JOIN OUR GAME!

Your Stories Await Telling

One Night in Camelot

Guest John Bramston

Eleanora didn't protest when he pulled her into his arms. There was nowhere else she would rather be and if he felt like holding her, then he couldn't be hurt too badly. She knew how brutal Sir Wolfhelm was. Once she found one of her handmaidens crying in the corridor and she had told her that the knight had been sent to intimidate her father, a farmer who had supposedly lied about the state of his harvest, thus cheating his King out of his share. He had been beaten so severely that he wasn't expected to survive.

The handmaiden had disappeared a few days later, and when Eleanora had asked about her, she had been told that she had been dismissed for stealing. The entire family vanished and a man loyal to her grandfather had been been given the farm as a reward for his service. She had heard other tales of Sir Wolfham's cruelty but none of the others had touched her personally. Now that King Arthur was aware of his true nature, she hoped he would be punished severely, maybe even exiled.

She smiled when Johan nuzzled her hand. “I am unharmed.” Snuggling close to him, she kissed his neck lightly. “I'm sorry you had to go through that. My grandfather is a ruthless man and his men are not worthy to be called knights. The one who hurt you is one of the worst. He tried to force himself on me once, but I managed to escape. I was so afraid that he would ...”

Eleanora shook her head, unable to put her fears into words. The love and pride in his eyes did much to ease her anxiety, and his kiss drove everything from her mind but him and the lovely way he made her feel. Sir Wolfham was behind her now, both literally and figuratively. Johan was her future and she loved him with every fiber of her being.

She blushed when he said he was special and that he was lucky to have her. “It is I who am lucky to have you,” she countered. “You have done so much for me tonight. I am glad I was able to return the favor. I'm still not sure how I did it.” Eleanora's magic was as much a mystery to her as it was to him. His had been thrust upon him, but hers had been inherited. Whether her gift was strong or weak remained to be seen, as well as how much control she would have over it. Maybe she would only be able to cast spells when she felt threatened or maybe she would learn to use it much as Johan used his.

He clasped his hands over hers and she leaned over and kissed the back of his knuckles. At first he seemed at a loss for words, and Eleanora realized that he hadn't known exactly how badly she had been treated until he experienced firsthand the brutality of her grandfather's men. He promised that she would have a better life now, with him, and she smiled up at him. “My life changed for the better the moment I met you,” she told him, “although I didn't know it at the time. Now I can't imagine ever living without you. I know adjusting to a new way of life won't be easy and there will be challenges along the way, but we will overcome them together.”

Sliding upon his lap, she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I think we were always meant to be together, you and I. And I hope that I can make you as happy as you have made me. You are my world and I wouldn't want it any other way.” Pressing her curves against him, she punctuated her words with a deep and passionate kiss.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John smiled as she showered small affections on him. Her warmth and softness relaxed him even if it didn’t heal. She spoke, and he might have said some sweet sentiment, that he never minded to suffer to protect her, but then she revealed new depths. Johan was utterly shocked and physically froze up. He took Eleanora by the arms and looked at her in shocked disbelief.

Then he pulled her into his arms and squeezed her so tightly it hurt. “You’re safe now.” He promised. “I w-w-will kill him.” Johan continued angrily, “And guh-give you the sword that… tasted his b-b-blood.” Johan was considered levelheaded, merciful, and forgiving for a Saxon. But he was still a Saxon and neither her grandfather nor Sir Wolfhelm would survive.

Johan smiled widely at Eleanora’s compliments and leaned in to kiss her once more. “I w-w-would do more, freely and gluh-glady, for you.” He replied. As to magic, “We will d-d-discover more about you in time. And you will… be able to pruh-practice safely where I do.” It was a private spot for this was a secret for both of them. Still, just being able to explore her natural talents without fear would allow her to develop more quickly.

Johan suspected, loved and safe and free from fear, Eleanora would discover all sorts of new things about herself. He looked forward to seeing her change and grow and come to love her life. There were many happy days and hot nights ahead of them.

Johan nodded solemnly as she spoke of challenges and overcoming them together. But before the mood could become too somber she wrapped herself around him and slid onto his lap. Johan winced and shifted her to sit on the leg that hadn’t been kicked only. He smiled at her to let her know all was well and held her tightly to make up for her somewhat shakier balance.

He smiled at her sweet words. Johan leaned into her kiss but let her lead. When she pulled back he smiled lustily, his desires clear as a shiver ran down his spine. His voice was breathy, “ You were m-m-made for me… Eleanora. Your smuh-smile is my joy, your heart my t-t-treasure, your buh-body my lust.”

“And in all three you w-w-will indulge me endlessly.” Johan leaned in for another long kiss, his hand easily slipping beneath her skirt and beginning to run up her leg. It slowly walked its way from ankle to knee and beginning to move up the thigh… “W-w-won’t you?” He said playfully.

Maybe she shouldn't have told him that Sir Wolfhelm had tried to rape her. It would have come out eventually, but she could have waited until he recovered from his injuries. Now he was in pain both physically and emotionally, and Eleanora winced at the shock and disbelief in his eyes. “I threatened to tell my grandfather and he let me go.” The king would have never forgiven his favorite knight if he had debauched the granddaughter he planned to marry off for political gain. The odious man would probably have lost his life.

It looked like his days were numbered anyway. She nestled in his arms as Johan vowed to kill him. If she didn't know him so well, she would have cowered from the fierceness in his voice. She knew, though, that his anger was not directed at her and that he would, indeed, keep her safe from now on. No one would ever hurt her again. It was difficult to believe that she would be cherished instead of abused.

She wrinkled her nose at the notion of being given his bloodied sword. Was that a Saxon tradition and would refusing insult his honor? Eleanora could barely hold a sword, and she didn't want anything to remind her of Sir Wolfhelm. She would be perfectly content just to witness his death so that she would be sure that he would never hurt anybody ever again. Both he and her grandfather deserved to die. Before tonight, she would have never considered such things, but Johan's love had changed her irrevocably and Eleanora was glad of it.

