JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Francis Kirke

"Oh, I think His Majesty has known me long enough that a change in address shall hardly be cause for impress, but it is the unfortunate state of English affairs that a king should need the support of anyone. I had not thought to hear that again, but here we are." He sighed. "And now I know why my uncle was so oft called sacrilegious, because I can think of many things more important than the manner in which a man prays to his almighty that we would all again make such mistakes. I lived my childhood in exile, and my father was hacked apart before he was even of age, and I may yet live to see and do it all over again with my own children to suffer for it."

Because no matter the outcome, everyone suffered. The kingdom had barely recovered and royalty never quite had.

He swallowed.  "But you are correct that I needn't worry about how the King is to receive me. It is more the Presence Chamber I have no desire to bear but that is actually what this show is for...how large of a group I shall muster. My first public appearance is supposed to be telling!" He chuckled.