JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

To Lord Chichester | arrives 30/12- Xmas 1677

Aria

Dear Lord Chichester,

I would like to thank you again for rescuing me after I was robbed the other day and taking me to my aunt's house. If you and your friend had not come to my assistance, I fear they might have killed me. I have enclosed sketches of two of the thieves. I hope that they might help you find them and bring them to justice. My jewelry and money are probably long gone, but I don't think that was what they were after.

While they were taking my valuables, they asked me several times: 'Where is it?' I was so frightened that all I could do was shake my head. I had no idea what they were talking about. Eventually one of them said that I didn't have it and that their master was not going to be pleased. It was at that time that the third thief ran back with the news that you were coming. They shoved me to the ground and ran through the shop.

I told my aunt that I had fallen in the snow so that she would not tell my lord father that I had been attacked. I will eventually have to go back to the weapon shop to commission a gift for him, but I don't think I will feel safe with those thieves still at large. Perhaps I can find someone to go with me.

Thank you again for saving my life and seeing me safely to my aunt's house.

Sincerely,

Lady Thomasina Alasia Faraday

Two drawings on separate sheets of paper accompanied the letter, both of rough-looking young men. The sketches were so realistic they almost seemed to jump off the page. Despite her youth, Lady Tamsin was no amateur when it came to art.

George eyebrows shifted as he read the letter, young ladies knew nothing of subtlety he understood. I suppose I am going to have to volunteer, cannot in conscience allow her to risk life and limb again. he sighed wondering what time it would take.

Collecting up the sketches, he was impressed, and then the bright idea occurred to him and he smiled of it. I have found someone to work with Lady Toledo! It was such a relief when things like that fell into place.

Picking up his quill, he replied

Dear Lady Thomasina,

Thank you for your missive, I am pleased to hear that you are recovering well, though I cannot endorse your keeping the truth from your Aunt. When my own sister was newly loose upon London, I procured her a great hound for protection, and I am pleased to say she was never molested in any way. I would suggest you do the same.

Personally, I would recommend your abandoning thoughts of visiting the weapon smith again, as the area is plainly dodgy, and your comments of the thieves looking for something unfound, implies that she shall continue to stalk the venue, if not you yourself, for they seemed particularly interested in yourself rather than the shop itself. I suggest taking great caution with any outing you plan, and preferably in the company of your Aunt and her attendants, that are surly able to drive off these scurrilous fellows.

Yet if you are bent upon it, then may I offer my services instead. Please advise me what exactly you are looking for, and I shall visit the weapon smith and make the procurement.

Your servant

Chichester

He was unsettled about his position, by going along with her deciet he made himself accountable to both the Aunt and her Father. He already had one young womans death on his hands.

So it was he collected up a second sheet of paper, adressing it to her Aunt...

My Lady,

I George Hardwick, Earl of Chichester, feel honor bound to divulge recent events to you, events that include your Niece Lady Tamsin.

My fellow and I were at the weapons smith, when ...

[an account of what happened]

...until finally I was able to deliver her back to your house.

You as her aunt shall be alarmed I am sure. I believe it was partially out of desire not to distress you that she wished to keep the truth of those events from you, for fear that she would be sent away from London. To be honest my lady, had I a charge of her age, my first impulse would also be to send her home. London in these days is fraught with dangers, with mobs and dangers at every turn.

I do wonder though if a compromise may be found, if perhaps the young Lady Tamsin swears to not wander off into London alone, but keeps to your side, visiting places that are both becoming and safe for ladies of quality. But this is a decision you need make for yourself.

Meanwhile, I wish to make mention of the calibre of art produced, while I did not see the men myself, I dare say that her drawings are acurate renditions. Such a talent is worth encouraging.

Kind regards

Chichester

He felt far more comfortable after sending the letter to her Aunt. If anything happened to the young woman, he could not blame himself. Not this time.

Archived