JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

The Opera | Evening 24/12- Xmas 1677

Defiance

John and Sophia

Sophia's melancholy lessened as John continued to praise the opera. They will remember, she thought. It was too glorious to be easily forgotten. As for whether she would receive more gifts, only time would tell. “I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as you did. Master Cole and Master Greyson are brilliant together. I would not be surprised if they become famous for their collaborations and they will certainly go down in history for writing and composing the first opera in the English language.”

His sister must have her pyramid. “That will be fine. I just need it before the ball. I will leave it with Anna outside the ballroom and then collect it when I am ready to present it to her. “Tonight is all but over,” she remarked sadly, “but it was amazing while it lasted.” She took out the tiara and placed it atop her platinum curls and lifted the flowers from the box.

“I should go to my lord husband now.” Sophia glanced around the theatre, but she did not see him. “He will probably be ready to go home.” The young singer was not ready to go home herself. She would rather celebrate the opera's success, but it looked as if she was the only person in attendance who felt that way.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John and Sophia

“Yes. I’m sure they w-w-will. And Lady Kendishall had her share t-t-too.” John hadn’t forgotten any of them. And with the exception of Greyson, who’d run off to Italy, he’d made sure they’d all get something. He’d arranged a bit of activity for them too, in the hopes it would soothe the post-play doldrums. “It’s a g-g-glorious thing you’ve all done.” John said. He seemed less excited now but no less pleased or happy.

John nodded to handing things off. John was surprised that everyone was quietly heading home too. The tradition, at least in the country theaters, was that the actors and audience all came out and mingled. Sometimes the actors came directly off the stage pretending to be characters. John had observed it was often riotous and alcohol soaked. But perhaps London was different.

John nodded. He thought to tell her to embrace him to ward off rumors she was aiming for someone else… but he still felt that would be too forward. “I’ll see you t-t-tomorrow.” John said with a smile.

And with that John turned to either find his family or find they’d left and depart on his own.

OOC: And unless there’s something more, I think that’s it for John. Thanks for the great show!

John and Sophia

“The orchestra was outstanding. I will be sure to congratulate Lady Kendishall when she comes for tea on Sunday, if I do not see her before then.” Sophia lowered her voice to a whisper. “In Venice, sometimes the orchestra was either a bit ahead or a bit behind me and I had to adjust my pace to theirs. It was not hard, but it could be a bit frustrating.”

There wasn't much more to say. Esteban was probably looking for her. “Yes, I will see you tomorrow.” She grinned mischievously. “I look forward to speaking with you in my native tongue.”

Sophia watched his retreating back for a few moments, and then went in search of her husband.

~finis~ for me too. I believe. Thanks to everyone for an awesome thread!

Archived