, so I'm stuck with poor vision for awhile longer.  It's frustrating not being able to post when I have so much inspiration.  On my better days, I will try to write,  but I probably won't be able to post to all my threads at once like I usually do.  I'll post them in the order I received them.  There might also be more typos than usual.  But I will do as much as I can until this annoying problem is solved.

Snap. My dad has cataract surgery booked for the 19th of January, only takes 20 minutes apparently, and the recovery time is fast too. We're all quite excited about it :)

Hope you can get a prompt surgery date sorted for yourself too Amethyst. 

Meanwhile you could try the talk to text thing like I do these days (I just use Google keyboard) . A little simplification like this makes a big difference when you've got a physical struggle on. You'll definitely need to read the screen for proofreading though.

Best wishes

Thanks everyone.  I found out today that just getting an appointment at the eye clinic could take up to six months, so I'm just going to have to learn how to live with it for awhile.  I'm posting again, but please forgive any typos and other errors.  And I can't do them all at once anymore.

Marie, I've never heard of talk to text.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A couple of weeks ago, I  got a toothache.  I hoped it would go away because I absolutely hate going to the dentist, but it just got worse.  So I went,  had a wisdom tooth pulled, and now it's infected.  I'm on antibiotics which make me nauseous.   I will reply to my threads as soon as I start feeling a bit better.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So, I may be a bit early on this, but there's a good chance that I might not be available a few days this week.  Even if Ian doesn't strike Tampa Bay directly, they're still calling for us to get significant damage. I don't want it to hit anywhere and cause damage, so fingers crossed some weird act of weather blows it out.  Hey, a girl can dream...