“You have a special place to practice magic?” she asked. “Where no one will ever see us?” She couldn't help fearing discovery considering what had happened to her own mother. Apparently, Saxons feared magic as well. Eleanora had hoped they would be more accepting of it. If she and Johan could use it in a positive way, maybe their views would change. “Do you think I could use my magic to heal?” she asked him. That would definitely be a use for it that people would appreciate.

And she would also be able to relieve some of Johan's pain, if not all of it. She noticed the way he flinched when she slid upon his lap and how he shifted her to the leg that had not been injured. Afraid of hurting him more, she was about to slip back beside him, but his smile was reassuring and if he liked her there, she would stay. Her perch was a bit precarious, yet he held her securely and with her arms around his neck, there was no danger of her falling onto the floor of the cart.

Maybe it was a bit bold of her to initiate such a passionate kiss, but he seemed to enjoy it, which encouraged her and intensified her desire. His eloquent words of loved sent a white-hot thrill racing down her spine, and more tantalizing sensations blossomed through her newly awakened body when he kissed her and his fingers began to climb up her leg. “Of course I will,” she answered, a saucy smile turning up the corners of her lips. One hand slid between them to gently whisper over the bulge in his breeches. “I will indulge you forever and satisfy your every desire. I am yours, now and always.”

Johan would have hated Wolfhelm even more if he'd actually committed the crime. But the fact she'd escaped didn't make him hate the knight less. He was glad she'd shared it with him though. It had hurt him but he wanted to share her pains and ease them where he could.

Johan's pledge was a barbarous gesture of revenge. Eleanora had run away with a Saxon after all. Such passionate displays were considered manly. The symbolism of giving her the sword seemed potent to him. But he noticed her small wrinkle and looked down as if bemused, "D-d-do you not want it?" He was still going to kill them, and his rage simmered about that, but this was not a weighty matter.

“I have a p-p-place to be alone. A fuh-forest where no one c-c-can find me.” It was a bit more than a forest. It was the old home of the fairy who’d kidnapped Johan. After he’d killed her he’d become the master of the place. It was there his powers were at their greatest. The place was his domain. “While we are there… we’ll b-b-be safe.”

“And no one will question… us d-d-disappearing frequently or cuh-coming back exhausted.” He smiled and kissed her lightly. Nor would every time they disappeared be for magic practice.

“Yes.” Johan said simply to her being a healer, gently stroking her back as she stayed close. “Is that what you w-w-want?” Johan let admiration for the goal shine through his eyes.

Johan expected boldness. He held an ideal of female fidelity not chastity. If Eleanora never made demands of him or initiated Johan would think himself unattractive or Eleanora frigid.

But she did make him feel ever so desired and loved. Johan smiled in reply shifting pleasurably as her hand slid over the bulge in his pants. A pleasant shiver ran through his body at even the slight touch.

“Oh, I have an awful l-l-lot of desires.” His hand slipped up over the knee and began to run over the top of her thigh, riding up her dress to do so. “You know, we’re g-g-going to be alone back here. And alone t-t-tonight in the cabin. And tuh-tomorrow there’s nothing that needs… to be d-d-done.” Everyone would be travelling or recovering. He smiled mischievously as his shaking hand began to approach her hips. “Every one?”

“Yes, I think I would like to have it,” she answered a bit hesitantly. It was important that she accept Saxon ways and the more she thought of it, the more appealing it sounded. Whenever she remembered how he had attacked both Johan and herself, Eleanora could look at the sword and remember his death. Her lilting voice took on a hard edge. “And I should like the sword that takes my grandfather's life as well.” That particular weapon would remind her that her mother's senseless death had been avenged at last.

Was this forest where he could not be found enchanted? It seemed likely, given what she had seen so far of his magic. She had no idea that it was the place where he had been ensorcelled, but thought that he had cast a spell on it to make it invisible himself. She smiled saucily when he claimed that no one would question them if they came back exhausted. Sometimes it was fairly easy to read his mind. The thought of making love in a magical forest delighted her. “So practicing my magic will exhaust me?” she teased him. “I do hope I have energy left over for other pursuits.”

Eleanora nodded when he asked if she wanted to use her magic to heal. “Yes, I think that is what I wish to concentrate on. I would like to learn how to heal both with magic and without it. It is a skill that will benefit all of your people and it will show them that magic is not necessarily evil.” It also might help her find acceptance as a foreigner among Saxons. Most of all, she would be able to relieve some of Johan's pain, or maybe all of it once she became proficient with her magical abilities.

His reaction to her bold touch excited her. Giving him pleasure, she was discovering, was every bit as tantalizing as receiving it, maybe even more so. She knew she still had a lot to learn, but he would teach her everything she needed to know to please him. Never would she know another man's touch, nor would she ever wish to. Her heart, her body, and her soul belonged to him, now and forevermore.

Another thrill rippled down her spine as his hand moved higher and she moaned in pleasure, letting her head fall back against his shoulder. She continued to stroke him, gently and a bit tentatively, remembering what he had said about that part of him being sensitive.

Her eyes widened when he suggested that they satisfy their passions in the cart. Was he not afraid that somebody might hear them and pull back the covering to make certain they were all right? As his hand moved inexorably toward her hip, her inhibitions began to disappear as lovely sensations danced through her small form. And if he distracted her on the ship, maybe her fear of water would be pushed to the back of her mind as well. His touch was irresistibly distracting.

““I think I have a lot of desires too,” she purred, “desires I have not yet discovered.”

Johan nodded as she asked for the swords. He kissed her gently. There was not the usual lust or glee in these but they were still loving. “They w-w-will be yours, my love.” He promised with terrible conviction.

Eleanora had given herself to him body and soul. Johan intended to enjoy both to their fullest extents and made no secret of that. “Oh, I have some p-p-pursuits you’ll find stimulating.” The hand not under her dress curled to tug at her clothes gently. “And relaxing…”

Johan smiled, “As you wish.” He kissed her lightly. Eleanora did have a better chance of becoming a beloved healer among Saxons. They still remembered magic could be used for good. But it was unknown and hard to control. That led to suspicion and fears. Perhaps Eleanora would win the acceptance she craved. Certainly the Saxons felt no love for the law demanding they turn over magic users for execution. It was one of King Arthur’s laws and the Saxons hated submitting to the Britons.

