JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

The challenge of 5 Gold Rings | 24th Afternoon@Saint Marks- Xmas 1677

Hope

Cordelia suggested future planning for the Marquises sons. "Hmm... a contract to an future date, some three of four years hence. In which case the elegible girls might currently be 12 or 13, which makes then a few years younger than their future husbands which is apt. I have seldom seen a successful pairing in an elder bride to the husband. Would that be your experience also?"

As to Earls and Viscounts, Cordelia then had an idea: that the Ball would serve as a forum for information gathering and assessing. "M-hmm, m-hmm... yes more insight to the personalities we are dealing with could never go amiss, forewarned is forearmed as they say. And perhaps opportunity to talk to the children's guardians shall avail?" By children, Constance meant the eligible singles.

Cordelia agreed that such things as an older wife/younger husband made for a bad arrangement and so it was best to ensure that any future contracts they might help arrange be done the normal way.

"I am so glad that we are in agreement Constance. And I must say that your calling has quite revived me - why I feel that Success shall surely be found! Well, we can certinaly approach any Parents that would be willing to speak thusly, and yet we must put aside those accolades that are too profusive."

"Every Hen thinks her Chick is the best after all and I think we should first concentrate on the girls themselves. Let us see what is available from the Company, pick the ones that show Promise, and then begin to match - on paper at first - adding in useful things that will lead to the pairings of the couples."

"Now - shall we set a time for us to meet at the Ball? I will need to prepare as I am sure you do so let us not be too early in arriving!"

The ladies had certainly found one affinity; that of their own mutual enjoyment of such things. It seemed that the new friendship was progressing very well with this joining of efforts. Discarding her napkin, "Furthermore you set a fine afternoon tea Cordelia." Yes the ladies were firmly set now on a first name basis.

"Together you think? Or shall you take the girls, and I approach the gentlemen? Hmm... though I must say that the prospect of interviewing them together is rather appealing." the crinkles on her face deepened with her smile, and with a little titter as she considered, "I think we are beyond arriving 'fashionably late' though however. I should like to be there before the drinking starts in full earnest and one cant get a sensible word out of anyone, perhaps a little after seven then? In any case, I shall look out for you."

OOC: Fab progress! Shall we wrap on this soon and post the ladies to the Ball?

She nodded at the Complement for it was True after all!

"I think it more efective in the beginning to be together - that way we can each add in what was observed or heard - that the other might have missed. We must not be too heavy-handed once out of the gate after all yet I do think it would provide some unity."

"Indeed! I am sure that those other 'Ladies' will have taken up the benches and a chair or two from the start no doubt busy with their own schemes I'll wager."

"I shall arrive half past the start Constance that way there should be quite the number already present. And once we have arranged out own position it shall commence."

The fact that they had managed to agree and plan was a testimate to the combined strength and stubborness of both Ladies.

Yes,things were indeed lookin up!

(ooc: Onward to the Ball!)

She was pleased to hear Cordelia was in agreement they start off together (partly for what it implied of their budding friendship), Constance whole hearted-ly concurred. "Though I doubt others schemes as well planned out as our own. Most people are so haphazard, why, as if they expect proposals and good matches to fall from the ceiling." They on the other hand...

"It shall be a delight." her own maid (Martha) assisted the woman from her seat, her knees were not what they used to be, especially on low chairs like this divan. There was all the usual fuss and verbiage of polite farewells, before Lady Dunmoore managed her exeunt.

Stood in the hallway, she said to nobody in particular. "Well, I think that went rather well."

OOC: See you there!

Archived