JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

Musket Practise | 31st December, mid morning- Xmas 1677

His reply made her think that perhaps she was the naive one? She did not quite understand the next level he took it to... so smiled, nodded, before glancing away. "One should never believe everything one reads." was her quiet comment then made.

Book and utmost care was promised, their conversation sliding to opportunity for fun in the role of mischief, which happily resulted in his request of a dance. "Most certainly Lord Melville." she smiled warmly, "might I promise you an unspecified dance, and keep it in a reserve incise I need an excuse to escape some tiresome and tedious conversation." she grinned.

"Oh but I better hurry along!" she then chimed happily enough, moving closer and to tiptoe with her intents to give him a kiss. Natrually she aimed for his lips...

OOC: fin?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"One would be a fool to believe everything one reads, mademoiselle, that is true..." yet there were two sides to every coin. "But also one would be a fool to disbelieve everything one reads". That was also true. "In this particular case, you would find that people would believe what they found convenient to believe, which would not necessarily be the truth..."

Convoluted, yes, but also true, especially at court.

"Of course, mademoiselle Vauquelin. Should you need a knight in shining armour to save you from the dangers of society matrons or odious men, just remind me that I owe you a dance, and I will happily rescue you from them", Duncan said with a glint in his eye and a mock serious tone. "I am, after all, bound by honour to rescue a damsel in distress!"

Nicolette bid her farewells, and attempted to kiss the Lowlander. Right at that moment, though, the viscount stumbled and turned slightly sideways, so that his left cheek was suddenly in front of her lips. Was it an accident? Was it on purpose? It was difficult to know, and Duncan was unlikely to tell... even if he knew, that was.

OOC: Fin, and thank you all for a most entertaining thread!