Johan inhaled sympathetically with Eleanora’s moan. He too loved to give pleasure as well as receive. His cock began to harden under her hand. “T-t-take it out.” He said breathily. Johan didn’t care much for discretion. Besides, Emma had seduced him and then Johan had arranged for them to be very much alone. The results were not surprising.

She had her own desires. Johan smiled widely. “I w-w-want to know them all.” His hand began to move between her legs, fingers walking down. A step of the fingers punctuated, “Every, single, one.”

His hand moved to cup and gently stroke Eleanora. He breathed heavily in her ear, “I want you to wake me each muh-morning with a kiss and a fantasy until… I know your desires and lusts as well as my own.” A single finger slipped to the top to draw lazy circles around clitoris. “I want to know your muh-mind, even- especially the d-d-dirty parts, as well as I’ll know your body.”

His gentle kiss told her that he was pleased with her answer. Eleanora wasn't certain what she would do with the swords. What did the Saxons do with the weapons of their enemies? Did they use them or did they display them like trophies? When they reached Johan's castle, she would pay attention to the décor. Maybe there were swords hanging on the walls. She really didn't know what to expect of his home, but as long as he was with her, she would adapt. Eleanora was young and not set in her ways. Learning to live in a new environment would not be difficult.

Or so she hoped. She was worried about what his people would think of her when her true identity was revealed. Would they accept a foreign princess more quickly than a Briton? She knew she would have to gain their trust. No matter how loyal they were to their lord, she would still be a stranger in their midst, at least at first. Everything was moving so fast. This morning, she had awakened fearing the feast and being betrothed to a man of her cruel grandfather's choosing. Now she was in love with a Saxon and embarking upon a new adventure that would forever change her life.

She laughed when he tugged at her gown. He had told her that it would turn back into a blanket at midnight. Hopefully, there would be a place to change into the gown she had brought when it did. Although she didn't think it mattered. She would likely not be wearing it for long.

“Oh?” she asked with feigned innocence when he spoke of other stimulating pursuits. “And what would those be?” Eleanora knew, of course, but she couldn't resist a bit of playful taunting.

She could feel his cock hardening beneath her touch and when he told her to take it out, she didn't hesitate. Unfastening his breeches, she released it from its prison, continuing to stroke it gently with both hands. She liked its warmth and its texture and most of all, she loved the way it felt inside her. Just thinking about it set her body afire with passion, the flames burning brightest at the apex of her thighs as his fingers whispered up her leg. Her inner muscles contracted in anticipation and when he began to stroke her clitoris, wetness blossomed beneath his fingers. More silvery thrills careened through her body, and she could barely concentrate on his words.

“I have never felt desire before tonight,” she confessed. “I don't know what I want yet.” Removing her hand from his cock, she shifted position so that she was straddling him, hiking up her skirt so that she could rub her bare flesh against him. What a delectable and enthralling sensation! She kissed him deeply, running her fingers through his hair. “But when I do, you will be the first … and only one … to ever know.”

If all went as planned from here on out the couple would be in a cabin on the ship at midnight. And if all went as Johan hoped she would be out of her gown and wearing other sheets.

What stimulating activities? Johan grinned mischievously. “Fucking.” He pecked her on the lips.

Johan inhaled sharply when she touched skin to his cock and let out a lusty breath as she stroked him. He lost his sense of the world except warm softness stroking his member and a wetness dripping onto his fingers. Eleanora spoke and he smiled. He almost objected when she let go. She began to shift. Realizing what was happening Johan’s hand slipped over her hip to take a firm grasp of her full bottom.

For a moment his senses seemed to return but then she pressed her flesh against him. The friction and stimulation moved Johan to moan. His other hand came up and tugged her low bust line over her ample breasts. He pressed into her kiss and took hold of her nipple, tugging and tweaking it gently. He looked up at her with a loving, needy look, asking her to lower herself, to bring the pleasure he craved.

They were past the point of words. Eleanora might not know her desires yet but she would discover them in his arms and her dreams. And for the moment, both of them had a very plain and immediate one to fulfill.

Eleanora was a bit taken aback at the word he used to describe what he wished to show her. Nobody had used profanity when conversing with her before, although she had often overheard people cursing, particularly in the village where her grandfather was despised for his despotic rule. She would be a gentle, forgiving Queen when she inherited his kingdom.

She grinned impishly when Johan kissed her. “Magic and fucking,” she mused, tasting the forbidden word on her lips. Nothing was forbidden to her now that she had escaped her grandfather's clutches. “What more could I wish for?”

His sharp intake of breath told Eleanora that she was not hurting him, but that he enjoyed the way her fingers whispered up and down his shaft. Just as she savored the pleasurable feelings that consumed her as he stroked her sensitive clitoris. With little concept of foreplay, she knew of only one way to quench the flames that had set her body ablaze with desire, which was why she hiked up her skirt and rubbed herself against him.

Eleanora's moans joined Johan's as he gripped her bum and pulled down the bodice of her dress to tug softly on one of her nipples. Her breasts ached for his touch, and she arched her back and reached between them, taking his cock into her hands and gliding it inside her. Once more, it filled her completely with its warmth and she instinctively began to slide up and down and back and forth, surrendering all thought and giving herself up to the exquisite sensations spiraling through her body.

Johan had full well guessed the effect the word would have. He was delighted by her reply. He wanted to introduce her to every dirty pleasure he knew and discover new ones with her.

Eleanora’s moans and squirms said she wanted the same. She was deliciously eager to please and what she lacked in subtlety or experience she made up for in enthusiasm. Johan gasped as he entered her then let out a long moan. Almost immediately she began to work him up and down and Johan moaned again.

He was overwhelmed by the sensation of Eleanora’s motion. He gasped and squirmed under her. He tugged on her nipple with one hand and his other came up to grab and squeeze her other breast. Overwhelmed by sensation he buried his head in the valley of her bosom. He still breathed heavily and inhaled sharply with each slide. Soft moans whispered when she pulled away.

His brain addled and filled with love and lust he began to plant small kisses on her collar and the top of her breasts, his twitch moving his head sometimes.

Eleanora rode him tentatively at first, her movements a bit awkward from lack of experience. She wasn't sure if she was doing it right, but she knew what felt good and the way he moaned and writhed beneath her encouraged her. When she bounced up and down, his cock hit the back walls of her womb, resulting in an explosion of excruciating pleasure that was different than what she had felt before. She placed her hands on his shoulders for balance but did not put any pressure on them, afraid that she might hurt him. Instead, she used her knees, braced against the seat of the cart, for to facilitate the jouncing motion.

Her confidence growing, Eleanora pulled him in as deeply as possible until she was practically sitting down on him. Now she began sliding back and forth. This caused a delectable friction and stimulated her sensitive little pearl, the main source of a woman's pleasure. Her eyes widened as thrills undulated up and down her spine, increasing the exquisite sensations dancing through her body. Her ardor intensified as he continued to tug on her nipple and squeezed her other breast. Every part of her was on fire and she could feel the pressure building inside her again.

She began to move faster now, alternating between bouncing up and down and sliding back and forth. Everything she did felt so good, so right, so perfect, and she could tell by the way he buried his head in her ample cleavage and moaned that he was feeling much the same way she was. Oh how she loved him, how she wanted him, how she longed for the joy that no one else could ever give her!

Eleanora gasped as a sudden wave of ecstasy tore through her body. It didn't hurt this time and she felt as if she were flying, soaring to a place of delight from which she never wished to return. Higher and higher and higher …

“Oh Johan!” she gasped, continuing her tantalizing onslaught as more waves of pleasure burst within her. It was every bit as exciting as the first time, and she rather liked being in control.

Johan moved with her but he surrendered the lead. His only wish was for her to go faster and soon she was comfortable enough she did. Before there had been… gravity to it. He had been taking her virginity. But this was shorn of all that. There was only them, only sexual pleasure, union, connection.

His body tingled and his spine felt shivers as his cock was nearly overwhelmed by warm, pleasurable friction. She was his pleasure and his world and, freed from everything else, he lost all technique. He had only his base instinct and his emotion and soon felt pressure building. Far sooner than he might have otherwise.

But then Eleanora gasped and he felt a clenching around him. As he was that sent him entirely over his own edge and he gasped, surprised and amazed. He did again and again as his cock emptied into her, pressing his face into her chest with a desperation born of the strong and pungent emotions of good sex.

Johan breathed heavily. There was a sheen of sweat. A heat. A flush. He grabbed her head and kissed her.

The kiss was fierce, animalistic. It broke and he kissed her again, slower and more romantic. He began to breathe a bit more easily, “Eleanora.” He breathed out in a tone filled equally with love and sexual satisfaction.

Eleanora was quickly blossoming into a sexual partner rather than a shy virgin to be initiated.

Johan loved that about her. He loved everything about Eleanora.

He reached down to hold her legs, straddled as she was over him. He looked like he was about to say something but his breath was still a bit heavy. He just exhaled and leaned back. He smiled at her appreciatively.

His gasps of pleasure were like music to Eleanora's ears, the sweetest music she had ever heard. She felt the warm spurt of his seed spill into her, which sent even more euphoric sensations pulsing through every fiber of her being. Although she wished her climax would last forever, eventually the glorious feelings began to ebb, and she slowed down, removing her hands from his shoulders and running her fingers through his hair.

When he lifted his head and drew her into a forcefully passionate kiss, she trembled in pleasure and her movement ceased. Her breasts pressed firmly against his chest. This was where she belonged, joined together with him in the most intimate of ways. As she had many times before, she marveled at the path her life had taken in the space of less than a day. If anyone had told her this morning that she would be running away with a Saxon and making love to him in a cart by nightfall, she would have laughed in their face.

Before she had met Johan, she'd had no concept of sex and had never felt the slightest hint of desire. Even when Sir Wolfhelm had tried to force himself on her, she hadn't really known what he planned to do to her, only that it was wrong and that he disgusted her. Johan had awakened her and showed her the meaning of love, and maybe that was why she was not shy about expressing her ardor for him. She had no inhibitions to overcome. Without a mother to educate her, she had been innocent even in thought.

He broke his kiss and captured her mouth again, this time more leisurely. Eleanora loved the sound of her name on his lips, and she grinned at him, love shining in her ice-blue eyes. She was about to roll off of him, but he held her legs in place and in truth, she was perfectly content to stay where she was, even though her knees ached a bit from being pressed against the back of the seat. “Do you plan on keeping me here until we reach your ship?” she asked, her voice a contented purr.

Their first lovemaking had been gentle, intimate but ultimately cautious. Johan had wanted to initiate her with care. Given the lead Eleanora had become vigorous and Johan felt deliciously exhausted from the short but passionate session. His thoughts were not all coherent and as she purred down contentedly he smiled, “I intend to k-k-keep you here… forever.” He kissed her lips briefly again.

He was unaware of any knee pain but his grip wasn’t too tight. She could shift fairly freely- just not away from him.

One of his hands came up to move a few loose strands, knocked away by her vigor, from her face. He smiled a contented, happy little smile, and looked at her with love. His hand ran down his cheek, “We have half an hour, m-m-maybe more, until we’re… at muh-my ship.” His hand slipped behind her and slowly pulled her to press against him, exposed breasts and bare skin below her dress firmly against him in a tight snuggle.

He nuzzled in against her, his head against hers, twitching from time to time. “What d-d-do you want to do?” Perhaps they could just stay like this, quietly delighting in the warmth of each other’s bodies. Or maybe she had questions. He didn’t much care. It seemed like everything she did with him was a joy and a pleasure.

Once they were on the boat there would be some medicine to tend to his wounds and her bruises. And then a bed where he might teach her new pleasures and more of her body. But for the moment, they had to wait.

“Good,” she said, her smile mirroring his. “Because I don't plan on going anywhere for a long long time.” She was speaking of the future as well as the present. Eleanora's life and his were connected now and she would stay with him until the last breath left her body, which she hoped was many years away, when her face was full of wrinkles and her hair completely white.

She was still a bit worried about what would happen when her grandfather found them, but she trusted Johan to take care of her and she didn't think even her grandfather's mercenary knights would be any match for the Saxons, if what she had heard about them was true.

They had not tried to defend their lord when he was attacked, but that was probably because they knew that they would be severely punished … perhaps even executed … if they raised their swords against King Arthur's knights. In their own territory, there would be no such restrictions and she believed they would defend Johan to the death. Whether they would extend the same protection to her was impossible to predict. Perhaps by the time her grandfather caught up with them, she would have enough control over her own magic to defend herself.

His kiss drove all worries from her mind, and she smiled as he brushed a few damp strands of hair from her face and pulled her close so that her bare skin was pressed once more against his. Her desire awakened again, but Eleanora was too exhausted to do anything about it right now. There would be time for him to teach her more about the art of lovemaking. They had an entire lifetime ahead of them.

The pain in her knees was becoming worse. Raising her hips so that he slipped out of her, she arranged herself comfortably on his lap, making no attempt to tidy either her clothing or his. “I think I should like to learn to fight,” she replied when he asked her what she wanted to do. “Not now, of course, but when we get to your castle. Will you teach me how to use a sword?”

Johan nuzzled against her, pleased by her reply. Thoughts of future battles and wars were distant. There had been a more Machiavellian motive to all this, that he would be a king. But her realm had come to the Saxon through a woman who was quickly taking over both his heart and his desires. There were still things to discuss about their life, about their deaths, but for the moment they were young and happy and in love.

Johan inhaled slightly as he slipped out of her. It was sensitive and the cool air felt different than resting against her warmth. But soon they pressed against each other. Johan didn’t mind the stains or slight chill of night air. He got his warmth by pulling Eleanora tightly to him.

Johan’s hands slid along her as she shifted into his lap then wrapped around her and pulled her curled form into his chest. He shook gently and his head still moved from time to time but he came around her and nuzzled against her, touching his head to hers. His hands came around her knees, still bare from her skirt being pushed up, and her still covered back.

He was just as happy with this as he’d been before. So long as she was close.

John grinned saucily at her request, “Haven’t I b-b-been?” He pulled her into another kiss, sensual but in a more casual way. When he came out of it he was smiling at the joke he couldn’t resist, “Yes, of c-c-course. And when you’re b-b-better than me I can get you a… teacher.” Johan was truthfully not a great fighter.

“Is there anything else, b-b-beloved Eleanora?” Johan asked. One of his fingers traced idle shaky shapes against the outside of her thigh. He still felt desire but he would need some time before he’d be ready again. And besides, he was tired and satisfied from the vigor of just a few moments ago.

Eleanora didn't notice the cool breeze. Usually she was sensitive to cold temperatures but the heat from their lovemaking still lingered and Johan held her so close that she was enveloped in his warmth. There was a bit of stickiness between her legs, but it didn't bother her. As long as she was curled up in his embrace, she was perfectly content.

She nestled against him, wrapping one arm around his neck. The other one softly stroked his cheek and the contours of his chin, moving downwards over his chest until it came to rest on the hand he had placed around her knees. Eleanora was accustomed to his shaking by now and when his head twitched toward hers, she lifted her own and kissed him.

“No, you haven't,” she insisted when he claimed he had already been teaching her how to use a sword. The joke was lost on her, as she had never heard a man's naughty bits described in that way. Confusion touched her fair features. She knew that she must be missing something.

He did agree to teach her and to find another instructor when her skills surpassed his. Now she felt a bit guilty because she had not even considered that his condition would limit his fighting ability. It was perhaps fortunate that he possessed magic. He always had a way to defend himself. “I doubt I will ever become better than you. I do not even know if I will be able to lift a sword. They look so heavy.”

Another silvery thrill meandered down her spine as he stroked her thigh and she writhed a bit on his lap, her hip brushing against his cock. “I would like to have your child,” she said after a brief moment of thought. “Maybe our first son will be conceived tonight, right here in the cart. A child of two worlds who will grow up with the best of both of them.”

Johan was happy to nuzzle in as she wrapped herself around him in turn. He made a soft noise of contentment and smiled at her kiss. He leaned over and planted a kiss on her cheek.

He laughed at her insistence and squeezed her softly. His hand came up to run through her hair lightly, “Yes, I have.” John said back with mock insistence. He leaned in to whisper in her ear. In a low breathy tone, “Twice.”

“It w-w-wouldn’t be hard.” Johan didn’t seem overly concerned with his personal combat abilities. He did lead troops but rarely fought himself. And he was fortunate in that regard. He’d returned to his people just after their defeat meant they were dealing with being subjects. That called for a more diplomatic than military skill set.

“There are thuh-things I c-c-can’t do, or can’t do… well. If that b-b-bothers you…” Then she’d made a mistake running off with him. Or more likely, he'd made a mistake. Even if they fell out of love Johan wasn't going to beat her. But he wanted her to love him. Still, he looked at her, uncertain, wanting assurance of that love.

John shuddered slightly as she moved and ran his hand along the line of her jaw. She asked for children. Johan immediately hugged her very tightly, “I w-w-want to wait until this b-b-business with your family and kuh-kindom is finished.” He didn’t want her pregnant, or worse to have a baby be in danger. “Then I w-w-want you to bear me as many children as you can. Boys and guh-girls. I’ll love them all.”

Johan wanted a full, happy home. He hoped his children had their mother's looks and lacked his... less advantageous features though.

“Ohhhh.” Eleanora understood what he meant now, and she shivered as his breath gently tickled her ear. Reaching between them, she ran her fingers teasingly over his cock. “This is your sword.” Removing her hand, she rubbed up against him. “And I am its sheath.”

She was well aware that there were things he couldn't do because of his disabilities. Whether or not he could fight well did not concern her, and she looked forward to assisting him with any task he had trouble with. She had enjoyed helping him dress, although undressing him was much more fun. Her eyes widened when he suggested that she might be bothered by his needs, and the uncertainty on his beloved face nearly broke her heart.

Eleanora cupped his face in both hands and kissed him ardently. “I love you just the way you are, my dear Johan. Everything about you pleases me. Everything. It does not matter that you will never be the greatest swordsman in the world.” She grinned saucily. “You have other talents. I love you simply because you are you and you have entranced me as surely as if you had cast a spell of affection upon me. Yet my love will never fade like a spell. It will grow ever stronger as the years go by. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, even if it means giving up everything I have ever known.”

She kissed him again. “I don't know how I lived so long without you.”

It did not surprise her that he wanted to wait to start a family until her grandfather had been dealt with. Still, she would be happy if this night did result in a child. Her grandfather would come for her soon and when he was dead, she would claim his kingdom as her own. All that, she was quite sure, would happen before she began to show. Eleanora didn't think that there might be opposition to her ruling in her grandfather's place or that the people would not accept a Saxon as their King. He would certainly be kinder than her despotic grandfather. Johan would not punish a man just because he frowned at him. Her grandfather had tortured his subjects for less serious offenses than that.

“I want a large family as well.” She nestled closer. “I wonder if they will all be born with magic. I rather hope that they aren't, but if they are, they will not have to live in fear the way I did and we will teach them to control it and use it to help rather than to hurt.”

Johan smiled, making light sounds of pleasure as she touched and then rubbed against him. He grinned at her appreciatively. He shifted to wrap his arms around her so she stayed pressed up against him, “And at that… s-s-sort of swordplay, you w-w-will become an expert.” He kissed her and smiled in anticipation of nightly pleasures.

Johan relaxed at Eleanora’s kiss, loving and passionate. She spoke after that but he had no doubts after her lips touched his. Still, her words made his heart fill and he grinned happily. “I never knew… true love till I knew your heart, true juh-joy till I knew your arms, true p-p-passion till I knew… your lips.” Whatever gains he hoped to get from the marriage he did love her very deeply.

As to children, “No muh-matter how they are, I’ll luh-love them.” Johan said. He’d decided that long ago. He felt the love he’d been denied as a child keenly. The threats he faced still haunted. He wanted to give his children a world free from all that. He wanted to give Eleanora a world free from that too.

He fantasized about sitting on a stump outside a handsome house. Eleanora would be next to him, leaning against him, nestled into the crook of his arm. Their beautiful little girls and strong little boys would play and laugh. She would look up at him with love in her eyes and he would look down and they would kiss lovingly. And a chorus of ‘eeuuuws’ would come up from their children and they would laugh.

There were affairs of office and state, ambitions of power and glory. But that home would be what made Johan happy. Its image was a whispered promise of future joy

Bright little thrills shimmered up and down her spine when he grinned at her and wrapped his arms securely around her. Oh, how she looked forward to learning how to skillfully wield his sword! Eleanora suspected that there was more to lovemaking than what he had shown her so far and that once they were safely in his bedchamber, he would teach her everything there was to know. “I wish to learn both kinds of swordplay,” she said, smiling saucily, “but this one will always be my favorite.”

She felt him relax beneath her kiss. Was he certain now of her love for him? His response was both eloquent and charming. “Maybe you should add poetry to your list of accomplishments. You have a lovely way with words.” A way that sent tantalizing sensations blossoming through her young body, causing her to tremble slightly in his arms.

Eleanora knew that he must have slept with other women before he had met her, but just thinking about it made her a bit jealous. She hoped he had not left a lover at his castle who expected him to come back to her. Fidelity was important to her, but she wasn't sure how it was looked upon by the Saxons. He would not stray if she kept him happy, no matter what his views on faithfulness.

“We will both love them, and give them the kind of life we never had.” She had known only fear before she had met Johan. Her grandfather wouldn't have beaten her if he had cared even a slight bit for her. The only reason he had kept her around was to make a good marriage, and Eleanora had often wondered if he would have killed her after she produced a more suitable heir for his kingdom … a son who wasn't corrupted by magic. It was possible that her magic was only passed down to females, which was probably what he had been counting on.

But that was behind her now and he would never lay his hands on her again. The children she bore Johan would know only happiness, never fear. They would both make sure of that.

And on the subject of fear: “I wish we didn't have to travel by boat,” she sighed softly. “I am not looking forward to that part of our journey.”

“D-d-don’t confuse them.” Johan said, grinning. But he brought a hand to gently run along her cheek and guide her into a slow but passionate kiss. He inhaled and pulled away, smiling at her and the joy she gave him.

Johan smiled and ran his hand over her ear, tracing down to the back of her neck, “You are a m-m-muse, Eleanora. I never was a… poet till your love and b-b-beauty inspired me.” Honeyed words perhaps, messy and sticky and cloying. But sweetly given and said with love.

The Saxons were theoretically monogamous as a culture and, with their recent conversion by Arthur, religiously so. But powerful rulers could bend or break those rules and even those who obeyed them outwardly often strayed. Fidelity was celebrated but a good deal more optional for men. Of course, this was true even among the British.

But regardless of all that Johan was quite taken with Eleanora. He’d already told her, in clumsy fashion, that there was no one waiting back home to compete with her.

Johan nodded and smiled slightly, pressing another slow kiss to her lips. He would do his best to make sure Eleanora knew only happiness too.

Though unfortunately she was entering a world filled with boats. “I w-w-will be with you. I will do everything I c-c-can to help.” Johan promised again. And the moment was apparently to be on them soon, as the cart ground to a stop and signs of movement began outside the cart. He looked at her again, an apologetic smile on his lips.

“That might be difficult,” she retorted playfully. “Both of your swords are so big.” She yielded blissfully to his kiss, enjoying the myriad pleasurable sensations it evoked in her. When he pulled away, his smile filled her heart with happiness. He seemed totally smitten with her, which is exactly how she wanted him to be. For she was irrevocably smitten by him.

His words were not cloying to Eleanora. She found them utterly delightful. And she loved the idea of being his muse. She shivered as his hand caressed the back of her sensitive neck and she lifted his other hand in her own and brought it to her lips, kissing it softly. “I hope I inspire you in other ways as well,” she purred, enjoying the taste of his lips and tongue when he kissed her slowly and passionately.

Her ardor cooled a bit when she remembered that they were headed toward his boat. “I know you will. I will be safe with you, but my fear is irrational. It consumes my mind and makes thinking logically almost impossible. Just don't let me go, Johan. Whatever happens, don't let me go.”

Eleanora was afraid that if she fainted or threw up on him, he might decide she was more trouble than she was worth. She didn't want to appear weak, but her fear of water was completely debilitating. And it seemed as if he was about to find that out for himself.

When the carriage stopped, she slipped off of his lap and rearranged her clothing with hands that were already beginning to shake uncontrollably. She could smell the scent of water and terror filled her soul. “I can't do this, Johan.” Eleanora grasped his arm a bit too tightly, her eyes wide with horror. Her stomach churned. “I don't think I can even leave the cart.”

Johan laughed at her retort and just replied to her hope with an appreciative smile. He nodded more solemnly as she explained her fear. He understood but he didn’t know what to do beyond assuring her. “I w-w-won’t let you go. I promise.” He said.

As she slipped off his lap, obligingly he continued to hold on to a small bit of her dress while he quickly redid his pants. He’d taken her request literally. There was a large stain where Eleanora had been but Johan didn’t really care. Obviously in their little play Emma had won him in the cart.

Eleanora panicked and Johan drew her against him, pressing her face into his chest and wrapping his arms around her head. “Shhh, it’s alright.” He said soothingly. “I’m here. And you’re b-b-brave. I w-w-will help you. I’ll help. I won’t let go.” He didn’t know how to. But he hoped that just holding her gave her some comfort.

“I love you Eleanora.” He said, still holding her tightly. As he held her one hand began to gently run through her hair. He smiled at the small blonde. He'd only just met her but she really did make his heart swell. He would love to take care of her. And while he ever hoped she would be that sparkling, smiling woman he had first met, his love wasn't shallow or fleeting. If she fainted or vomited he would only wish to help her.

She thought it sweet the way he held onto her gown as she readjusted it. He was taking her plea seriously and even that simple gesture made her feel a bit better. Eleanora noticed the stain on his breeches and winced. He didn't seem upset about it. His men would likely notice the visible proof of their lovemaking, but maybe Johan saw it as a matter of pride. 'Emma' had succumbed to his seduction. Or rather, he had succumbed to hers.

Her own attire was unblemished as she had pulled her skirt up around her waist before making love to him and the stickiness between her legs had dried. It was hard to make certain she looked proper without a mirror but at least none of her naughty bits were showing. Her hair was probably tussled, but so was his. Let his men talk about them. Emma had achieved her goal and she wouldn't have to pretend to be satisfied when she left the cart. She was quite pleased with her beloved Johan.

Unfortunately, it would be difficult to see her satisfaction because of her fear. Eleanora clung to Johan when he pulled her close. Could he feel how rapidly her heart beat and the way her body shook? His soothing words were comforting and she tried … in vain … to forget that water lurked outside the cart. She wasn't brave. Far from it. But maybe with him beside her, she would at least be able to board the ship without fainting or losing her dinner. Sometimes she froze when she was close to water as if her feet had become rooted to the ground. She was tiny and didn't weigh very much, but Johan would not be able to carry her. Somehow, she would have to force herself to move. She didn't want a strange Saxon throwing her over his shoulder and hauling her on board.

Eleanora smiled when he professed his love for her and gently caressed her hair. He was telling her that no matter what happened, his feelings for would not change. “I love you too, dear Johan. And I trust that you will not let me drown.” Her voice came out in a quivering whisper.

Pulling away from him but holding fast to his hand, she squared her shoulders. “Let's get this over with. I'm as ready as I'll ever be.”

Johan’s pants had been down but not pulled to his ankles. And since he’d been below her… Johan would change, or at least take the pants off, once they were in the cabin. He wasn’t going to purposefully walk around in stained clothes but he also had no qualms about announcing to the world they’d fucked.

Johan pulled her back to him once more for a kiss and held her a moment more. Then he stood and, taking her hand, led her out of the cart. They were on a beach and there were three ships, one of which was much larger than the other two. The large ship had a cabin and below decks and so on, the other two had flat decks with benches. They were being loaded and various people were running around. No one appeared to pay them much mind, except to stay out of their way.

As they came up to the gang plank of the largest ship, Johan smiled at her. He tugged her in front of him and wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed the back of her neck then slid so his hands were on her sides. “Go on, I’ve g-g-got you.” He urged her to walk up to the ship, with him behind. This had drawn a few people’s attention. A few gathered around to look at what was becoming a bit of a spectacle.

Johan gestured at them and they all looked away quickly, though a few continued to peak. “T-t-take your time.” His hands slipped around her to hug her briefly before going back to steadying her. His hands, though shaking slightly, were not weak. She could probably twist out of them but even if she collapsed completely she wouldn't fall or go overboard. Actually, the way Johan was standing, if she collapsed she'd fall back into him.

Johan's kiss was so enthralling that she was able to forget her fear of water for a few brief moments. When he kissed her, all she could think of was him and the wonderful way she felt in his embrace. But eventually he pulled away and the terror returned in full force. Eleanora hesitated when he led her out of the cart, her eyes wide with horror. She wanted to flee back into its safety, though she knew that would only waste valuable time.

They needed to keep moving. Her grandfather and his men might be hot on their heels for all she knew. Maybe somebody at the feast had seen them leave the hall together when she had taken him to her room. He would be quick to suspect sorcery was involved, and would believe that she had inherited her mother's magic and had used it to get away. Sir Wolfhelm would most likely tell him how his sword had inexplicably flown from his hand, which would only confirm his suspicions.

Eleanora flinched as her feet sank into the sand of the beach, squeezing Johan's hand so hard that she was surprised he didn't yelp in pain and push her away from him. He still held tight to her as he had promised, despite any discomfort he might feel. Her legs felt both weak and stiff, but she forced herself to take one step and then another and another. The ships fascinated her, but the way they swayed upon the water made her nauseous and it was all she could do to keep from heaving.

When they reached the gangplank, Eleanora gulped. The waves were lapping at the shoreline as if eager to pull her in and sweep her away, and her vision blurred. I will not pass out, she told herself. I have to do this or we will die. As if he sensed how frightened she was, Johan wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck, urging her onwards. Slowly, she began to traverse the wooden boards with him pressed against her back.

Perhaps it was his presence behind her that gave her the courage to go on. If she fainted, she would fall backwards and he might lose his balance. They would both fall into the water's greedy maw and be devoured in its murky depths. And she cared much more for his safety than her own.

Eleanora was so consumed by fear that she didn't notice that they had attracted an audience. When Johan hugged her, she clung to him again. As long as he is with me, I have nothing to fear. He will keep me safe, she told herself over and over. The gangplank seemed to go on forever and she didn't think it would ever end. Finally, though, they reached the deck of the ship and the breath she had been holding whooshed out of her.

Yet now that she was surrounded on all sides by water, she panicked and started struggling against Johan, desperate to make it back to land. “Let me go!” she cried. “I want to go back to the cart!”

Johan just smiled as she held him tightly. Truthfully it hurt a bit but he had the same habit. To Johan, who held no fear of water, the waves seemed gentle. If they fell in, even if Eleanora panicked and flailed, he would be able to safely get her back to shore. But he wasn’t going to even bring up the possibility. Her fear was irrational. He understood that.

Once she was on deck she began to panic. This drew a great deal of attention, and perhaps a few thoughts that Johan might be actually kidnapping her.

But Johan, with some awkwardness and yet easily enough, scooped the petite blonde into his arms. They were so close to the cabin and he knew it would be better in there. He pulled her tightly against him, gripping her so she couldn’t escape, and hurried towards the cabin. No doubt causing a few more stares and thoughts about whether the earl was kidnapping someone.

There was a noticeable drop as he limped. He didn’t have any trouble holding her though. He was not as weak as he looked. Whatever doubts he had, one of his men got the door and they went inside. Eleanora would feel the softness of furs on her back and then envelop her as Johan swaddled her then took her hand. “You know, I thuh-think you’re b-b-brave. This is hard but you’re b-b-bearing it.” Perhaps not overly well, but still. He planted a kiss.

The room was small. It had a desk and chair, a few trunks and barrels, a great many maps on the walls and a few weapons stowed here or there. There was also a small bed, meant to accommodate one. Eleanora was small enough they’d both fit, so long as she didn’t mind being pressed up against him. It was covered in furs.

Gingerly, Johan placed her on the bed. He kept one hand on hers as he stood. He closed the hatches that passed for windows. The room was now dark. After a moment of fumbling Johan lit a candle. There was no way for Eleanora to see water. The room smelled musky which drowned out the smell of the sea. The bed particularly had been where Johan had laid his head many nights. And, aside from the rocking of the boat, only faint sounds of waves reached the cabin.

Johan brought over a bucket and placed it beside the bed. He sat down and put both of his hands on hers. “How are we d-d-doing?” He looked over, anxious to help, doting a bit. “If I c-c-can do anything…”

Her fear was all-consuming, and Eleanora could think of nothing else as she tried to wriggle out of his grasp. All she knew was that she had to get back to land or the water would swallow her and she would die. She remembered how her mother's limbs had flailed wildly while her head was held in the barrel. And then they had fallen limp and still. Only then had she been released and tossed carelessly upon the ground, her eyes bulging and her mouth wide open. Her grandfather had even kicked her lifeless body, as if to make sure she was truly dead.

All of those horrible memories came flooding back, as clear as if it had happened yesterday. Only vaguely did her terrified mind register that Johan had picked her up and was carrying her and she continued to struggle for a few brief moments until he embraced her so tightly that she could barely move. Instinctively, her arms entwined around his neck and she stilled in his arms, hiding her head against his shoulders.

Slowly and excruciatingly, her senses began to return, although the image of her mother's tortured face remained in her mind. Eleanora could feel his uneven gait and she was afraid that she was hurting him, but her breath was too labored for her to ask him to let her go. She felt as if she were struggling for breath, as if she were drowning like her mother, and she was as weak as a newborn kitten.

The lighting changed and she looked around her. Was this the cabin he had spoken of? Her vision was too blurry for her to make out the details and when he wrapped her in furs, she realized how cold she was. So very cold. Her small body was shaking relentlessly and when he took her hand, she squeezed it. It was becoming easier to breathe now, and she took great gulps of air, as if she had been starved for it.

He lay her on the small bed, his hand still firmly clasped around his as he closed the hatches and windows. Eleanora cried out when the room was plunged into darkness. Only a moment later, a flickering candle burst into flame. Her stomach still churned dangerously and she continued to shiver. When he brought over a bucket, she smiled wanly, knowing what it was for. The mattress sagged a bit as he sat down beside her and when he took her hands, she held on tight.

“I'm … I'm scared,” she whispered, her voice sounding small and childlike. She knew she was still surrounded by water, but his presence comforted her. “Lie beside me,” she implored. “Hold me and … and make me forget.”

Johan’s heart broke at Eleanora’s quiet admission of fear. He felt like he’d failed her in some way. He wanted her to feel better, to feel comfortable, and the moment she quietly implored him he moved.

He shed the stained pants and his other clothes, letting them fall in a crumple. He slid the armlet off her arm and she was again Eleanora. And with a flash of his eyes her dress turned into a sheet. He snaked inside and enveloped her small, shaking form in his, skin pressed against skin.

She felt tense against him, small and weak. He just pulled her even more tightly, seeking to envelop her. Maybe he couldn’t make her feel big, but at least he could surround her. He hoped she felt him as a safe presence.

He tucked the covers so they were swaddled together, pressed up tight against each other in the warmth of the blankets. “I’m here.” He said, “I w-w-won’t let go. I love you.” He repeated, like a mantra, a prayer meant to calm her. “We’ll g-g-get through tonight together.” And there would be many, many more nights. Hopefully most given over to comfortable pleasure.

He kissed her, briefly, tentatively. She was tense and he hoped it would calm her. He looked down at her, concern and love in his eyes. His hands gently but tightly dug into her naked form. She was cold, shivering, and she seemed… distant. He was afraid that he was losing her. That she might not forgive him or decide that he was asking too much.

Archived